And so it has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Won't it be nice when we get two real good candidates (one from each party) so we do not have to pick the lesser of two evils?
    I don't think the US system is really set up to do this though. And I'm not sure that's a terrible thing. People complain about the 2 party system and want more parties. The way it works in most multi-party systems is you elect a bunch of people, and then they have to work together to form a coalition government. Here it works mostly the same, only we do that work before the election. The Sanders people and more traditional democrats or the facists and the traditional republican party work together to find a compromise candidate and that's their coalition government. Pretty much anyone we get to vote for is a compromise candidate for most people, because governing often should be a compromise.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      the facists and the traditional republican party work together .
      oh my
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        oh my
        okay, my bias might have slipped through a bit there...
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          okay, my bias might have slipped through a bit there...
          no worries, I'd be fine if you called out Manchin and Sinema by name
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

no worries, I'd be fine if you called out Manchin and Sinema by name
            Remember when Manchin and Sinema went by the name Joe Lieberman?

Democrats are getting exactly what they always want. This was always the plan. Elect scapegoats to hide from the responsibility of governing. Pretend that you could never do executive orders like the last POTUS. It's so laughable.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Ok...if your point is that both sides have fears about fair elections, I agree. My point was that one sides fears are not reality based.

We can switch topics to social media and threats to leave the country I suppose
              No sir. My point was both sides have unreasonable fears as well as reasonable fears. These can get exasperated by gossip, name calling, exaggerated to prove a point, etc. This causes a greater divide and harder stances.

Comment

No sir. My point was both sides have unreasonable fears as well as reasonable fears. These can get exasperated by gossip, name calling, exaggerated to prove a point, etc. This causes a greater divide and harder stances.
                What's the left's QAnon equivalent?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  What's the left's QAnon equivalent?
                  The fake news liberal media, amirite?

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                    The fake news liberal media, amirite?
                    I must be missing out on all the fake news parades awaiting JFK Jr's resurrection.

Comment

But this is what the right-wing does. Veer further toward the extreme and then convince independents that the left is doing the same. And with regards to "wokeness" they are correct. But in terms of policy, it's just more lies.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

And this is what the right fear:

It is incredibly disheartening and downright frightening to think that the left in this country has and will continue to go down this dark path toward the destruction of our democracy.

Both parties need to prevent the evil from winning.
                        So how can the Democrats convince the right wing that they are not cheating and stealing elections and destroying democracy ? What do you see as their responsibility ?
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• In right wing nutjob land, hundreds of Former Guy/Q supporters camped out this past weekend in Dealey Plaza in Dallas for THREE DAYS awaiting the reinstatement of Former Guy along with his new VP -- JFK Jr! Yup, the same JFK Jr. who died in a 1999 plane crash and was, errr, quite the Democrat.

Apparently the new Former Guy regime was not going to last very long. He was, according to these looney toons, going to step down and have JFK Jr. become the new president, and then JFK Jr. would declare him King!

When not surprisingly Former Guy and JFK Jr. didn't show, they declared that Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones was actually the embodiment of JFK Jr.!

This is your Republican Party, ladies and gents!

Scores of QAnon believers gathered Tuesday afternoon in downtown Dallas in the hopes that John F. Kennedy Jr. would appear, heralding the reinstatement of...

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            My prediction for tonight in Virginia’s Governor race:

If the GOP wins: GLORIOUS VICTORY!

If the Dems win: They cheated!!
                            I was close!

Virginia Governor's Race: GLORIOUS VICTORY!

New Jersey's Governor Race: They cheated!!!

The GOP -- the Party Who Cried Wolf.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              I was close!

Virginia Governor's Race: GLORIOUS VICTORY!

New Jersey's Governor Race: They cheated!!!

The GOP -- the Party Who Cried Wolf.
                              God, this could not be more on brand for the crybaby Republicans and their election fraud lies:

Newly elected Governor Youngkin's 17 year old son tried twice to illegally vote in the Virginia election. https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ernor-1253837/
                              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Steve Bannon, the white supremacist "alt-right" hobo who was stunningly appointed to this country's National Security Council by the former guy, has been indicted by a federal grand jury after his laughable "executive privilege" attempt at avoiding testifying about his role and knowledge of the 1/6 right wing insurrection and attempted coup. Good luck finding a pardon now, guy.

Edit: You're next, Mark Meadows
                                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                                X