• Show
Clear All

Browns-Steelers rematch next week - but Big Ben will play this time
    Bills host Colts
    Ravens visit Titans

Saints meet Bears
    Seahawks host Rams
    Bucs visit Football Team - Chase Young chasing Tom Brady? ruh roh
    Last edited by Judge Jude; 01-03-2021, 11:37 PM.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I think that's all up-to-date - what a day!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

plan your next weekend accordingly

all times ET

Saturday
        Colts at Bills, 1 pm
        Rams at Seahawks, 4:30
        Buccaneers at NFC Least, 8 pm

Sunday
        Ravens at Titans, 1 pm
        Bears at Saints, 4:30 pm
        Browns at Steelers, 8 pm

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Adam Gase mercifully canned.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            But, he won 2 of his last 3 games.

eta: Maybe the Jags will hire him.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Jets fans would prefer if you remove one "n" from the last word in that sentence.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

headline, while the Jets were sleeping:

"Falcons to interview OC Bieniemy, DC Saleh on Monday"

meanwhile Chargers "won" their last 4 games
                Anthony Lynn makes Adam Gase look like Bill Belichick
                but LAC management is just dumb enough - maybe - to waste another season on him

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

The Giants season ends in ignominious fashion with the Eagles going with Nate Sudfeld in the 4th, down just 3 points. Horrible.

Comment

if the Giants won today to get to 10-6, and they needed an 8-7 Eagles team to knock off a 9-6 Football Team but they subbed in a tomato can at QB down the stretch - they would have every right to be pissed.

but the mewling by some of their players and fans on social media throwing a pity party is just hilarious.

did the Eagles cover themselves in glory tonight? no.

but a 5-10 team barely edging out a 6-9 team, then demanding that a 4-10-1 team bust its hump to beat a 6-9 team - wow, talk about not having even a shred of self-respect. "sure, we would have had the worst record of any team in the history of pro football to make the playoffs - but YOU OWE US!"

here comes the whaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance around the corner.

you know what they say - once you lose that 10th game, it's out of your hands, lol

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Ah come on. How many other teams that were out of it rested their healthy players today?

To use a JJ line....”I’ll wait.”

Comment

in cards, sometimes it's "jacks or better to open."

in the NFL it's "8 wins or better" - and arguably 9.

6-10 teams bitching about..... anything?

it's - well, frankly, it's an embarrassment that they have so little self-awareness.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

The Giants season ends in ignominious fashion with the Eagles going with Nate Sudfeld in the 4th, down just 3 points. Horrible.
                          That was some NBA-level high quality tanking by the Eagles. I'm pretty sure that moved them into a top ten draft pick this year, and there's no doubt they need the help. I'm only disappointed since it did blow my prediction made at game 4 that a 6-win team would win the NFL Least.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Ah come on. How many other teams that were out of it rested their healthy players today?

To use a JJ line....”I’ll wait.”
                            Well, the Jags started Glennon over Minshew. And the Steelers rested everyone. As a Dolphins fan, I should be angry because the Jags or the Steelers winning could have put the Fins in the playoffs. And the Bengals....wait, that’s the Bengals actual roster??? They didn’t rest anyone? Yikes. I’m kinda with JJ here. Just don’t go 6-10, just be 7-9 and you don’t have to worry about it.

Logan Ryan commented that the Giants just should have played better.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                              Well, the Jags started Glennon over Minshew. And the Steelers rested everyone. As a Dolphins fan, I should be angry because the Jags or the Steelers winning could have put the Fins in the playoffs. And the Bengals....wait, that’s the Bengals actual roster??? They didn’t rest anyone? Yikes. I’m kinda with JJ here. Just don’t go 6-10, just be 7-9 and you don’t have to worry about it.

Logan Ryan commented that the Giants just should have played better.
                              The Steelers made the playoffs, they were not “out of it.” They rested starters so they wouldn’t get hurt for the playoffs, a very common practice.

The Jags had started Glennon in 3 games already.

According to Pederson, they brought in Sudfeld because “he had been here 4 years and wanted to get him some snaps.”

And since when has regular season wins mattered as far as post-season effectiveness? You can ask the 2007 Giants for more on that, or even the 2010 Seahawks, who also happened to knock off the defending champion Saints despite entering the postseason at 7-9.

Comment

The Steelers made the playoffs, they were not “out of it.” They rested starters so they wouldn’t get hurt for the playoffs, a very common practice.

The Jags had started Glennon in 3 games already.

According to Pederson, they brought in Sudfeld because “he had been here 4 years and wanted to get him some snaps.”

And since when has regular season wins mattered as far as post-season effectiveness? You can ask the 2007 Giants for more on that, or even the 2010 Seahawks, who also happened to knock off the defending champion Saints despite entering the postseason at 7-9.
                                What if Hurts suffered a Wentz-like knee injury in the 4th quarter of a meaningless game? And that hurt the long-term future of the Eagles? How stupid would that have looked? Don't the Eagles want to get a better draft pick? Same reason I don't begrudge college players sitting out bowl games after you see what happened to the University of Miami QB. Or Jake Butt for Michigan a few years ago.

You can play the what if game all you want. Also, Hurts had the two rushing TDs but was 7-20 for 72 yards and a pick. It's not like they were benching Mahomes here. In fact, they were losing when he went out of the game. Maybe this was an opportunity to get a guy who busts his ass in practice some time in an actual NFL game that he would never otherwise have. I am reasonably certain that if the Giants brought in their third string QB with the Eagles playoffs on the line, Giants fans (at least the ones I am friends with) would be laughing uproariously at the Eagles missing the playoffs.

And I'm not saying that 6-10 means they would get rolled in the playoffs, I'm saying if you want to make the playoffs, don't be 6-10 and have to rely on your primary rival to do you a favor. Just be better than 6-10 and you don't have to worry about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X