2K21 Closer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    after this spit show (thru 7 in LA), not sure the Reds' closer in May is even on the roster yet
    Reds took the lead in extras and didnt bring in a closer. Just let Antone, who throws nothing but curveballs and sliders, finish it. I thought Doolittle was their closer but they didnt bring him in for some reason.

Comment

• and now the Reds have no Antone for 2 or 3 days (he threw more than 50 pitches and seemed gassed).

will be amusing to see when they have their next lead, and Bell says, "go get 'em, fella - we have all the confidence in the world in ya!"

lol

actual quote from mlb.com:

“I went in expecting one inning, threw a second, and then threw a third,” Antone said.

as I have noted of other inept teams - if they don't even know what they're doing, how can we know what they will do?
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

and now the Reds have no Antone for 2 or 3 days (he threw more than 50 pitches and seemed gassed).

will be amusing to see when they have their next lead, and Bell says, "go get 'em, fella - we have all the confidence in the world in ya!"

lol

actual quote from mlb.com:

“I went in expecting one inning, threw a second, and then threw a third,” Antone said.

as I have noted of other inept teams - if they don't even know what they're doing, how can we know what they will do?
        Yes, but we got the win. Now he rests like my real starters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Yes, but we got the win. Now he rests like my real starters.
          Given he expected one inning, I fear this 50 pitch outing could mess him up. I can think of many cases where a non-stretched out reliever threw too many pitches in messed them up for a long time. But the cases I am thinking of involve a lot o pitches in one inning (Gagne threw 38 in an inning and coincidence or not, he was never the same again that season).

Comment

• I was thinking that Antone had thrown several multi inning outings but his last three outings were 1.2, 1.0 and 1.1 before last nights 3.0 inning outing. Antone threw a ton of curves and sliders, hardly any fastballs. But his breaking stuff was pretty phenomenal. It appears the Reds were initially planning for Antone to throw the 8th with Doolittle coming in for the 9th. Doolittle was warming up in the 10th before Antone got the last out in the 10th.
            Sims pitched the 6th and 7th innings so he's probably out the next couple of days.

Comment

• Nothing like spending $5 FAAB on a guy who you hope might close and have him come in during the fourth inning the first day on your roster.

Comment

• Well, crap, he should have gotten the win, but the official scorer did that wrong. That hurts.

Comment

• hints are permitted in Closer threads....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    And Holland is back and pitched the 8th, and Staumont again pitched the 9th and got the save. Changing of the guard?
                    Staumont in for a 4 out save. I’m calling it — he’s the guy!

Comment

hints are permitted in Closer threads....
                      Castro for the Blue Jays. Not sure Mallone got the win.

Comment

• Doolittle the SV Tuesday night, but don't count on him getting the next chance.

I'd give Sims the best odds, albeit on a short leash. Garrett is in some trouble.

Bard on COL, not so good. Givens likely to better "reach" than Estevez but nobody getting started on a bust for Cooperstown for any of the trio.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Staumont in for a 4 out save. I’m calling it — he’s the guy!
                          This Staumont owner curses you for jinxing him!

Comment

• Devenski is back from his sabbatical.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                              Devenski is back from his sabbatical.
                              He hasn't pitched well since 2017. He is worthless unless he gets saves. He was dropped when he went on "sabbatical" and is now available for FAAB next week.

Would any of you take a flier on him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                He hasn't pitched well since 2017. He is worthless unless he gets saves. He was dropped when he went on "sabbatical" and is now available for FAAB next week.

Would any of you take a flier on him?
                                I held him in my NL only for lack of better options. He is first on the chopping block and I also have Bukauskas.

Comment

Working...
                                X