Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Good article, thanks. I realize the science is evolving, so we won't know for sure, but this is helpful.
    Cleveland Clinic has one in pre-print - not yet peer-reviewed - that indicates vaccines are of little to no benefit to those who have already had COVID-19. Will be interesting to see if that makes it into a peer-reviewed journal.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Chancellor's cited article is consistent w what I previously had read about likely CV-19 immunity. States may or may not end up recommending and administering booster shots. But what if your state doesnt provide a booster shot but, because of the uncertainty of the longer-term protection that vaccines provide, you want to get one anyway? Will you be able to, even if you offer to pay for it? This is an important question that I havent heard anyone talk about yet.

Comment

• Now this is what a world leader does:

"The Biden administration is purchasing 500 million doses of Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine to donate to the global supply, the White House said Thursday. That will provide enough shots to fully vaccinate 250 million people.

The U.S. is donating 200 million doses this year and 300 million doses in the first half of 2022, the White House said. All of the doses will be distributed through COVAX — the global entity that is working to ensure equitable access to COVID testing and vaccines — and will be given to 92 low- and middle-income countries and the African Union.

President Biden will announce the purchase Thursday in his remarks before the Group of Seven summit in Britain. The White House says the vaccines will begin shipping in August."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Now this is what a world leader does:

"The Biden administration is purchasing 500 million doses of Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine to donate to the global supply, the White House said Thursday. That will provide enough shots to fully vaccinate 250 million people.

The U.S. is donating 200 million doses this year and 300 million doses in the first half of 2022, the White House said. All of the doses will be distributed through COVAX — the global entity that is working to ensure equitable access to COVID testing and vaccines — and will be given to 92 low- and middle-income countries and the African Union.

President Biden will announce the purchase Thursday in his remarks before the Group of Seven summit in Britain. The White House says the vaccines will begin shipping in August."
          https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-v...dministration/
          No way Trump would have done this, cuz America first. Nevermind that helping the world get vaccinated ASAP not only saves lives across the globe, it helps reduce variants from emerging that can cause more outbreaks in the good ol US of A.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            No way Trump would have done this, cuz America first. Nevermind that helping the world get vaccinated ASAP not only saves lives across the globe, it helps reduce variants from emerging that can cause more outbreaks in the good ol US of A.
            Helping lives across the globe would mean potential immigrants coming to the US.

Comment

• In today's senseless COVID news:
              A grocery store cashier in Atlanta was shot to death by a customer after an argument over a mask. A reserve deputy working security at the store fired at the suspect, who returned fire. Both were injured and taken to local hospitals.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• More very fine people

A suspect and a sheriff’s deputy were wounded as they exchanged gunfire in a suburb of Atlanta, the authorities said.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  In today's senseless COVID news:
                  A grocery store cashier in Atlanta was shot to death by a customer after an argument over a mask. A reserve deputy working security at the store fired at the suspect, who returned fire. Both were injured and taken to local hospitals.
                  I mourn for the cashier's loss and feel for her family and lament that this POS murderer did not die in the gun fight. He will now be a drain on our societal resources for who knows how many years. Anyone capable of murdering a stranger over being told to wear a mask could never be let into society again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    I mourn for the cashier's loss and feel for her family and lament that this POS murderer did not die in the gun fight. He will now be a drain on our societal resources for who knows how many years. Anyone capable of murdering a stranger over being told to wear a mask could never be let into society again.
                    He should be executed today. When discussing the death penalty, these are the individuals that I say should be executed ASAP. There is no doubt he killed her in cold blood. So execute him now!
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      He should be executed today. When discussing the death penalty, these are the individuals that I say should be executed ASAP. There is no doubt he killed her in cold blood. So execute him now!
                      I'm glad Hangin' Judge Mith is not running my county.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        I don't know, he might be on to something.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Why? If I were running your Country a lot less innocent people would be murdered .

Do you have a problem with assholes like this gunman being executed? He doesn't deserve to live.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

No doubt.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              No doubt.
                              Cuz there'd be no need for them Lawyers, right? :P

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                I don't know, he might be on to something.
                                I only object to the fact that he'd allow Rush to be played in the courtroom. No one deserves to die with that background; clearly an Eighth Amendment violation.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X