And so it has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Steve Bannon, the white supremacist "alt-right" hobo who was stunningly appointed to this country's National Security Council by the former guy, has been indicted by a federal grand jury after his laughable "executive privilege" attempt at avoiding testifying about his role and knowledge of the 1/6 right wing insurrection and attempted coup. Good luck finding a pardon now, guy.

Edit: You're next, Mark Meadows
    I wish the Senators who gave guided tours and coordinated with the chudsurrectionists were being held to account. There's video of Marjorie Taylor-Greene talking openly about all of it in the few days before Jan 6th... its kind of the Trump play. Don't conceal your crimes, just pretend they aren't crimes and dare someone to charge you. Probably a higher likelihood she's President one day than being charged for her blatant criminality. I wish that were hyperbole, but 1/6 of all Americans now "follow Q".

Fuck I hadn't considered the possibility of MTG as President until just now. It's not a fun thought experiment.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      I wish the Senators who gave guided tours and coordinated with the chudsurrectionists were being held to account. There's video of Marjorie Taylor-Greene talking openly about all of it in the few days before Jan 6th... its kind of the Trump play. Don't conceal your crimes, just pretend they aren't crimes and dare someone to charge you. Probably a higher likelihood she's President one day than being charged for her blatant criminality. I wish that were hyperbole, but 1/6 of all Americans now "follow Q".

Fuck I hadn't considered the possibility of MTG as President until just now. It's not a fun thought experiment.
      I want to ridicule you for suggesting MTG has more than a snowball's chance in hell at being president, as it is as insane as a soup sandwich, but if the former guy proved anything it is that literally any half-wit willing to pander to the LCD in America has a shot at the highest office in the land in the Gerrymandered system we have. MTG doesn't belong in any office, but then, neither did the former guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I want to ridicule you for suggesting MTG has more than a snowball's chance in hell at being president, as it is as insane as a soup sandwich, but if the former guy proved anything it is that literally any half-wit willing to pander to the LCD in America has a shot at the highest office in the land in the Gerrymandered system we have. MTG doesn't belong in any office, but then, neither did the former guy.
        The #1 qualifier to be the Republican nominee is who can piss off the Libs the most. MTG would get the most media coverage in a Republican primary, just like Trump. It's scary to think about, and that's exactly why she has a fair chance to do it some day. She invokes fear.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          The #1 qualifier to be the Republican nominee is who can piss off the Libs the most. MTG would get the most media coverage in a Republican primary, just like Trump. It's scary to think about, and that's exactly why she has a fair chance to do it some day. She invokes fear.
          Don’t worry - I’ll deploy the space laser before she can get too close.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
            Don’t worry - I’ll deploy the space laser before she can get too close.
            You laugh, but a defense system to combat Jewish space laser could be her wall....and the Jewish aliens will pay for it!

Comment

• Just in case you didn't think a coup was underway and supported by the WH:

"In one November 6, 2020, text exchange with a member of Congress, Meadows reportedly said "I love it" in a discussion about the possibility of appointing alternate electors in certain states, and the member acknowledged the plan would be "highly controversial.""

Former Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows is suing the House select committee investigating January 6 and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, asking a federal court to block enforcement of the subpoena the committee issued him as well as the subpoena it issued to Verizon for his phone records, according to the complaint filed Wednesday.

Comment

• And we learn (yet again) that Biden won Wisconsin after yet another conservative group did a report that concluded with the finding that there was no widespread voter fraud. This echoes another conservative report, this one out of Michigan, that concluded with - you guessed it, a finding that there was no widespread voter fraud.

When will Republicans get it through their thick heads? After the next coup attempt, I'm assuming.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Holy crap, Mark Meadows just released a PowerPoint of the plans for the insurrection to the committee. I'll see if I can link the thing. These people are trying to destroy democracy in this country.

Check out page 12 (assuming I can figure out how to share the thing).
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Here's a tweet with a link to the PowerPoint. We are so fucked.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Well, that was disappointing. They didn't even capitalize FORENSIC.

I'm missing why you're concerned. There was a steaming pile of crap about China influence, debunked voting machine issues, and how they'd like recounts to happen. Their options, as summarized in the next to last slide, were all three things VP Pence could have done. Reality is, Pence did none of those things.
                      Obviously, a bigger issue is this powerpoint, which seems written by a 5th grader, was presented by the WH Chief of Staff to the guy that was President. Where the guy that was President could have benefitted greatly from attempting to implement this. Which goes back to everything anyone had against him, which is that he would do things for his own benefit, and not the country's.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Obviously, a bigger issue is this powerpoint, which seems written by a 5th grader, was presented by the WH Chief of Staff to the guy that was President. Where the guy that was President could have benefitted greatly from attempting to implement this. Which goes back to everything anyone had against him, which is that he would do things for his own benefit, and not the country's.
                        Certainly a valid point on a Chief of Staff seeing this as a valid presentation to the President. That was clearly a check that failed, and you may have unfairly maligned 5th graders. But I'd say it proves the robustness of the process. So, some idiot created this, sold a Deputy Chief on it (failure 1), the Deputy Chief sold the Chief on it (failure 2), but it crashed and burned at the VPs desk. So it never even made it out of the Executive branch to Congress or the Judicial Branch for additional challenges.

I may be misunderstanding the concern. I mean, if the concern is the President's Chief of Staff was so stupid that he'd actually present this, have at it. If the concern is that we were somehow perilously close to a coup, then, yeah, I'm pretty much laughing.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Certainly a valid point on a Chief of Staff seeing this as a valid presentation to the President. That was clearly a check that failed, and you may have unfairly maligned 5th graders. But I'd say it proves the robustness of the process. So, some idiot created this, sold a Deputy Chief on it (failure 1), the Deputy Chief sold the Chief on it (failure 2), but it crashed and burned at the VPs desk. So it never even made it out of the Executive branch to Congress or the Judicial Branch for additional challenges.

I may be misunderstanding the concern. I mean, if the concern is the President's Chief of Staff was so stupid that he'd actually present this, have at it. If the concern is that we were somehow perilously close to a coup, then, yeah, I'm pretty much laughing.
                          It's not that they almost succeeded, it's that they're going to try again after removing the blockers that doomed their first attempt. Are you similarly dismissive of this?

The Atlantic covers news, politics, culture, technology, health, and more, through its articles, podcasts, videos, and flagship magazine.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• OK here's the rub.

I think the use of perilously close is a bit hyperbolic.

It was a test run at best, the incompetence in Former Guys WH (to include his own) Plus the lack of cohesiveness within the entire insurrection made it almost impossible to actualize without Pence's cooperation. If Pence had gone along, I think it would have been a different outcome altogether as those seeking to delegitimize the election would have been emboldened and offered up additional resistance.

Let's look at what we know.

Almost 70 million voted for the Former Guy.

50-80% of those still believe Former guy is still the President and that the election was stolen. That's at least 35 million.

50% of Republicans admit to owning guns.

Up to 10% of Americans identify as Far Right Activists/Extremists. Thier membership has risen since 1/6 and they're getting more vitriolic.

Right leaning broadcasts that lionize foreign dictators/dictatorships over democratically elected officials as well as continually airing misinformation and inciteful/violent rhetoric.

US Miliary 40% of the 1.4 million members voted for Trump. Law enforcement (hard to get numbers) has traditionally leaned to the right.

The seeds are there for another attempt to validate and/carry out another insurrection. Better organized, more support, more firepower.

Too many on the Left won't fight back, too many in the middle will want to stay out of it (I'm speaking of independents and Nonvoters)

They can be deterred if the DOJ and 1/6 commission grow some balls and start hammering those involved--I'd personally declare guys like Meadows, Stone and Bannon enemy combatants and throw em in Gitmo while the DOJ sorts it out, but that's just me.

So no, I don't believe we were thisclose to a real Coup, but I DO believe we are headed to a place where--If we're not diligently--we could easily find ourselves in a "Perilous" position come 2024.
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              It's not that they almost succeeded, it's that they're going to try again after removing the blockers that doomed their first attempt. Are you similarly dismissive of this?

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...ection/620843/
                              Unless they win, in which case there was no cheating.

Comment

Working...
                              X