And so it has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    It's not that they almost succeeded, it's that they're going to try again after removing the blockers that doomed their first attempt. Are you similarly dismissive of this?

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...ection/620843/
    Yup. Totally dismissive. Let's assume for a minute the individuals who want to do this are competent enough to assemble a staff to overcome all the checks in the Executive Branch. And, mind you that's a very BIG assumption about competence level since I happen to agree with revo's assessment that what was put together was, at best, a 5th grade effort. Then, they'd have to overcome the challenges from the Legislative Branch. But, let's also assume Biden screws things up so royally that the radical GOP not only takes complete control of the House, they also get a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate. And those running the show from the Executive Branch don't screw everything up with getting all the votes they need. So, while I'll concede the Biden administration is screwing things up badly enough that the House will turn over, I'm highly doubtful the GOP will get a filibuster proof majority in the Senate. But even if that happened, it also means the Executive Branch people don't screw it up.

Again, take a look at that PowerPoint and judge for yourself how likely THAT is.

So, let's assume for the moment, unlikely as it is, that this group gets that far. This then means they'll have to go to court. This would mean this crew needs to find lawyers who can spell, file appeals in the right places, put together a coherent brief, and to argue a case well enough to not get laughed out of court. You'll note, as Bene has accurately called out in prior posts, their lawyers could do NONE of those things first time around. I'm doubtful - in fact, highly doubtful - that they'd do a whole lot better this time. Trump couldn't even put together a competent legal team when he was President; his odds of putting together a much better legal team when he's not President are slim at best.

So, let's say they can put together a legal team that's not a bunch of incompetent fools who pee on themselves and file briefs with more misspellings than a 5th grader. They then need to actually win a case - which, again, as Bene has noted, they have failed to do at almost every level AND then, even if they win a case or two, actually win the appeals that will follow.

So, yeah, I firmly fall on the "it ain't happening" view.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Yup. Totally dismissive. Let's assume for a minute the individuals who want to do this are competent enough to assemble a staff to overcome all the checks in the Executive Branch. And, mind you that's a very BIG assumption about competence level since I happen to agree with revo's assessment that what was put together was, at best, a 5th grade effort. Then, they'd have to overcome the challenges from the Legislative Branch. But, let's also assume Biden screws things up so royally that the radical GOP not only takes complete control of the House, they also get a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate. And those running the show from the Executive Branch don't screw everything up with getting all the votes they need. So, while I'll concede the Biden administration is screwing things up badly enough that the House will turn over, I'm highly doubtful the GOP will get a filibuster proof majority in the Senate. But even if that happened, it also means the Executive Branch people don't screw it up.

Again, take a look at that PowerPoint and judge for yourself how likely THAT is.

So, let's assume for the moment, unlikely as it is, that this group gets that far. This then means they'll have to go to court. This would mean this crew needs to find lawyers who can spell, file appeals in the right places, put together a coherent brief, and to argue a case well enough to not get laughed out of court. You'll note, as Bene has accurately called out in prior posts, their lawyers could do NONE of those things first time around. I'm doubtful - in fact, highly doubtful - that they'd do a whole lot better this time. Trump couldn't even put together a competent legal team when he was President; his odds of putting together a much better legal team when he's not President are slim at best.

So, let's say they can put together a legal team that's not a bunch of incompetent fools who pee on themselves and file briefs with more misspellings than a 5th grader. They then need to actually win a case - which, again, as Bene has noted, they have failed to do at almost every level AND then, even if they win a case or two, actually win the appeals that will follow.

So, yeah, I firmly fall on the "it ain't happening" view.

So you're totally discounting any military or law enforcement intervention on behalf of armed militias?
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        So you're totally discounting any military or law enforcement intervention on behalf of armed militias?
        Totally. Anyone foolish enough to show up armed enough to threaten the Secret Service (which I doubt), but if so, the Secret Service will make a call to their friends at 8th and I, and those clowns heads will be on fence pikes in about 20 minutes.

Comment

• More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Joe Biden was unfairly elected, but oh ho ho, don't you dare say a GOP Senator was unfairly elected:

"Sen. Roger Marshall (R-Kan.) on Sunday baselessly cast doubt on the integrity of the 2020 election, though he insisted that his own victory in Kansas was earned “fair and square.”

Marshall, who was among the 147 Republicans who voted to overturn the 2020 election even after the U.S. Capitol riot on Jan. 6, was asked by MSNBC’s Chuck Todd on “Meet the Press” if he regretted that decision now.

“Look, I’m always going to stand up for election integrity,” Marshall said, adding that he would continue to fight for more “safety valves” and “higher levels of integrity” in U.S. elections.

“Do you believe you were elected fair and square in 2020?” Todd asked.

“You know, absolutely I do. I think Kansas has some of the tightest election laws in the land,” Marshall said.

“And do you believe that Joe Biden was elected fair and square?” Todd added.

You know, Joe Biden was sworn into office. I called him Mr. President since the day he was ... sworn in,” Marshall said, failing to answer the question. “I still remain concerned about election integrity.”

Sen. Roger Marshall of Kansas said he was "concerned about election integrity" in 2020 but not in the race that led to his own win.

Comment

• The Fox News propaganda network's lies about the insurrection have been laid bare. A slew of "news" anchors or whatever they purport to be sent messages of distress during the attempted coup in an attempt to get the former guy to stop the violence. Then, being the lying sacks of crap we all know them to be, they subsequently went on air and blamed Antifa. Luckily no right wingers were stupid enough to fall for that obvious bullshit..........right?

Edit: It took them until just recently to even mention their texts during the insurrection. The just did so in passing and essentially congratulating themselves. They have been headlining some identity politics / culture war nonsense on their website.

Edit 2: After racist ol' Laura Ingraham sent a panicky text to the orange dimwit imploring him to stop the violence and that it would harm his legacy, THAT SAME NIGHT she went on the air blaming antifa for the attacks. Other Fox News liars blamed Jan 6 on a false flag operation and referred to the violent insurrectionists as just tourists.
              Last edited by Bene Futuis; 12-14-2021, 02:06 PM.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                The Fox News propaganda network's lies about the insurrection have been laid bare. A slew of "news" anchors or whatever they purport to be sent messages of distress during the attempted coup in an attempt to get the former guy to stop the violence. Then, being the lying sacks of crap we all know them to be, they subsequently went on air and blamed Antifa. Luckily no right wingers were stupid enough to fall for that obvious bullshit..........right?
                Only 74 million of them.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• It also appears that Mark Meadows, who sure is a central villain to this whole attempted coup, sent messages to the National Guard that they were to "protect pro Trump people" during the insurrection and that many more were available on standby. Meadows was also in direct communications with insurrection organizers while the whole violent act of sedition was carried out.

We all, of course, know about the National Guard's embarrassingly slow response to the coup. I have a guess why.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Just in case you didn't think right wingers were batshit crazy enough, now we have this:

"As states in the South and Midwest pick up the pieces left by a series of deadly and devastating storms Friday night and early Saturday, “Infowars” host Alex Jones is already spinning conspiracy theories to try to blame it on President Joe Biden.

Jones, who recently lost a fourth lawsuit over his lies that the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre was a hoax, told listeners on “The Alex Jones Show” on Monday that the U.S. government developed “weather weapons” in the 1950s.

He cited a talk from former CIA Director John Brennan as supposed evidence of the existence of secret government “geoengineering systems.” In Brennan’s speech, delivered at a 2016 Council on Foreign Relations event, he discussed the geopolitical risks of geoengineering the climate and the costs and benefits of using it as a potential tool against climate change.

“So, they just think you’re stupid and they don’t want you knowing they are doing all of this,” Jones said on his show, claiming these systems would explain “why plants and animals were so much bigger and healthier. But we’ve adapted to live in less air.”

Comment

• Alex's brain is evidence of living in less air, for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Alex's brain is evidence of living in less air, for sure.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Meadows' texts are a treasure trove of treason:

Unknown lawmaker to Meadows: "Here’s an aggressive strategy. Why can’t the states GA, NC, PENN, and other R controlled state houses declare this BS.. and just send their own electors to vote and have it go to SCOTUS"

Unknown text to Meadows: "I heard Jeff Clark is getting put in on Monday. That’s amazing. It will make a lot of patriots happy and I’m personally so proud that you are at the tip of the spear and I can call you a friend"

Adam Schiff read the second text aloud just after Jim Jordan declared Mark Meadows his friend, which may or may not mean anything.

Comment

• The next step in the process, I'm wagering, is the unveiling of the Republican congresspeople complicit in the sedition and insurrection and attempted coup. Buckle up, Jeff Hawley and Ted Cruz and Jim Jordan and Lauren Boebert (who, you'll recall, is a Qanon supporter who tweeted the whereabouts of Nancy Pelosi during the insurrection). Let's hope they all get Article 14, Section 3'd right to hell.

Comment

• Apparently GOP congresspeople were messaging Meadows on an encrypted messaging app during the insurrection, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                                The next step in the process, I'm wagering, is the unveiling of the Republican congresspeople complicit in the sedition and insurrection and attempted coup. Buckle up, Jeff Hawley and Ted Cruz and Jim Jordan and Lauren Boebert (who, you'll recall, is a Qanon supporter who tweeted the whereabouts of Nancy Pelosi during the insurrection). Let's hope they all get Article 14, Section 3'd right to hell.
                                Unfortunately it's the Democrats who would have to hold them accountable...and I sure don't see them doing much of anything. The investigation will probably go on a decade at this pace.

Comment

Working...
                                X