No announcement yet.

2K21 Closer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you paid the freight to get Chapman he is earning every penny.

In our 12 team AL only he was traded for in the off season. His salary was $26B. At the last minute he did not make that owners final roster cut. I was shocked.

He went for $27 in this year's auction...to me!

I then grabbed a $5 Merryweather who just got moved to the 60 day IL.

I have just been approached to see what I want for Chapman. I don't think I can afford to trade him.

Comment

• McGee is out of Kapler's dog house after striking out 3 to get the save Friday night.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        McGee is out of Kapler's dog house after striking out 3 to get the save Friday night.
        Good because I'd like to see him again, his 3Ks after a walk were, well lets say, not as encouraging if you watched them as they are when you read them in the box score.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Crichton gets the save for ARZ, and Soria implodes again. Probably safe to say Crichton's the closer until further notice.

Comment

• "implodes" might be an overbid (allowed a 2-out, 2-run HR in 8th with a 5-0 lead), but Soria wasn't been sharp upon return and clearly Crichton is the man for now. and anyone else here probably not even worth it in a deeper league.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              "implodes" might be an overbid (allowed a 2-out, 2-run HR in 8th with a 5-0 lead), but Soria wasn't been sharp upon return and clearly Crichton is the man for now. and anyone else here probably not even worth it in a deeper league.
              Well, he allowed two other hits and has had two 3-hits allowed innings in his four appearances so far.

What's interesting about Crichton is, according to FanGraphs, he's thrown his four seamer 44.5% of the time this season, up from just 1.4% last season! And he's lost some velocity on it, down 1.5 mph.

Comment

McGee is out of Kapler's dog house after striking out 3 to get the save Friday night.
                scoreless but allowed 2 hits last night for a SV.
                1-2-3 9th today for a SV.

Giants don't want to replace him, so his leash is longer than it is for some others.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Rumors of Jake McGee's demise as closer have been greatly exaggerated. He's gotten 3 saves in 5 days since the Coors Field blowup which is his only blown save in 11 chances.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Rumors of Jake McGee's demise as closer have been greatly exaggerated. He's gotten 3 saves in 5 days since the Coors Field blowup which is his only blown save in 11 chances.
                    I disagree
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Rumors of Jake McGee's demise as closer have been greatly exaggerated. He's gotten 3 saves in 5 days since the Coors Field blowup which is his only blown save in 11 chances.
                      Getting him in 3 leagues in the reserves has been $$$$$$$$$

Comment

• Reds RPs retired all 16 batters they faced vs Pirates today.

1-1 in 5th, 2 on, 2 out, and here comes... Antone! he gets 4 outs.

Doolittle the 7th, Sims the 8th and 9th, so they were saving someone to close this game and - though the Reds got 4 in the top of the 10th so no SV situation the man of the hour is...... Heath Hembree?

I give up on this one - maybe literally. I'll be waiving Doolittle or Givens tomorrow to bring back Soria, who is no prize but he's 4 units not 10, so he gets the spot. Price 3 will soon follow to kill the other one, or Floro.
                        Last edited by Judge Jude; 05-12-2021, 04:46 PM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Michael Fulmer got his 2nd save for the Tigers on Thursday. The former starter could run with the closer job if he gets the opportunity.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Michael Fulmer got his 2nd save for the Tigers on Thursday. The former starter could run with the closer job if he gets the opportunity.
                            As a Fulmer owner I hope so- I could use another closer so I can trade some saves.

Comment

• Bukauskas has not lived up to hopes / expectations.

Comment

• the Reds appeared to save Hembree for the 9th the other day as the new "closer."

today he appeared in the 4th with 2 on and allowed both inherited runners to score to make it an 8-1 deficit.

I "put Doolittle down" yesterday - he pitched the 7th tonight with the Reds down 8-4 - and am so glad I did.

wait until the Reds fire their imbecile manager before fishing in that pond.....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X