President Joseph Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    The problem with that - although not an incorrect opinion -- is that it's been proven when the sitting president gets a serious primary challenger, his party loses the election. It's undefeated, actually:

1952 - Truman vs Kefauver -- Kefauver wins NH, Truman drops out, Ike wins the job
    1968 - Eugene McCarthy & RFK primary LBJ, who wins NH but by a small margin and then drops out. Nixon wins
    1976 - Reagan takes Ford the distance. Carter wins
    1980 - Edward Kennedy beats Carter in a number of big states. Carter loses to Reagan
    1992 - Pat Buchanan made it a race vs Bush Sr, opening up for Perot in the general. Clinton beats them both

I would think the Dems are smart enough to know this, and so it would make sense to convince j.biden to declare he's out, or throw their full support behind him.

BTW, I thoroughly enjoyed political science pre-TFG. Now instead of analyzing why candidates win or lose, it just boils down to either the GOP 'rightfully' wins or "the Dems cheated".
    The election, even though by a substantial minority of millions, of the dimwitted charlatan sexual predator former guy has undone a lot of what folks thought about American voters, to the world's (and most of our country's, too) great chagrin.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I would be willing to wager that he's not the Dem nominee in '24. I don't believe any Dem will primary him, but I would guess he finds a way not to run.
      Edit: Meh, I think you're probably right lol.

Edit 2: Too bad Elizabeth Warren will be so old then, too. Best candidate in my lifetime.

Edit 3: If it ain't Biden, I bet it will be someone we aren't yet considering, similar to the unexpected rises of Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Warren is seven years younger than Biden and also younger than Trump (and the same age as HRC), and women age better and live longer than men, so I don't see age being the primary reason she won't be a contender.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Warren is seven years younger than Biden and also younger than Trump (and the same age as HRC), and women age better and live longer than men, so I don't see age being the primary reason she won't be a contender.
          All of them are too old. Plus, in three years, Warren will be three years older. I should have been a math major.

Comment

The problem with that - although not an incorrect opinion -- is that it's been proven when the sitting president gets a serious primary challenger, his party loses the election. It's undefeated, actually:

1952 - Truman vs Kefauver -- Kefauver wins NH, Truman drops out, Ike wins the job
            1968 - Eugene McCarthy & RFK primary LBJ, who wins NH but by a small margin and then drops out. Nixon wins
            1976 - Reagan takes Ford the distance. Carter wins
            1980 - Edward Kennedy beats Carter in a number of big states. Carter loses to Reagan
            1992 - Pat Buchanan made it a race vs Bush Sr, opening up for Perot in the general. Clinton beats them both

I would think the Dems are smart enough to know this, and so it would make sense to convince j.biden to declare he's out, or throw their full support behind him.

BTW, I thoroughly enjoyed political science pre-TFG. Now instead of analyzing why candidates win or lose, it just boils down to either the GOP 'rightfully' wins or "the Dems cheated".
            Meh, just because it’s never happened before doesn’t mean it can’t happen. We never had a reality show dumb piece of shit as president before 2016, but that happened too.

Comment

• Still don't think there's any chance he makes it through his entire term.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                Meh, just because it’s never happened before doesn’t mean it can’t happen. We never had a reality show dumb piece of shit as president before 2016, but that happened too.
                To be fair, we have had dumb pieces of shit before, but I think it’s fair to say TFG was unprecedented and one of a kind.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                  To be fair, we have had dumb pieces of shit before, but I think it’s fair to say TFG was unprecedented and one of a kind.
                  He was the best at being the worst. Always hard to compare horribleness across eras, but he takes the cake in my lifetime so far and I sure hope I don't have to see someone top him in the being the worst department.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    He was the best at being the worst. Always hard to compare horribleness across eras, but he takes the cake in my lifetime so far and I sure hope I don't have to see someone top him in the being the worst department.
                    And I love it when GOPers say Biden is terrible and TFG so much better. Now, Biden has had a rough go of it, and if you want to criticize his policies, have at it. But TFG was the most unprepared, incompetent, self-centered, traitorous POS who placed himself over his country, and his reaction to covid makes that a fact, not an opinion.

Comment

• President Biden visited Pittsburgh today to talk about infrastructure. So, guess what happens just hours before his visit to the city of bridges?

A bridge collapsed Friday morning in Pittsburgh’s Frick Park, causing five vehicles and a Port Authority of Allegheny County bus to crash down into a ravine. Ten people suffered minor injuries, including four people who were hospitalized. Some of the people hurt were first responders who slipped and fell.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Yeah, i think we may need that infrastructure bill.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• ISIS leader Abu Ibrahim al-Hashimi al-Qurayshi was killed in a "successful" U.S. Special Operations counterterrorism mission in northwest Syria Thursday, President Biden and the Pentagon have confirmed.

Pentagon press secretary John Kirby said there were no U.S. casualties. Al-Qurayshi detonated a large amount of explosives during the raid, killing himself, his wife and some of his children, according to U.S. officials.

"Thanks to the bravery of our troops this horrible terrorist leader is no more," Biden said. "Our forces carried out the operation with their signature preparation and precision and I directed the Department of Defense to take every precaution possible to minimize civilian casualties."

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The January jobs report, which was expected to be quite dismal thanks to omicron, actually proved to be one of the high points of his administration, with 467,000 jobs being added after only 150,000 were expected. And of course, silence from the "jobs" party.

Comment

The January jobs report, which was expected to be quite dismal thanks to omicron, actually proved to be one of the high points of his administration, with 467,000 jobs being added after only 150,000 were expected. And of course, silence from the "jobs" party.
                              There certainly wasn't silence just before the release of the January jobs report - the seditionist propagandists at Fox were absolutely giddy about thinking that the jobs report would be awful. Every single chyron leading up to the report was "jobs dismal" "Biden hates jobs" "too bad storming the Capitol isn't considered a real job" and things of that nature.

Comment

Working...
                              X