And so it has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
    You're right. They won't be. Nothing will happen to any of these people, except they will keep getting re-elected by the voters who put them in office to begin with. Except maybe Gosar.
    I fear you're right, but hope you're wrong. We'll see what comes but it seems like there is already enough to prosecute several of these Y'all Qaeda right wing nut jobs based on what we already have. 18 U.S. Code § 2383, at a minimum. 2384 probably, too. Maybe even 2385.

Edit: Language for each:

18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

18 U.S. Code § 2385 - Advocating overthrow of Government
    Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or
    Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or
    Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof—
    Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.
    If two or more persons conspire to commit any offense named in this section, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.
    As used in this section, the terms “organizes” and “organize”, with respect to any society, group, or assembly of persons, include the recruiting of new members, the forming of new units, and the regrouping or expansion of existing clubs, classes, and other units of such society, group, or assembly of persons.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      while 28 bucks for a t-shirt is indeed an atrocity, trying to make money off someone's tragic death is a bit worse. It's just sad that there is apparently a market for this. Who would hear about this and decide to try to make money off it? I guess we know who.
      He probably has a warehouse of shirts with the names of all his enemies, like Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, etc. just waiting for this to happen. That’s how he was able to get them on the market so fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
        He probably has a warehouse of shirts with the names of all his enemies, like Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, etc. just waiting for this to happen. That’s how he was able to get them on the market so fast.
        That must be a mighty big warehouse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          It’s the biggest and best and most beautiful warehouse you have ever seen. People can’t believe this wonderful warehouse. People always tell me it’s the greatest warehouse that has ever been built but you wouldn’t know it by watching your lame stream fake news media.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            I doubt he can count beyond his fingers and toes, so I don't think so.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              I fear you're right, but hope you're wrong. We'll see what comes but it seems like there is already enough to prosecute several of these Y'all Qaeda right wing nut jobs based on what we already have. 18 U.S. Code § 2383, at a minimum. 2384 probably, too. Maybe even 2385.
              Also, as Bob Woodward suggests, former guy and those in the insurrection "war room" could surely be charged with violating 18 U.S. Code, section 371, the general conspiracy statute. "The statute is broad enough in its terms to include any conspiracy for the purpose of impairing, obstructing or defeating the lawful function of any department of government . . . (A)ny conspiracy which is calculated to obstruct or impair its efficiency and destroy the value of its operation and reports as fair, impartial and reasonably accurate, would be to defraud the United States by depriving it of its lawful right and duty of promulgating or diffusing the information so officially acquired in the way and at the time required by law or departmental regulation."
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Also, as Bob Woodward suggests, former guy and those in the insurrection "war room" could surely be charged with violating 18 U.S. Code, section 371, the general conspiracy statute. "The statute is broad enough in its terms to include any conspiracy for the purpose of impairing, obstructing or defeating the lawful function of any department of government . . . (A)ny conspiracy which is calculated to obstruct or impair its efficiency and destroy the value of its operation and reports as fair, impartial and reasonably accurate, would be to defraud the United States by depriving it of its lawful right and duty of promulgating or diffusing the information so officially acquired in the way and at the time required by law or departmental regulation."
                There is approximately a negative kajillion percent chance that at any sitting Congressman or former guy will be arrested or charged. Whether or not they should is obviously another issue, but it ain't happening. Ted Cruz has a greater chance of being President than this happening.

Comment

There is approximately a negative kajillion percent chance that at any sitting Congressman or former guy will be arrested or charged. Whether or not they should is obviously another issue, but it ain't happening. Ted Cruz has a greater chance of being President than this happening.
                  Please show your work to receive full credit
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

. Ted Cruz has a greater chance of being President than this happening.
                    Would he still post here occasionally if he has to run the country ?
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I guess. Foolish me, I hold out hope that the right thing will happen eventually. Of course, after seeing these crooks operate with no consequences for four years should have taught me otherwise.

Comment

I guess. Foolish me, I hold out hope that the right thing will happen eventually. Of course, after seeing these crooks operate with no consequences for four years should have taught me otherwise.
                        75 million people still voted for that maroon (maybe more, haven’t seen the final FORENSIC Cyber Ninja data)- your hope is definitely misplaced.

Comment

Would he still post here occasionally if he has to run the country ?
                          There would be a new cabinet position: the Minister of Cryptic RJ Posting.

Comment

Please show your work to receive full credit
                            Do you want the FORENSIC work or just the rough data?

Comment

Do you want the FORENSIC work or just the rough data?
                              Almost 20 states await the answer to this.

Comment

They will continue with no consequences as the Republicans sure won't do it and the Dems, lets be serious...Ken Burns is probably already filming his next documentary...Democrats, A Band of Pussies

Comment

Working...
                                X