No announcement yet.

Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will take the first available. I have already had covid - so supposedly am immune for a while.
    2 of my Daughters have already had the first shot and no side effects.

Comment

got a note from DoorDash.

apparently I'm classified as an "essential worker" and qualify for California Phase 2-B status. Looking at the Covid19.ca.gov site 1B-2 is for:
      Those at risk of exposure at work in the following sectors:
      *Transportation and Logistics
      *Industrial, commercial, residential and sheltering facilities and services
      *Critical manufacturing

Congregate settings with outbreak risk:
      *Incarcerated
      *Homeless.

If this is true I could jump the line on my 50-64 year old category, but it seems like bullshit to me. Transportation and logistics? That's a stretch.

RJEL wife says I should do it, but I may wait my real turn.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        If this is true I could jump the line on my 50-64 year old category, but it seems like bullshit to me. Transportation and logistics? That's a stretch.
        I think you should get the vaccine when you can.

If one person that you were doordashing for were to get COVID from you, then it's worth it, right? While unlikely, it's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          got a note from DoorDash.

apparently I'm classified as an "essential worker" and qualify for California Phase 2-B status. Looking at the Covid19.ca.gov site 1B-2 is for:
          Those at risk of exposure at work in the following sectors:
          *Transportation and Logistics
          *Industrial, commercial, residential and sheltering facilities and services
          *Critical manufacturing

Congregate settings with outbreak risk:
          *Incarcerated
          *Homeless.

RJEL wife says I should do it, but I may wait my real turn.
          You're married now - doesn't that count as incarcerated? Heyyyooooooo.

Comment

"got a note from DoorDash.

apparently I'm classified as an "essential worker" and qualify for California Phase 2-B status.

If this is true I could jump the line on my 50-64 year old category, but it seems like bullshit to me. Transportation and logistics? That's a stretch."

I would have no quarrel with you getting the shot right away - you ARE an essential worker in this economy.

that said, I think you said that your job is completely contact-free?

that would be different than, say, a mover who has to spend time inside a house and presumably have at least some (masked, obviously) interaction with the customer.

still, it's your right to decide. if you have had any significant health issues or if you're even 20 pounds overweight, for example, you might be at more risk than you know.

and the person who gets "your shot" instead is as liable to be a town council's member's mistress's sister as it is the 90-year-old shut-in retired librarian who couldn't figure out how to get in on the first wave.....
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

My daughter is a pharmacy tech working in a hospital. I talked with her last night. She received her second dose last week. In talking with her, and hearing from the pharmacists she works with, the second dose hits you harder than the first one. She said she had some pain in her legs and her arm was much more sore and for a longer period of time. Her pharmacist is recommending that people take Tylenol two hours prior to the shot, two hours after the shot and then again 12 hours after the shot.

Another note from our conversation, apparently the second dose also hits those who have had COVID much harder. She had a friend who had COVID and got her second dose. She spiked a fear and also talked about body aches/pain. She slept for six hours and felt better afterward.

Word from those who have had COVID and received both doses, they say that COVID is much worse, even mild symptoms.

Heye, get your shot. Your eligible and do not feel guilty!
              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                Heye, get your shot. Your eligible and do not feel guilty!
                What he said. We're losing doses of vaccine in my state since people aren't showing up - because they think "someone else needs it more than me".
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

we are still in the cycle before "mine" so not quite yet.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I was expecting him to say "I'll be back....for the second dose."
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Do not throw away your shot!

Seriously, if someone offered it to me, I would take it.

And if I had known that doing Doordash qualified me as essential, I would have started doing it

Comment

I was given an appointment on 2/11 and my wife on 2/17. We are group 1C in NJ.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                          I was given an appointment on 2/11 and my wife on 2/17. We are group 1C in NJ.
                          Just curious, how are you guys being informed when you're up for appointments?
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            I wasn’t notified - I was just told that 1C was open by a friend. Went to a local hospital website and got an appointment. Actually was fairly easy. Whether or not they will have any shots left is another story

Comment

For the older crowd or your parents: my parents sign up at a Drug Mart (Ohio) and got a call about a week later for their shot 2 days later. They got it yesterday everything went smooth and will get a call for their second

Comment

It was confusing for my mom. She had a registration ID or something similar. She was emailed an Event ID and instructed to go to a website to look for appointment availability. She assumed, though, that it was just a rehash of the registration ID so she ignored it. By the time we looked together, there were no more spots open. But then pretty much the same thing happened a couple days later and since she was on alert to look out for it, we got her in the next day. The entire process took place inside the car - didn't even have to step outside to receive the shot. It was pretty neat. Edit: She was also given a date by text for the 2nd shot at that same time.
                                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                                X