Official Week 16 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Week 16 Thread

Congrats to all those playing in their league title games!

Raheem Mostert done for the year
    Cam Akers too
    CEH also

Josh Gordon's comeback with the Seahawks just went up in ...smoke?

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Josh Gordon failed the terms of his conditional reinstatement.

Gordon was reinstated earlier this month and was set to rejoin the Seahawks for the stretch run. That won't happen now. Gordon has reportedly suffered a setback with substance abuse, and he can no longer practice or play in games indefinitely. If Gordon did in fact have a substance abuse setback and not something more minor within the terms of his conditional reinstatement, then his days in the NFL are likely done. Gordon last played in Week 15 of 2019.
    Last edited by madducks; 12-23-2020, 02:58 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

PLAYOFFS?

AFC
      2 xy-BILLS 11-3, 7 DOLPHINS 9-5
      3 x-STEELERS 11-3, 5 BROWNS 10-4 (Ravens 9-5)
      4 TITANS 10-4, 6 COLTS 10-4
      1 xy-CHIEFS 13-1

NFC
      4 TEAM 6-8 (Giants 5-9, Cowboys 5-9)
      1 xy-PACKERS 11-3 (Bears 7-7)
      2 xy-SAINTS 10-4, 5 x-BUCCANEERS 10-5
      3 x-SEAHAWKS 10-4, 6 RAMS 9-5, 7 CARDINALS 8-6

x-clinched playoffs
      y-clinched division

REMAINING WEEK 16 playoff scenarios
      PIT clinches AFC North w W, or CLE L
      CLE clinches playoffs w W AND BAL L, OR W AND MIA L, OR W AND IND L
      TEN clinches AFC South w W AND IND L
      TEN clinches playoffs w W, OR MIA L, OR BAL L
      IND clinches playoffs w W AND BAL L, OR W AND MIA L
      KCC clinches No. 1 seed and bye with W, OR BUF L, OR PIT L

WFT clinches NFC East w AND NYG L
      GBP clinches No. 1 seed and bye with W AND SEA L
      SEA clinches NFC West w W
      LAR clinches playoffs w W, OR CHI L, OR ARI W
      ARI clinches playoffs w W AND CHI L
      Last edited by Judge Jude; 12-26-2020, 02:18 PM.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

We Browns fans want to see a Browns win and a Steelers lost this week( even tho a Steelers win puts the Browns in the playoffs) to set up a last week game for the division!!!!!

Comment

Has there ever been more of a lock than the Bears/Jags game this weekend?

Chicago has to win to stay in the playoff race. Jags have to lose to get that #1 pick. The line is only 7.5. If you were the Jags owner would you want a game that close?

I don't play, but if I did I would be all over that Bears -7.5. Probably at 5 times my normal average bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

Chicago has to win to stay in the playoff race. Jags have to lose to get that #1 pick. The line is only 7.5. If you were the Jags owner would you want a game that close?

I don't play, but if I did I would be all over that Bears -7.5. Probably at 5 times my normal average bet.
            Glad you didn't post this last week for the Rams/Jets game! !

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Glad you didn't post this last week for the Rams/Jets game! !
              I disagree
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                I disagree
                -. --- / -.-- --- ..- / -.. --- -. .----. - / -.-- --- ..- / - -.-- .--. . -.. / .. - / .. -. / - .... . / ..-. .. .-. ... - / .--. .-.. .- -.-. .

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

JAX is the home team. it's not a cardinal sin betting on CHI because it's not a 'home underdog against divisional rival'.

but there are plenty of intangible warning signs. CHI just came off a win vs a divisional rival on the road. JAX just came off a road loss and is playing their last home game. and management can't tell a team to lose for a draft pick. it doesn't work that way. players have pride and they will try to win and play hard.

i'd be more inclined on betting on JAX for the win. I don't see the Bears covering the spread.

there are laws when betting on football.

1) never bet against a home team.
                  2) never bet against a home underdog playing a divisional rival.
                  3) never bet against a team playing at home coming off a loss on the road vs a team coming off a win on the road.
                  4) never bet on a team that has been 2 or 3 consecutive weeks on the road.
                  5) never bet on your favorite team or let being a homer influence your bet.

I don't see CHI covering.

these are lessons I learned the hard way a long time ago. there are more rules, I can't remember.

Comment

the best story of betting I ever saw was in 1986. some guys correctly bet every week on one team, letting it ride every time. I forget the details. they made it all the way to week 16 and they lost when MIA beat CHI for CHI only loss that year.

Comment

I've forgotten more about betting on football than most people will ever learn.

Comment

including that the first rule of betting on football is to eliminate the word 'never'

don't bet the team, bet the number

your general instincts are good, but 'never' has ruined many a gambler

always there are other factors to navigate
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I was more perplexed with Gregg saying he doesn't play, but if he did he would be all over 5 times his normal average bet.

Comment

Two teams in the championship with tough lineup decisions.

Team 1 (PPR)
                            WR3: Chark vs. CHI or T. Higgins @HOU
                            2 flex spots: 2 of whichever of Chark/Higgins is not WR3, Zeke vs. PHI, Gaskin @LVR or Ito Smith @KC.

Team 2 (0.5 PPR)
                            RB2/flex: 2 of L. Bell vs. ATL, D. Henderson @SEA, Gaskin @LVR or Ito Smith @KC.
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Chargers place TE Hunter Henry on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X