Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
    I also recently came up with a theory way cats fed regular cat food never live past 20, while cats fed home cooked food (hopefully with taurine), live past 20. cats die of kidney disease. and I thought, it's because they are desert animals, they are drought resistant. they don't drink a lot of water. as a result they don't flush their system a lot. commercial cat food is processed food. it has a lot off good stuff but it still has processed stuff that builds up. the past 2 days I ran out of sheba and cooked chicked for them. and they acted like the world was coming to an end. and I realized, they act like they are addicted to it. kitty crack. they bugged me all day to get some, and after I did, they are so content now. they are like..nooo we don't want healthy chicken, we want our crack! moreover, shortcuts and conveniences has it's price, but a cat that lives to 16 but eats something it loves every day vs a 20 something that gets home cooked but not living the dream. hmm. it looks like addiction to me though.

i'm sorry for being a drunk asshole guys. be safe. it's cool. it felt really good letting all that stuff out. I needed to grow up.
    Before the holidays I had a bunch of shredded roasted chicken that I was trying to get rid of because I was traveling for a week. My two inside cats had zero interest in it. I can't get them to eat anything other than cat food. They turn up their noses at ham, tuna, tuna juice, chicken. whatever. One of them does like tostitos and doritos though. I ended up feeding the chicken to the cat that's currently living in my yard and he thought it was the greatest thing in the world. Indoor cats, no thank you, just give me cat food please.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• viruses are like grasshoppers turning into locusts.
      once the variants start bumping into each other they fight for lebensraum
      and metamorphose into storms.
      and the feral cat here did like the chicken,
      but her domesticated mother told her to hold out for something better.
      it's always about your peers.
      it's all about what you want to be when you grow up.
      a virus wants to be a bigger virus. a single celled organism wants to be multicell.

and these cats are costing me $3 a day. my whole strategy was $1.99 a pound of chicken was cheaper.

(I made my post into a poem, I am really down on creativity, unfortunately)

it's easy to live with animals, you have to convince them you see what they see. and that is not something you can pull off with notes. but domesticating an animal, you need other domesticated animals to help you. part of the group. a trusted representative. and I swear this strategy will work with bears; until a random bear eats you by mistake. and the other ones aren't around to protect you.

I am not gong to institute any home cooking until we are safe. heh.. but that is defeatism. I bought some garlic barbecue sauce for the chicken. but I have to look up if the ingredients are safe. obviously you know tuna water isn't safe it causes steatitis. https://www.petmd.com/cat/conditions...c_ct_steatitis
      Steatitis is a rare disease in cats, characterized by a lump under the skin surface due to inflammation of the fatty tissue. Nutrition is often involved in the pathology of this condition. Ingestion of large amounts of unsaturated fats without sufficient antioxidant activity may result in peroxidation (where free radicals "steal" electrons from the lipids in cell membranes, resulting in cell damage) with subsequent fat necrosis (death of fat cells) and steatitis. Cats that are fed large amounts of tuna, particularly red tuna, tend to be more prone to steatitis.

Comment

• had a cat that liked doritos too. she actually ate plain donuts.

in theory your body will innately choose the most nutritious thing based it thinks it needs.
        or the downside, eating kitty litter is the downside of renal disease resulting from anemia.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          Before the holidays I had a bunch of shredded roasted chicken that I was trying to get rid of because I was traveling for a week. My two inside cats had zero interest in it. I can't get them to eat anything other than cat food. They turn up their noses at ham, tuna, tuna juice, chicken. whatever. One of them does like tostitos and doritos though.
          Tostitos and doritos? Sounds like that cat has broken into your pot stash.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

had a cat that liked doritos too. she actually ate plain donuts.

in theory your body will innately choose the most nutritious thing based it thinks it needs.
            or the downside, eating kitty litter is the downside of renal disease resulting from anemia.
            Our cat likes red pasta sauce as well as pizza sauce.

Comment

• Two of the lawyers arguing to block Biden’s Covid mandate before the Supreme Court have come down with Covid, because of course.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                Two of the lawyers arguing to block Biden’s Covid mandate before the Supreme Court have come down with Covid, because of course.
                Hard to say anything except "Thoughts and Prayers" The odds of their survival are good and I'm sure this will be just more evidence of why people shouldn't be forced to be vaccinated. There are so many anecdotes of anti-vaxxers dying at this point, but it doesn't change anyone's opinion. We live in such a crazy, fucked up world. Don't even know what to say at this point.
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                ---------------------------------------------
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• if you ever told the government, you could build a stronger immune system than they could..

i still can't tell where i am going with Netflix's next dystopian TV shown where having a strong immune system is a crime is going.

well, they would shut you down because they say they can do it better.

Comment

if you ever told the government, you could build a stronger immune system than they could..

i still can't tell where i am going with Netflix's next dystopian TV shown where having a strong immune system is a crime is going.

well, they would shut you down because they say they can do it better.
                    Above are a lot of words that seem to be structured into sentences. I honestly have no idea what they mean.

Comment

• recently I was trying to see how everything that has happened could be correlated to the essay The Lottery by Shirley Jackson. and I don't think I see a way to do it. https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1...26/the-lottery
                      Listening to the young folks, nothing’s good enough for them. Next thing you know, they’ll be wanting to go back to living in caves
                      or maybe this one
                      There was a great deal of fussing to be done before Mr. Summers declared the lottery open. There were the lists to make up—of heads of families, heads of households in each family, members of each household in each family. There was the proper swearing-in of Mr. Summers by the postmaster, as the official of the lottery; at one time, some people remembered, there had been a recital of some sort, performed by the official of the lottery, a perfunctory, tuneless chant that had been rattled off duly each year; some people believed that the official of the lottery used to stand just so when he said or sang it, others believed that he was supposed to walk among the people, but years and years ago this part of the ritual had been allowed to lapse. There had been, also, a ritual salute, which the official of the lottery had had to use in addressing each person who came up to draw from the box, but this also had changed with time, until now it was felt necessary only for the official to speak to each person approaching. Mr. Summers was very good at all this; in his clean white shirt and blue jeans, with one hand resting carelessly on the black box, he seemed very proper and important
                      wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lottery

-One of the major ideas of "The Lottery" is that of a scapegoat. The act of stoning someone to death yearly purges the town of the bad and allows for the good.

-The story also speaks of mob psychology and the idea that people can abandon reason and act cruelly if they are part of a large group of people behaving in the same manner. The idyllic setting of the story also demonstrates that violence and evil can take place anywhere and in any context. This also shows how people can turn on each other so easily. When or where it is set specifically, is never said, leaving some to consider it science fiction.

-Alongside the mob mentality, the author Shirley Jackson illustrates a society that mocks the idea of tradition without reason, establishing a theme that people should not blindly follow a tradition that has lost its original meaning. Irony, symbols, and language all contribute to such an interpretation. This message dominates the story, from the initial pleasant description of the town to the surprise ending of the stoning. In the very first paragraph, she describes the setting as "clear and sunny, with the fresh warmth of a full summer day.
                      perhaps it's the saying the path to hell is paved with good intentions.

Comment

recently I was trying to see how everything that has happened could be correlated to the essay The Lottery by Shirley Jackson.
                        No short story impacted me more than The Lottery did.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• my greatest sin is not realizing, even if I don't agree, we are still fighting for something. and that is the most important thing.

Comment

• we're losing Judge Jude. we need to pull him back into the group. he was right the whole time. I never really gave him shit but when he had trouble with his cats, I wanted to help him.

Comment

• this is totally what they mean when they say zombie apocalypse.

we joke but it totally is. I remember over a year ago when I was panic buying cat food at walmarts and two women talked to me. we talked for a bit, and her lesbian friend made a joke about a zombie apocalypse. this was very early on before anyone knew anything. I felt like explaining how viruses have incubation periods. and how I could compare this virus to a zombie apocalypse.

her friend was quick to cover for her. explaining she is joking. I mean hey, who doesn't love a good zombie apocalypse science fiction story.

except it's now not a science fiction story... you better hope the vaccines don't break the blood brain barrier or there is any prion disease.

Comment

• I never understood how my people, who lived their entire lives weary of big agriculture, who only shopped at Whole Foods. or never let their kids eat sugar or processed meat. or Red Dye #2 in candy. who know, our easy environment is polluting us and causing cancer. suddenly lined up for an experimental vaccine that was never going to stop transmission for a disease that mostly affected people with 4 or more comorbidities. and then voluntarily offered their children up also, even though they were at minimal risk and this was a non-sterilizing vaccine. to allow the total shut down of society over their fears, yet put total trust in the very institutions, where we as intellectuals have been calling out our entire lives.

Comment

Working...
                                X