Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    We should just start another one and leave this one for stream of consciousness ranting.
    I'm reminded of a book I read once. I can't remember which one. It's raining now.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      I'm reminded of a book I read once. I can't remember which one. It's raining now.
      How's your cat doing

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        How's your cat doing
        Stealing food from some Feral in Maine.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I am sorry I will totally reign myself in and stop being crazy. i'll out for a few weeks. I am concerned like everyone. stick to the vaccine narrative. they are working.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            Stealing food from some Feral in Maine.
            Not cool
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• what I really wanted to do was post a video cartoon from Jili Rose it's called predator. but it's not on you tube. her best video is a true story and is good science. I have posted it before.

Exiled from the tropical paradise where they evolved, a tiny population of remarkable stick insects dodged extinction by hiding under a single windswept bush on…

here's the virus https://vimeo.com/38900199 video. I watched it a few years ago. it's pretty cool. it doesn't imbed.

the story of sticky is something everyone should know.
              it's a teachable moment about biology.

Comment

• I thought this was really cool https://www.wired.com/story/dna-has-...ap-in-a-fifth/

if I ever blasted into space, you should have a team of Russians. I've seen shit like this before.

Comment

• Biden is pushing for states to use federal funding to give $100 to anyone getting a vaccine. If anyone has held off this long, I have doubts that $100 will push many people over the top, but maybe a few.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    Biden is pushing for states to use federal funding to give $100 to anyone getting a vaccine. If anyone has held off this long, I have doubts that $100 will push many people over the top, but maybe a few.
                    a good idea, a small price to pay compared to the potential impacts of continuing spread. I just hope people on the fence don't wait it out now and hope for a payoff later. Sad that we have to pay people to take potentially live saving vaccines.
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      a good idea, a small price to pay compared to the potential impacts of continuing spread. I just hope people on the fence don't wait it out now and hope for a payoff later. Sad that we have to pay people to take potentially live saving vaccines.
                      Can I get a second vaccine and rake in some of that sweet cash? Double bonus is that two vaccines would provide me with twice the protection, no? That's how it works, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                        Can I get a second vaccine and rake in some of that sweet cash? Double bonus is that two vaccines would provide me with twice the protection, no? That's how it works, right?
                        You joke, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that at least few people will try this.

Comment

You joke, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that at least few people will try this.
                          I would be totally fine with that. Spend 35 billion and get everyone in America vaccinated. We have spent a lot more on a lot less worthwhile stuff.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            I would be totally fine with that. Spend 35 billion and get everyone in America vaccinated. We have spent a lot more on a lot less worthwhile stuff.
                            I just don't think it moves the needle much. Maybe nullnor can chime in to give his perspective. My sense is $100 would mean something to him, so he is a good test case. Maybe this pushes over some of those few left who are a hesitant, but not really against vaccination. But I'd venture to guess that it would be the reason the remaining unvaccinated get vaccinated in less than 1 in 100 cases. Still worth doing, but I think FDA full approval will move the needle more.

Comment

I now only mask at places where it is required/expected. My county currently has 18 reported cases out of a population of nearly 200k, and our vaccination rates are above 70% for adults. I feel the risk is minimal, and masking isn't necessary at the moment in my area. I may feel differently when i visit Florida next month. My wife still masks up any time she is indoors, and we mask our young kids, since they are not vaxxed.

I do plan on masking indoors going forward any time I have a bug or allergy that causes sneezing or coughing, which seems to be a long overdue courtesy that I hope becomes more popular. But I don't see masking up on the regular of my own volition, barring a big Delta spike or something.

BTW, I just saw one of the few people masked at a store today take off his mask to sneeze, which made me feel he has no clue what masking is supposed to do. It annoyed me more than if he hadn't been masked at all. He sneezed right out into the air, not even elbowing it. He clearly thinks masking is to protect him and f everyone else.
                              With the new recommendations that vaccinated folks should mask, as they can pass the Delta variant to others in up to 1 in 20 cases, I am back to masking. Buuut, no one in my area has gotten the memo. Very few masks here. I am going to Florida soon. I fear it will be even worse that, despite that fact that the case rate is way, way higher there. Reported cases have doubled from their low in my county, but are still at 53 active cases out of about 190k people.

Comment

I just don't think it moves the needle much. Maybe nullnor can chime in to give his perspective. My sense is $100 would mean something to him, so he is a good test case. Maybe this pushes over some of those few left who are a hesitant, but not really against vaccination. But I'd venture to guess that it would be the reason the remaining unvaccinated get vaccinated in less than 1 in 100 cases. Still worth doing, but I think FDA full approval will move the needle more.
                                I'm sure some people would spin it as the government is paying 100 bucks because they want to give you a microchip and control your life...but at the end of the day 100 dollars means a lot to many people. Just sad that we even have to have this discussion.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X