No announcement yet.

And so it has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 GOP reps voted NO today to award those Capitol Police officers who were on duty on 1/6 a Congressional Gold Medal.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      20 GOP reps voted NO today to award those Capitol Police officers who were on duty on 1/6 a Congressional Gold Medal.
      They don't give those to Tour Guides doncha know
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• A federal judge has mandated that every signatory to the Big Lie lawsuit filed in Michigan in the Republican attempt to overturn our election be present at a hearing to determine sanctions on July 6th. Good luck with that, Big Lie lawyers.

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Foe of democracy, Big Lie promoter, and awful person Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-Ga.) refused to shake the hand of a Capitol police officer who was nearly killed by insurrectionist rioters.

Edit: Small aside, one of the insurrectionists who participated in the attack on the Capitol is running for Congress. I guess he's the perfect Republican candidate, sad as that is to say.

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Clyde is the guy who referred to the insurrection as a normal tourist visit. He was later shown participating in barricading the doors of the House chamber during the riot.

Comment

• Fox News is pushing a conspiracy theory that it was actually the FBI who orchestrated the insurrection against our nation. But tell me again how they're just the same as MSNBC or CNN, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                Fox News is pushing a conspiracy theory that it was actually the FBI who orchestrated the insurrection against our nation. But tell me again how they're just the same as MSNBC or CNN, please.
                It is highly unlikely that the FBI had not infiltrated the groups that attacked the Capitol, but yes that is a far cry from orchestrating it.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Fox News is pushing a conspiracy theory that it was actually the FBI who orchestrated the insurrection against our nation. But tell me again how they're just the same as MSNBC or CNN, please.
                  Paging OneJay or Vandalay
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    It is highly unlikely that the FBI had not infiltrated the groups that attacked the Capitol, but yes that is a far cry from orchestrating it.
                    That’s what I saw as well. But that’s off the site, not one of the talking heads.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

It’s always a “false flag operation” with these losers. They’re so arrogant to believe that not one of their kind can break the law.

Comment

• The Justice Department is suing the state of Georgia over its controversial bill altering election practices in the state, top federal officials announced Friday.

Republican state legislators around the country have pushed a host of provisions that would make it more challenging for people to vote — moves that have targeted Democratic-leaning voters and disproportionately impact people of color.

“Our complaint alleges that recent changes to Georgia’s election laws were enacted with the purpose of denying or abridging the right of Black Georgians to vote on account of their race or color, in violation of Section 2 of the Voting Rights Act,” U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland said at a press conference announcing the lawsuit.

Comment

• Gee, whoever could have seen the disastrous effects of the pure-Republican opinion given by SCOTUS in Shelby v. Holder? We are seeing the exact scenarios playing out that were warned of by the liberals and moderates of the Court eight years ago. Conservatives have shown they will do anything, suppress any non-favorable vote, in order to win, democracy be damned.

Comment

Gee, whoever could have seen the disastrous effects of the pure-Republican opinion given by SCOTUS in Shelby v. Holder? We are seeing the exact scenarios playing out that were warned of by the liberals and moderates of the Court eight years ago. Conservatives have shown they will do anything, suppress any non-favorable vote, in order to win, democracy be damned.
                            Yeah, for all the bitching that's gone on in the media (and in this forum) about how progressives were fearmongering about Trump and the GOP in general, so much of it has proved far more prescient than even I expected. I remember various folks here complaining 8-10 years ago here about Dominionists and how the religious right wanted a Sharia-style takeover of the government apparatus to enforce conservative Christian norms on society, and I thought at the time it was way overblown--i.e., it existed but was a small and insignificant minority even among conservative Christians. I have sadly been proven badly wrong in my hope on that front.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• We're headed for the biggest States right vs Federal law showdown since the civil war. With every State pretty much saying FU to the feds with everything from voting rights, to gun laws, to abortion the next several years should prove very interesting indeed. It's also the biggest reason Biden needs to try and expand the court to get the last 2 stolen Justices back where the should have been and that's on the Liberal side of the court that means 4 new Justices.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Former Attorney General Bill Barr said in a new interview with The Atlantic that the Justice Department always knew Trump's claims of election fraud were "bullsh*t."

Comment

Working...
                                X