No announcement yet.

And so it has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A recent poll indicated 52% of Trump voters want the red states to secede and form their own red country. I'm assuming the number of voters who think this is a good idea is actually higher, but the ones living in blue states probably didn't vote for this in as high a numbers as their red state counter parts. On the other side, 41% of Biden voters say the same thing, and again, I wonder if the number would be higher if some of those surveyed were not in the opposite state politically.

On both sides, most people think the other side is ruining the country: "The survey shows Republicans and Democrats heavily distrust one another, with 80% or more of respondents from each party saying the opposing side presents "a clear and present danger to American democracy." In addition, 80% or more of survey respondents said they're worried they or someone close to them will experience "personal loss or suffering due to the effects" of the opposing party's policies."

https://www.businessinsider.com/majo...-finds-2021-10

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      A recent poll indicated 52% of Trump voters want the red states to secede and form their own red country. I'm assuming the number of voters who think this is a good idea is actually higher, but the ones living in blue states probably didn't vote for this in as high a numbers as their red state counter parts. On the other side, 41% of Biden voters say the same thing, and again, I wonder if the number would be higher if some of those surveyed were not in the opposite state politically.

On both sides, most people think the other side is ruining the country: "The survey shows Republicans and Democrats heavily distrust one another, with 80% or more of respondents from each party saying the opposing side presents "a clear and present danger to American democracy." In addition, 80% or more of survey respondents said they're worried they or someone close to them will experience "personal loss or suffering due to the effects" of the opposing party's policies."

https://www.businessinsider.com/majo...-finds-2021-10
      They can call it Trumpistan and the orange one could be installed as its first dictator. Who would pay for all of the welfare payments?

Comment

• Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
        Who would pay for all of the welfare payments?
        I'd assume the poor people would make welfare payments to the rich in that new country.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
          I'd assume the poor people would make welfare payments to the rich in that new country.
          Tax cuts for the middle class !
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
            And this would be different from the US.... how exactly?
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Stephanie Grisham, who was the WH Press Secretary in 2019 and 2020, now says she is "terrified" of TFG mounting a 2024 run and "regrets" having served in his regime.

Comment

• Not enough people in the media have done a good enough job articulating just how contradictory support for Trump is to American ideals. At any other time, and ignoring everything else he has done, the Eastman report alone would have shaken the country to its core--we had a sitting president try to overthrow the results of a democratic election, and the smoking gun to show how he tried to do it. And yet all we get is a collective shrug, by and large. It barely made a blip in the news cycle. It isn't a good sign for the future of our democracy that many see in these facts and effective strategy for their party going forward to maintain power in the face of shifting demographics rather than an existential threat to our very system of government.

Comment

Not enough people in the media have done a good enough job articulating just how contradictory support for Trump is to American ideals. At any other time, and ignoring everything else he has done, the Eastman report alone would have shaken the country to its core--we had a sitting president try to overthrow the results of a democratic election, and the smoking gun to show how he tried to do it. And yet all we get is a collective shrug, by and large. It barely made a blip in the news cycle. It isn't a good sign for the future of our democracy that many see in these facts and effective strategy for their party going forward to maintain power in the face of shifting demographics rather than an existential threat to our very system of government.
                  But he was only trying to right a grave injustice. Democracy had already been circumvented by the libtards and he was fighting for truth, justice and the American way. He's the hero doing heroic things in the face of pedophiles and slavers.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    But he was only trying to right a grave injustice. Democracy had already been circumvented by the libtards and he was fighting for truth, justice and the American way. He's the hero doing heroic things in the face of pedophiles and slavers.
                    and repealing Obamacare and replacing it with something better. And building a wall and forcing Mexico to pay for it
                    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      But he was only trying to right a grave injustice, as proven FORENSICALLY by some ninjas.
                      Fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Stephanie Grisham, who was the WH Press Secretary in 2019 and 2020, now says she is "terrified" of TFG mounting a 2024 run and "regrets" having served in his regime.
                        LOL...and we're gonna believe someone who lied for a living for 20 months or so? The only regret she's got is she's not making enough coin after leaving and she needs to pimp herself to increase her fame and clicks.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Not enough people in the media have done a good enough job articulating just how contradictory support for Trump is to American ideals. At any other time, and ignoring everything else he has done, the Eastman report alone would have shaken the country to its core--we had a sitting president try to overthrow the results of a democratic election, and the smoking gun to show how he tried to do it. And yet all we get is a collective shrug, by and large. It barely made a blip in the news cycle. It isn't a good sign for the future of our democracy that many see in these facts and effective strategy for their party going forward to maintain power in the face of shifting demographics rather than an existential threat to our very system of government.
                          maybe democracy - in its truest form - isn't core to those American ideals. Maybe it's more about individualism.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            LOL...and we're gonna believe someone who lied for a living for 20 months or so? The only regret she's got is she's not making enough coin after leaving and she needs to pimp herself to increase her fame and clicks.
                            Yeah exactly. Plus, if she hated the guy, why work for him? Why speak out only after the fact? Show some courage, quit and then speak out. Too easy now for them to point fingers and say it was sour grapes.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Yeah exactly. Plus, if she hated the guy, why work for him? Why speak out only after the fact? Show some courage, quit and then speak out. Too easy now for them to point fingers and say it was sour grapes.
                              All true, but it is still telling that so many of his former cronies have come out after the fact to denounce him. It does not speak well to their character, but taken as a whole, I still think it is damning to Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                Seems like a common theme among people hired by TFG. For someone who hired only the best people, he was really, historically bad at hiring people.

Comment

Working...
                                X