2K21 Dynasty League Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K21 Dynasty League Keepers

My league mates and I started a dynasty league this year (not a great to start up a league like this but oh well) and I have no idea how to value my players. It's a 15 team mixed auction league with 5x5 categories: OPS, HR, RBI, R, SB x ERA, WHIP, W, SV, K. We draft 40 players in two separate auctions. The active 25 man rosters, 14 hitters and 11 pitchers, is one auction with a $270 budget. The reserve auction is for 15 players (hitters or pitchers) and has a $45 budget. We can keep 15 players and their salary increases by $5 each year if you keep them. Players with rookie eligibility (our league just uses 130 AB and 50 IP to determine this) only increase by $3. These players can be kept as a reserve player and come off the $45 budget. Here is my roster, I' adjusted the salaries to what they will cost in 2021:

Name Sal
    Travis D'Arnaud $6
    Tyler Stephenson $5
    Freddie Freeman $48
    Luke Voit $10
    C.J. Cron $6
    Marwin Gonzalez $6
    Alec Bohm $6
    Isiah Kiner-Falefa $6
    J.D. Davis $6
    Luis Urias $9
    Jonathan Schoop $6
    J.P. Crawford $7
    Tim Anderson $22
    Andrelton Simmons $6
    Christian Yelich $61
    Ender Inciarte $6
    Hunter Renfroe $7
    Jurickson Profar $14
    Kole Calhoun $6
    Ronald Acuna $56
    Franmil Reyes $20
    Austin Slater $6
    Adrian Morejon $6
    Andrew Miller $26
    Aroldis Chapman $25
    Brandon Workman $20
    Charlie Morton $24
    Chris Paddack $29
    Jacob DeGrom $49
    Jose Leclerc $6
    Josh Hader $30
    Madison Bumgarner $23
    Mitch Keller $13
    Rafael Dolis $20
    Sean Doolittle $6
    Tanner Houck $5
    Trevor Rosenthal $6
    Walker Buehler $46
    Zac Gallen $17
    Zack Greinke $32

I am really at a loss aside from some obvious players like Bohm and Voit. Other hitters that I think are keepers are: d'Arnaud, Freeman, Davis, Anderson, Acuna, Calhoun, Reyes. For pitchers Gallen is obvious and then maybe Buehler? I like Keller too? Then I have three potential closers for $1 with Rosenthal, Doolittle and Leclerc. But are they worth it for $6?

My feeling is that there will be a lot of inflation and the expensive guys will go for even more money so someone like Acuna at $56 will end up being a good price. Hard to know. What do you guys think? I've never done a league like this before.
    Last edited by BuckyBuckner; 12-22-2020, 11:05 AM.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Hitting Stars I'd keep - Freeman and Acuna. I'd risk tossing Yelich back since he was so turrble last year.
    Mid-Priced Keepers - Anderson and FReyes. Reyes bites a little since he's only DH eligible, but I don't see a good reason to toss him back at that price.
    Low-Cost Keepers - D'Arnaud, Voit, JD Davis, Bohm, Calhoun, Schoop

Pitchers - DeGrom, Morton, Gallen. The difference between Buehler and Greinke is $14; I guess I'd keep Greinke for that cost difference if you want a fourth front-line SP.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Hitting Stars I'd keep - Freeman and Acuna. I'd risk tossing Yelich back since he was so turrble last year.
      Mid-Priced Keepers - Anderson and FReyes. Reyes bites a little since he's only DH eligible, but I don't see a good reason to toss him back at that price.

Pitchers - DeGrom, Morton, Gallen. The difference between Buehler and Greinke is $14; I guess I'd keep Greinke for that cost difference if you want a fourth front-line SP.
      Agree with this. It would have been helpful to just post their 2021 salaries.

I also like Kiner-Falefa who might qualify at SS and should hit for a good average and steal some bags, as well as Paddack.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Tanner Houck is a nice dynasty piece.

Tim Anderson is more valuable with BA, probably doesn't make the cut with OPS.

Comment

Sorry for being that guy but "dynasty league" basically means you can keep your whole team. This is a typical keeper league.

In a Dynasty league you'd never consider cutting Walker Buehler.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Sorry for being that guy but "dynasty league" basically means you can keep your whole team. This is a typical keeper league.

In a Dynasty league you'd never consider cutting Walker Buehler.
            I agree...ish.

The Dynasty part seems to be that you can keep players forever with $5 yearly salary increases. I am not sure why they limit the teams to 15 keepers.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              I agree...ish.

The Dynasty part seems to be that you can keep players forever with $5 yearly salary increases. I am not sure why they limit the teams to 15 keepers.
              That's still not Dynasty.... Dynasty means you can keep your whole team forever (with some caveats - some leagues have rule 5 drafts for instance).

Even $5 increases suggest that eventually you'd have a player go past the salary cap.

Dynasty decisions are often very different than keeper decisions. That's why I bring it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                That's still not Dynasty.... Dynasty means you can keep your whole team forever (with some caveats - some leagues have rule 5 drafts for instance).

Even $5 increases suggest that eventually you'd have a player go past the salary cap.

Dynasty decisions are often very different than keeper decisions. That's why I bring it up.
                This is true. It's more of a dynasty hybrid. We limited the number of keepers to make sure the auction is still a significant part of the season. It's modeled after this league: http://www.fantasyxperts.com/

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                  Tanner Houck is a nice dynasty piece.

Tim Anderson is more valuable with BA, probably doesn't make the cut with OPS.
                  Good call on Houck. He would only be a $3 increase so a salary of $5 next year.

You could be right on Anderson but he's a damn good hitter, 10 HR in 200 ABs last year with 5 SB. Not sure I see him as a 30 HR / 15 SB guy but 25 HR? I Like that for $22.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    Agree with this. It would have been helpful to just post their 2021 salaries.

I also like Kiner-Falefa who might qualify at SS and should hit for a good average and steal some bags, as well as Paddack.
                    I like IKF but he's really just an AVG guy with some steals and we don't count AVG. He was great when I could put him at catcher but I'm not sure $6 for him now at 3B to start the year makes the cut, especially with the other corner players I have. I'm sure I can trade him to someone though.

I'll adjust the salaries to reflect 2021.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                      This is true. It's more of a dynasty hybrid. We limited the number of keepers to make sure the auction is still a significant part of the season. It's modeled after this league: http://www.fantasyxperts.com/
                      Makes sense. It's extremely close to a keeper league. I guess if you buy a player young for cheap you might be able to keep him 5 or 6 years instead of just 3 (plus a potential raise), but otherwise it follows keeper decisions very, very closely.

For all intents and purposes I'd just call the league a standard keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post

Hadn't really thought about Morton but in Atlanta that could be nice. I guess deGrom makes sense over Buehler, I just see Walker as someone who will continue to get better but deGrom is already what he will become. I see Greinke continuing to get worse. I don't see him being worth it for $32.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I like IKF but he's really just an AVG guy with some steals and we don't count AVG. He was great when I could put him at catcher but I'm not sure $6 for him now at 3B to start the year makes the cut, especially with the other corner players I have. I'm sure I can trade him to someone though.
                          That's fair.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

You could be right on Anderson but he's a damn good hitter, 10 HR in 200 ABs last year with 5 SB. Not sure I see him as a 30 HR / 15 SB guy but 25 HR? I Like that for $22.
                            Yup, that's where I am - he was 20 HR/26 SB in 2018 in a full season and 18 HR/17 SB in 2019 when he missed about 30 games with a high ankle sprain. And he's in prime years.

I forgot about the lower increase for Houck, good catch by harmon.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Are people thinking Mitch Keller isn't a keeper?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                              X