Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: President Joseph Biden

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    It sticking everywhere I've looked. Why do these companies want to pay for commercial real estate when they can just choose *not* to now? I've talked to numerous colleagues whose small to medium sized businesses have downsized their officespace.
    I've seen many do the same. However, I certainly didn't expect trend setters like Apple and Google to do what they did, with Apple being the most strident.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by umjewman View Post
    The NYC office for my firm just moved to a smaller space. I am WFH permanently (or at least for the foreseeable future), as I do not have an office or a desk at the new place (although I'm reasonably certain I still work there). Once courts reopen and we start having depositions in person, I will have to go to that, but I will come home to do non-appearance work.
    You're going to join a Zoom meeting one of these days and see your entire firm hanging out, partying at the office and think to yourself, "Oh, shit! Maybe it's just me!"

But yeah, the entire legal profession has pretty much gone remote. It's awesome. I hope we never go back to in-person requirements for the stupid procedural hearings and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    I've seen many do the same. However, I certainly didn't expect trend setters like Apple and Google to do what they did, with Apple being the most strident.
    Google is having 20% of its staff move to permanent WFH.

Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    Inflation is my biggest worry, by far. The industrial metals markets - steel, structural steel, stainless, copper, and aluminum - have exploded. Domestic shipping costs have jumped 30% in a year; overseas container shipping is at a fever pitch. Lumber and building products are up staggering sums. I still use a labor index an old friend of mine created for P&G called SWAT - Steelworkers, Welders, Assembly Workers, Truckers - and it's hog wild right now. Amazon has increased starting wages to $17-20/hour, depending on location.

The investment company angle is another that has me concerned about inflation. Locally, we're seeing these companies buy up properties at 10-20% over market.
    Lumber futures are down 40% since May 10. I hope you bought puts!

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Lumber futures are down 40% since May 10. I hope you bought puts!
    I’m not that bold, though I may be contacting you soon for more education on options.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Champ, the Biden's 13 year-old German Shepard, passed away today. RIP.

That may explain the two biting incidents earlier this year at the White House if he was sick and irritable.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Biden agreed to the bipartisan Senate commitee's agreement on an infrastructure deal.

#ThanksJoe
    #PromiseKeeper