No announcement yet.

Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is what I mean about medical science. you need a feeding tube in your cat. you need anesthesia, you need a blood transfusion, anything obvious, they are fucking awesome at.

but if you start throwing shit at them that is new. or if it's like some kind of constellation of symptoms, they are going to get rattled and fuck up just like everyone else. we're mortals. it's really just a job.

Comment

• I have one motto when it comes to trying to control information

"This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud. We explore, and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias, and you call us criminals."

"Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for." -The Mentor, was published in the hacker zine Phrack.

this makes me one of the original conspiracy theorists.

Comment

• one of the cool things about cats is they are experts at sleep. they are totally lucid dreamers, which is unusual in the animal world. a dog will protect you when you are awake, but a cat thinks it can protect you when dreaming. that's why we say cats have supernatural powers. they protect you from evil.

Comment

• lol I don't even remember writing that last post.

you know what upsets me. by the scientific community saying there was no possibility of a lab leak, and then backtracking they now seem untrustworthy. anti-vaxxers now think, if you lie about the origins than you'll lie about vaccinations. ..and I use that term loosely. if you bully your opinion than you'll keep bullying. or is the word dishonest or denial better? the scientific community lost credibility by revisiting the virus origins. and I don't even care about the origins anymore. but it hurts the vaccine narrative. of course pro-vaccine has turned into vaccine fanaticism. heh

I haven't had healthcare for over 2 years now. and I live in MA. I could probably get it basically for free. last 2 tax returns I was able to minimize the penalty. I am so upset with the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry that I will fucking die first before I give them a dime. kind of late now but maybe i'll make a savings account specifically for future health expenses. but I am not paying into the system unless I get sick, and if I can't afford it, so be it. I have my principles.

those people that got the AstraZeneca vaccine and died of blood clots would still be alive if they got the mRNA. https://www.yahoo.com/news/german-sc...104100511.html I read the paper, it was accepted. it's got an extra snippet of code or something. the Johnson and Johnson one has less of a chance, not as big of an extra snippet. it was recommended in the paper they should redo the delivery, I guess they said fuck it.

you got spike proteins from the vaccines accumulating in the ovaries where they were supposed to stay in your arm.

you got repurposed drugs that might be a better alternative for treatments but because of profiteering gluttons, and idiot trump with his hydroxychloroquine stunt, we got more expensive risky treatments and also everyone thinks now any repurposed drug that would work won't be attempted or voir dire. of course it's just easier giving everyone a shot in the arm.

I do recommended listening to that brett weinstein shit, robert malone seems pretty good. you guys are probably so pro covid vaccine you probably think I am a nutjob. but it's ok if you had already thought I was a nutjob. then you'd be right. I just wanted to clear that up. heh

Comment

• so after I posted the loose spike protein thing I saw a fact check and read it. interesting that they refuted it but quoted doctors saying there not been studies on humans. it's true that studies on mice hardly ever scale correctly. yet, they were in error when they stated lipid nanoparticles not spike proteins. what do you think is encapsulating the protein.

the fact checker wouldn't know a pericardial effusion from a pleurall one. that was a hard lesson to learn from the vets treating my cat. that's where my anger at healthcare comes. they totally failed me. it's a long story. the lipid nanoparticles are totally stressing the heart. older people aren't having the same problem as younger people because they are already on blood thinners.

I could really write a lot, but I don't feel like it. you know what a fact checker is? some editor that plagiarizes pop culture, and I say to them, are you planning on quoting the whole thing, or like in Good Will Hunting, do you have some thoughts on this matter yourself?

this virus is not something you can vaccine your way out of. this virus is perfect, it doesn't change enough for boosters, and yet changes enough not to have a permanent vaccine. if you keep trying to vaccinate eventually your immune system will become overworked, and it simply will not keep being effective.

Comment

• The NC State baseball team has been disqualified from the NCAA baseball tournament because of CV-19 concerns. Few details have been provided but the NCAA baseball committee said “This decision was made based on the recommendation of the championship medical team and the Douglas County (Omaha) Health Department.” Additionally, according to multiple sources, two unvaccinated NC State players tested positive for COVID-19 this week, prompting the NCAA to test the entire roster, including vaccinated players. Four positive tests came back from that round of testing, prompting the ruling. All four of the latest positive tests came from vaccinated individuals who were in the dugout for Friday’s game against Vanderbilt. Also, NC State's coach was asked whether or not he encouraged his players to get vaccinated and he basically said he left that up to each individual player.

Because of the lack of informational details, I'm not sure exactly what to say about this besides that it was a shame to have their season end this way. NC State overcame a miserable start to their season to not only make the tournament but be one of the 16 regional hosts. They defeated the #1 overall seed, Arkansas, in the super regional to make it to the World Series, where they remained in the winner's bracket. The CV-19 issues hit yesterday and they played a "semi-final" game against Vanderbilt w only 9 position players and 4 pitchers and still made a game of it, losing 3-1. They were to play another game against Vandy today to decide which team would make it to the final series. This was a shocking development to anyone who follows college baseball closely. There were other schools in other sports this year that dropped out of the NCAA tournament for CV-19 issues but none at so late a stage in the tournament.
              Last edited by rhd; 06-26-2021, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• So I wonder how players who are vaccinated feel in this situation with the players not vaccinated. I read somewhere this week in a office situation where there was a covid outbreak. Everyone in the office came down with covid except the ones vaccinated with 2 deaths. That’s got to stop and make you think.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                  So I wonder how players who are vaccinated feel in this situation with the players not vaccinated. I read somewhere this week in a office situation where there was a covid outbreak. Everyone in the office came down with covid except the ones vaccinated with 2 deaths. That’s got to stop and make you think.
                  I don't understand how they can't make the vaccines mandatory for participation on these teams (the ones in High Schools and Colleges) I remember having to make sure my vaccine cards were up to date when I was on sports teams in High School, did that change somewhere over the past 40+ years?
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                    So I wonder how players who are vaccinated feel in this situation with the players not vaccinated. I read somewhere this week in a office situation where there was a covid outbreak. Everyone in the office came down with covid except the ones vaccinated with 2 deaths. That’s got to stop and make you think.
                    But in this case, the 4 players that tested positive after the NCAA mandate all had been vaccinated previously. Just because you're vaccinated doesnt mean you wont test positive and it doesnt mean you cant spread it even if you dont test positive. Particularly if the people involved dont wear masks around each other. I dont know whether the players were required to wear masks in the clubhouse or meeting rooms or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                      I don't understand how they can't make the vaccines mandatory for participation on these teams (the ones in High Schools and Colleges) I remember having to make sure my vaccine cards were up to date when I was on sports teams in High School, did that change somewhere over the past 40+ years?
                      I might be in favor of this, too. But during most of the baseball season, the only people in the US eligible for vaccinations were much older people. Do you have an exception for sports teams? If so, you're probably taking away vaccines from older, more at-risk people. Maybe they should have required this for participation in this tournament, since it was held at a time when vaccines were more available. But even this might be considered a heavy-handed approach by some. The answers arent easy but it's just a shame for the NC State team that had a reasonable chance of winning a national title.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                        I might be in favor of this, too. But during most of the baseball season, the only people in the US eligible for vaccinations were much older people. Do you have an exception for sports teams? If so, you're probably taking away vaccines from older, more at-risk people. Maybe they should have required this for participation in this tournament, since it was held at a time when vaccines were more available. But even this might be considered a heavy-handed approach by some. The answers arent easy but it's just a shame for the NC State team that had a reasonable chance of winning a national title.
                        I agree that some would consider it heavy handed. I also agree that they should have made it mandatory for Tourney participation.

I don't agree that it's a shame. They knew the potential of NOT getting vaccinated could lead to contracting/infecting other with Covid and chose not to get it done. They now need to be accountable for their choices. I, for one, feel like these situations are a--They got what they deserved--kind of outcomes. But I'm kind of a meanie.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          I don't agree that it's a shame. They knew the potential of NOT getting vaccinated could lead to contracting/infecting other with Covid and chose not to get it done. They now need to be accountable for their choices. I, for one, feel like these situations are a--They got what they deserved--kind of outcomes. But I'm kind of a meanie.
                          Nah, it's a shame. First, I think there's a difference between someone deserving an outcome and the likely possibility of an outcome based on a person's actions or inactions. Second, the kids didnt have anything to do w the NCAA policies, the university's policies, the team's policies or, for that matter, the state or federal government's policies. They just wanted to play and try and win a title. It's shame at least for the kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                            Nah, it's a shame. First, I think there's a difference between someone deserving an outcome and the likely possibility of an outcome based on a person's actions or inactions. Second, the kids didnt have anything to do w the NCAA policies, the university's policies, the team's policies or, for that matter, the state or federal government's policies. They just wanted to play and try and win a title. It's shame at least for the kids.
                            I feel that everyone who has no underlying medical reason should be vaccinated. The kids had a choice to make and chose unwisely-The powers that be had nothing to do with that choice.

Policies, Mandates and/or Laws are just words to some. Doing the right thing, getting vaccinated, was/is the right thing to do--for one's self and society as a whole.

I can't agree with your opinion that choice when an outcome is uncertain does not merit accountability.

You'd have to have been living under a rock not to know the risk of Covid to yourself and/or others. They ran that risk, putting themselves and others in potential jeopardy. I can't see how they don't deserve the outcome of losing that bet.

But again, I'm pretty punitive as a rule.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• what gets me is you can't vaccinate kids under 12. nor should you in my opinion as to them the vaccination is potentially more harmful than the virus. yet, ppl complain about not having herd immunity when there is still a massive natural reservoir. so it's a bunch of old people that didn't take care of themselves and got diabetes and were alcoholics that can't survive the virus telling people with robust immune systems to get a shot, where no matter what you do, the virus is going to have a reservoir anyways. and I would bet a lot of those tests are false positives. or everyone is positive if you look deep enough.

old ppl screwing the next generation. bunch of entitled pricks clinging on to power and telling everyone what to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                                what gets me is you can't vaccinate kids under 12. nor should you in my opinion as to them the vaccination is potentially more harmful than the virus. yet, ppl complain about not having herd immunity when there is still a massive natural reservoir. so it's a bunch of old people that didn't take care of themselves and got diabetes and were alcoholics that can't survive the virus telling people with robust immune systems to get a shot, where no matter what you do, the virus is going to have a reservoir anyways. and I would bet a lot of those tests are false positives. or everyone is positive if you look deep enough.

old ppl screwing the next generation. bunch of entitled pricks clinging on to power and telling everyone what to do.
                                Did I imagine the part where we vaccinate kids before the attend school at the age of 4-5-6?

As for the bolded part, well my wife is 17 years younger than me so I guess the first part is true. But I have no power to cling to and no entitlements, though I do like telling people what to do so...ya got me.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X