No announcement yet.

Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got back from getting my second dose of the vaccine. I will let you know if I have any side effects. This is my second dose of Pfizer.
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
      Just got back from getting my second dose of the vaccine. I will let you know if I have any side effects. This is my second dose of Pfizer.
      ITC - Thanks for the updates. I have family that will be getting second Pfizer dose soon, so appreciate any real person input.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

So 18 hours after my second dose. I'm feeling good. Arm is a little stiff, but that's about it. I did find myself pretty tired about 6 hours after the shot, and I did go to bed early last night.

I have two other employees who got the second dose yesterday, as well. One, who had COVID, has some body soreness, but that was about it. The other one is out today. She hasn't felt well for the past 12 hours. Has chills, and said her head hurt which "is causing me not to see straight".

So three different people, three different reactions. As has been stated previously, I have heard from many people that the second dose hit those who have had COVID much worse than those who have not. Everyone one of those people has said that COVID was way worse than the reaction to the second dose.

When you are eligible and there are doses, GET YOUR SHOT! You're not just helping yourself, you are helping all of us!
        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

A friend of mine got his second dose yesterday too. The first one was a breeze. This one was rougher for him--it gave him body aches and a fever and he too had some chills, but he is feeling better this morning.

Comment

Roger Goodell and the NFL are opening up all of the league's stadiums and urging Joe Biden to use them as COVID vaccine sites.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

After announcing Iowa is ranked 48th out of 50 states in getting people vaccinated...Governor Reynolds announced the lifting of the mask mandate and the rules concerning social distancing at bars and restaurants. This pandemic is going to be here a long time with stupid decisions like that.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Roger Goodell and the NFL are opening up all of the league's stadiums and urging Joe Biden to use them as COVID vaccine sites.
                It might be cold enough in Green Bay today for the Pfizer vaccine.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Dose one this AM. Pfizer. No side effects yet, although most people I know who have had the first one have had no issues.

Was surprisingly efficient at a vaccine "megasite." Was in and out in about 25 minutes, including the mandatory 15 minute waiting period to ensure you don't have an adverse reaction.

Dose 2 in early March.

Comment

One-third of US military service members eligible to receive a Covid-19 vaccination have opted not to, defense officials said Monday.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

There is now confusion, at least in Pennsylvania, about how to prevent the mixing of "first doses" of the vaccine with the "second doses" since they are exactly the same and are now being shipped together. People are having their "second dose" delayed because it was given to someone else as a "first dose". The CDC recommends getting the "second dose" between 28 and 42 days after the "first dose". Apparently, some of the vaccine providers in Pennsylvania are not good at math.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        One-third of US military service members eligible to receive a Covid-19 vaccination have opted not to, defense officials said Monday.
                        That is a disturbingly high percentage.

Comment

Springfield, MO COVID ICU ward celebrates all empty beds for the first time since July, 2020. I feel super guarded against getting my hopes up but...........

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

COVID hospitalizations area half what they were at the peak. That's still bad, but it's a huge improvement.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              COVID hospitalizations area half what they were at the peak. That's still bad, but it's a huge improvement.
                              I'm a big fan of half.

Comment

Got mine today (Moderna), woohoo!
                                Last edited by DMT; 02-27-2021, 07:46 PM.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X