Week 17 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 17 help

So, I have one league victory in the bag and in the finals in my second league. It's a two-week final, and I'm 7 points down. Full PPR. QB, 2 RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, D, K

Question 1 - Justin Herbert or Jalen Hurts? Since KC will rest key players, and Philly/Washington could be a really close game, I'm leaning toward Hurts.

Question 2 - Pick 2 RBs from Jacobs, MSanders, AGibson, CAkers, and DSwift

Flex - Any of above RBs or Amari Cooper, JCrowder, CBeasley

Thanks!
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Answer: stop playing in leagues that use week 17 finals.

Comment

I think I would go Herbert.

Slight lean to Jacobs, Sanders and Cooper. I think I’d avoid Akers with no Goff and Swift with possibly no Stafford. I think I read Beasley is likely to be out.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
        Answer: stop playing in leagues that use week 17 finals.
        Under normal circumstances, I'd agree with you. But one of our owners is a microbrewer, so the beer is awesome. There's some compromises in life you just have to accept.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Question 1 - Justin Herbert or Jalen Hurts? Since KC will rest key players, and Philly/Washington could be a really close game, I'm leaning toward Hurts.
          Hurts. Allen is probably out, and who knows if Henry will be back. Philly will play all its starters.

Question 2 - Pick 2 RBs from Jacobs, MSanders, AGibson, CAkers, and DSwift
          Gibson is a must start of this group, as he's on the only team playing for a playoff spot. I'd decide between Jacobs and Sanders, leaning towards Jacobs. Swift is too hit or miss, and Stafford may not play. Akers is likely out.

Flex - Any of above RBs or Amari Cooper, JCrowder, CBeasley
          Cooper, as Dallas is also in it. Beasley is likely out and forget about Crowder.

Comment

Revo - at flex, would you go Cooper over Sanders?

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              That's a close call, but with Hurts around, Sanders has been neutralized. I'd go with Cooper.

Comment

Hurts
                Gibson, Jacobs
                Cooper
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I'd probably go with Hebert, he's going to be on a mission to shatter the rookie records. Philly really has nothing to play for, and the Washington D is pretty damn good.

RB's I'd probably go with Jacobs and Gibson.

Flex I's say Cooper.

And I play in a week 17 championship as well...product of 33 years together. Don't like it but I wouldn't quit this league for any other.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    I'd probably go with Hebert, he's going to be on a mission to shatter the rookie records. Philly really has nothing to play for, and the Washington D is pretty damn good.

RB's I'd probably go with Jacobs and Gibson.

Flex I's say Cooper.

And I play in a week 17 championship as well...product of 33 years together. Don't like it but I wouldn't quit this league for any other.
                    Hurts has everything to play for!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Hurts has everything to play for!
                      Take out that 81 yarder and he had a very mediocre day...yes I know you can't remove those stats, but you get the point.

I like Herbert because he's VERY good, and he's playing against a defense filled with backups.

FWIW, one site I use project Hurts for 20.5 and Herbert for 20.2. Can't get much closer than that. We'll leave it up to Chance.

Who do you like between Trubisky and Josh Allen? I know the obvious, but I feat that Allen might play a half or less...Buffalo doesn't seem to care about the seeding.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        Take out that 81 yarder and he had a very mediocre day...yes I know you can't remove those stats, but you get the point.

I like Herbert because he's VERY good, and he's playing against a defense filled with backups.

FWIW, one site I use project Hurts for 20.5 and Herbert for 20.2. Can't get much closer than that. We'll leave it up to Chance.

Who do you like between Trubisky and Josh Allen? I know the obvious, but I feat that Allen might play a half or less...Buffalo doesn't seem to care about the seeding.
                        Well, I thought they would not have Allen play the full game vs. NE, and boy that was wrong, lol.

I would wait for any reports to see what's going on, but yeah, Trubisky might be the safer play.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Miles Sanders is likely out.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Miles Sanders is likely out.
                            That makes the choice easy!

Comment

check the Eagles' injury list, including WR.

they probably should just list those who WILL play - seems like a shorter list.
                              Last edited by Judge Jude; 01-04-2021, 01:38 PM.
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                              X