No announcement yet.

2K21 Dynasty League Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an offer of my TAnderson $22 for May $6 and SHoward $4. Howard can be kept in the reserve part of the auction. What do you guys think? Bauer signing might mean May doesn't have a spot in the rotation. Still trying to get cheaper and make sure I have plenty of pitching. Just not convinced about this one.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

LA staff is going to be strange...May could be long relief or 4th starter. I think it all depends on what happens in ST. If he's learned how to get swing and misses with his great stuff, he's a #3 starter, if he's still learning, they'll spot him in. I don't think that Howard helps you much this year...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Dodgers' rotation was never going to generate huge IP numbers for anyone and both of Urias and May were looking at mixed roles even before the Bauer trade. I still think it's Urias who ends up getting shorted the most in this rotation, although perhaps not right off the bat.
        Howard is an enigma - still love the stuff but concerning comments recently about his conditioning and plus he has injury concerns. Great wild card prospect to trade for but I don't know that this trade is a great one for you right now. Depends on how much you believe in Tim Anderson, I suppose. He's certainly looking at some BABIP regression but has nice 5 category skills.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm leaning towards passing. I made the offer before the Bauer signing. He countered with other offers and I decided to hang on to Anderson and he came back to say he'd do my original offer if I still wanted to. I'm not thinking having the shortstop is more important.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Our keepers are due Friday, I made a bunch of trades, and here is what I'm looking at keeping

d'Arnaud $6
            Voit $10
            Cron $6
            Bohm $6
            Gregorious $11
            Anderson $22
            Calhoun $6
            Darvish $24
            Woodruff $27
            Gallen $17
            Plesac $11
            Rosenthal $6
            Leclerc $6
            ____
            Pearson $5
            Manning $5

Other options are:

Kiner-Falefa $6
            Renfroe $7
            Houck $5

I still have Morton and Greinke but no one has asked about them and I've made them available.

I think my worst keeper is Lecler and I'm looking to trade him and the extras for a better final keeper.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              Our keepers are due Friday, I made a bunch of trades, and here is what I'm looking at keeping

d'Arnaud $6
              Voit $10
              Cron $6
              Bohm $6
              Gregorious $11
              Anderson $22
              Calhoun $6
              Darvish $24
              Woodruff $27
              Gallen $17
              Plesac $11
              Rosenthal $6
              Leclerc $6
              ____
              Pearson $5
              Manning $5

Other options are:

Kiner-Falefa $6
              Renfroe $7
              Houck $5

I still have Morton and Greinke but no one has asked about them and I've made them available.

I think my worst keeper is Lecler and I'm looking to trade him and the extras for a better final keeper.
              Depending on eligibility and league size/# of catchers, IKF may be a better keeper than LeClerc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Depending on eligibility and league size/# of catchers, IKF may be a better keeper than LeClerc.
                IKF played 46 games at 3B, 16 games at SS in 2020. No more catcher eligibility.

I don't think IKF is a good mixed league keeper, personally. I'd stick with Leclerc, who will get the 1st shot to close (and some rope) due to his lengthy contract.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  IKF played 46 games at 3B, 16 games at SS in 2020. No more catcher eligibility.

I don't think IKF is a good mixed league keeper, personally. I'd stick with Leclerc, who will get the 1st shot to close (and some rope) due to his lengthy contract.
                  Yeah I know what he played, some formats still have him at catcher - there's a whole thread on that.

Comment

Yeah I know what he played, some formats still have him at catcher - there's a whole thread on that.
                    I didn't realize any formats were doing that. Silly, but okay.

In a mixed league, even with 2 catchers where he would qualify as one, IKF holds little appeal.

Career line of . 260/.319/.351 shows nothing to get excited about. Decent contact rates will float him a decent BA, but I would project .260/45/8/45/8... hitting low in a bad lineup, pitchers park, counting stats will suffer, like last year's 10 RBI in 200+ PA... in 234 games played, he's got 18 SB and 10 CS... that's negative value. Last year 8/13 also not good enough to justify continued green lights. Hence my projection of 8 for a full season. He also has Tejeda ready to supplant him into a super sub. Red flags everywhere. Maybe slap hitters do better with the new deadball, but I don't think that's a reason to target slap hitters. Not in mixed leagues at least, a 5 HR full season can really hurt.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I didn't realize any formats were doing that. Silly, but okay.

In a mixed league, even with 2 catchers where he would qualify as one, IKF holds little appeal.

Career line of . 260/.319/.351 shows nothing to get excited about. Decent contact rates will float him a decent BA, but I would project .260/45/8/45/8... hitting low in a bad lineup, pitchers park, counting stats will suffer, like last year's 10 RBI in 200+ PA... in 234 games played, he's got 18 SB and 10 CS... that's negative value. Last year 8/13 also not good enough to justify continued green lights. Hence my projection of 8 for a full season. He also has Tejeda ready to supplant him into a super sub. Red flags everywhere. Maybe slap hitters do better with the new deadball, but I don't think that's a reason to target slap hitters. Not in mixed leagues at least, a 5 HR full season can really hurt.
                      You overestimate the replacement level catcher in a 2C league. The stat line you referenced is quite a bit above replacement. His projections are around 8-10 HR, 12-15 SB, .260, 60/50. He's not great by any means but compared to Caratini, Zunino, Trevino, Narvaez, your replacement guys, those SBs are nice. It's worth $8-$10 in a 15 team mixed with 2 catchers.

Comment

You overestimate the replacement level catcher in a 2C league. The stat line you referenced is quite a bit above replacement. His projections are around 8-10 HR, 12-15 SB, .260, 60/50. He's not great by any means but compared to Caratini, Zunino, Trevino, Narvaez, your replacement guys, those SBs are nice. It's worth $8-$10 in a 15 team mixed with 2 catchers.
                        Let's examine the HR. How do you project 8-10, when he has 8 career HR in 846 PA over 2.5 seasons? With the deadened baseball, I would think he's just as likely to hit 5 HR as he is 10.

Examine the SB. Again, he could steal the 12-15 you're hoping for, but I don't see it given his success rates. I mean, most teams put the red or yellow light on after a player shows a 65% success rate through their first 3 seasons without improvement, but maybe the rebuilding Rangers don't care about efficiency. I dunno.

I even prefer some backups to IKF. Jeffers and Varsho, off the top of my head. I rank IKF near the bottom 30 catchers. The small SB ceiling is limited by shitty team and lineup spot and ball park, and poor SB efficiency, and the 5-8 HR creates a deficit in a mixed league.

But I honestly haven't looked too closely at his sprint speed or batting metrics or anything, just kinda eyeballing. He looks like a David Fletcher-lite-lite if he's 3B/SS.

Comment

Let's examine the HR. How do you project 8-10, when he has 8 career HR in 846 PA over 2.5 seasons? With the deadened baseball, I would think he's just as likely to hit 5 HR as he is 10.

Examine the SB. Again, he could steal the 12-15 you're hoping for, but I don't see it given his success rates. I mean, most teams put the red or yellow light on after a player shows a 65% success rate through their first 3 seasons without improvement, but maybe the rebuilding Rangers don't care about efficiency. I dunno.
                          You may have misunderstood. I was referencing his projections, not my own analysis. Steamer, zips, atc, etc.

As far as how/why, catchers tend to develop later at the plate. In 2020 he was a different hitter so quoting his career stats doesn’t really move the needle.

I even prefer some backups to IKF. Jeffers and Varsho, off the top of my head. I rank IKF near the bottom 30 catchers. The small SB ceiling is limited by shitty team and lineup spot and ball park, and poor SB efficiency, and the 5-8 HR creates a deficit in a mixed league.

But I honestly haven't looked too closely at his sprint speed or batting metrics or anything, just kinda eyeballing. He looks like a David Fletcher-lite-lite if he's 3B/SS.
                          Understood I was providing the objective reasons why he is a $8-$10 catcher and goes many rounds before LeClerc in drafts where he is a catcher. Subjectively you can certainly prefer others!

Comment

IKF is not catcher eligible in this league.

This morning I traded Leclerc and Houck for Varsho $4 who is catcher and rookie eligible. I should be able to find a low end closer for cheap in the draft.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                              IKF is not catcher eligible in this league.

This morning I traded Leclerc and Houck for Varsho $4 who is catcher and rookie eligible. I should be able to find a low end closer for cheap in the draft.
                              Nice, I love Varsho at $4 for this format. A bit of a playing time risk if his bat struggles, but I would take that risk.

Varsho is a lot like IKF, except he has a lot more thump in the profile, better SB track record for both volume and success rate, similar plate discipline, more upside, more cache around the name. I love Varsho's specific situation because he's set to catch 30-50 games as a backup while also likely to see 100+ games in CF (and presumably other OF spots if he can handle CF). If he hits well, he could become a nice keeper.

I own Varsho in 2 of 4 possible leagues so perhaps my personal interest is slightly influencing my opinion here, but I've loved Varsho for years.

Comment

Nice, I love Varsho at $4 for this format. A bit of a playing time risk if his bat struggles, but I would take that risk.

Varsho is a lot like IKF, except he has a lot more thump in the profile, better SB track record for both volume and success rate, similar plate discipline, more upside, more cache around the name. I love Varsho's specific situation because he's set to catch 30-50 games as a backup while also likely to see 100+ games in CF (and presumably other OF spots if he can handle CF). If he hits well, he could become a nice keeper.

I own Varsho in 2 of 4 possible leagues so perhaps my personal interest is slightly influencing my opinion here, but I've loved Varsho for years.
                                Agree with Teenwolf here, especially with the confidence that another low-end closer is a pretty easy find. I'm not quite as optimistic on the games played as a base case, but his upside his very good.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X