And so it has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
    They will continue with no consequences as the Republicans sure won't do it and the Dems, lets be serious...Ken Burns is probably already filming his next documentary...Democrats, A Band of Pussies
    Do the Dems have the votes to get it done on their own? Anyone on either side who is against prosecution either is protecting their own in terms of party or protecting their on in terms of lawbreakers who want to continue to be above the law. In the cases of Republicans, I'm betting it is both reasons.

Comment

Ken Burns is probably already filming his next documentary...
      Am not

Comment

Ken Burns
        I thought Ken’s, ahem, medical issue was off limits, even for the hot topics forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Am not
          I disagree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Do the Dems have the votes to get it done on their own? Anyone on either side who is against prosecution either is protecting their own in terms of party or protecting their on in terms of lawbreakers who want to continue to be above the law. In the cases of Republicans, I'm betting it is both reasons.
            It's all about precedent. If Democrats set the precedent that Congress people who plan to overthrow the government go to jail, then the next time the Republicans are in office they'll be throwing Democrats in jail for wearing the wrong suit.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Rep. Adam Kinzinger, an Illinois republican who's on the 1/6 committee and has been a vocal opponent of TFG, has [not surprisingly] decided not to run for re-election.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Rep. Adam Kinzinger, an Illinois republican who's on the 1/6 committee and has been a vocal opponent of TFG, has [not surprisingly] decided not to run for re-election.
                Not surprising at all. With Illinois losing a seat and redistricting, he'd probably be lumped in with another northern Illinois rep who's pretty popular. It'll be interesting to see what he chooses to do - his PAC is hauling in gobs and gobs of money, so if he wants to go after a major political target (like US Senator or Governor), he'll have the cash to do it. Others are speculating that if Trump runs in '24 that Kinzinger will run as an independent, for no other reason than to siphon enough votes away from Trump to assure his defeat. Using the movie WarGames analogy, that would be looking at the choice of games and choosing "Political Thermonuclear War".
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Not surprising at all. With Illinois losing a seat and redistricting, he'd probably be lumped in with another northern Illinois rep who's pretty popular. It'll be interesting to see what he chooses to do - his PAC is hauling in gobs and gobs of money, so if he wants to go after a major political target (like US Senator or Governor), he'll have the cash to do it. Others are speculating that if Trump runs in '24 that Kinzinger will run as an independent, for no other reason than to siphon enough votes away from Trump to assure his defeat. Using the movie WarGames analogy, that would be looking at the choice of games and choosing "Political Thermonuclear War".
                  Good insight. I like Kinzinger, and hope he continues in politics somewhere.

Comment

• My prediction for tonight in Virginia’s Governor race:

If the GOP wins: GLORIOUS VICTORY!

If the Dems win: They cheated!!

Comment

My prediction for tonight in Virginia’s Governor race:

The Republicans have already been crying fraud, to no one's surprise. Dipshit former guy has also chimed in saying there is fraud, too. Fuck these people so hard.

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

My prediction for tonight in Virginia’s Governor race:

And yet, Terry McAuliff has hired Marc Elias as his lead legal person for....a potential election challenge. Elias is a successful lawyer, and election challenges are one of his specialties, but he's also a lawyer who even the NY Times has agreed lied to them more than once vis a vis the Steele dossier. So, yeah, the Dems are being quieter and smarter about it - clearly, Elias won't put together the idiocy that the Trump legal team did - but the glorious victory/they cheated meme is the same for both parties.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Don’t say I didn’t tell you so!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            The Republicans have already been crying fraud, to no one's surprise. Dipshit former guy has also chimed in saying there is fraud, too. Fuck these people so hard.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...llife-1251246/
                            I am not subscribed so I only read the first paragraph. The article stated that Glenn Youngkin has distanced himself from Trump as well as the idea of rigged elections.

I took this from an article from Susan Page:

Youngkin walked a Trump-not-Trump tightrope, reaping the benefit of Trump's endorsement among his core supporters without antagonizing the independent-minded suburban voters who have been repelled by the former president. He increased turnout in rural and conservative areas that Trump carried while faring better than Trump in the northern Virginia suburbs.

I know nothing about the man, but these things seem to be good strategy for him. It seems to have surprisingly got him elected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              I am not subscribed so I only read the first paragraph. The article stated that Glenn Youngkin has distanced himself from Trump as well as the idea of rigged elections.

I took this from an article from Susan Page:

Youngkin walked a Trump-not-Trump tightrope, reaping the benefit of Trump's endorsement among his core supporters without antagonizing the independent-minded suburban voters who have been repelled by the former president. He increased turnout in rural and conservative areas that Trump carried while faring better than Trump in the northern Virginia suburbs.

I know nothing about the man, but these things seem to be good strategy for him. It seems to have surprisingly got him elected.
                              Yes, let's hope the "not batshit crazed conspiracists" Republicans finally overtake the "batshit crazed conspiracist" Republicans.

Comment

• Time to go storm the Virginia capitol, right Democrats? #bothsides
                                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                                X