No announcement yet.

Official Week 7 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I chalked up last week to the Pats having lost so many practices before the game.

the 49ers are missing I think 8 defensive starters - and Cam looked like a college sophomore. most mystifying result of the day
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Random Week 7 thoughts:

- The NFC East is indescribably bad. If they didn't play each other twice, my projection of 6 wins taking the division would be a game or two too high.
      - Todd Gurley's getting grief for making a TD. Once again, in Atlanta, the problem wasn't Gurley - the problem was poor coaching and play calling.
      - As I mentioned earlier, Stafford can still really, really throw a football.
      - While everyone is raving about Baker Mayfield's play - and I get it - I'm still more impressed with Joe Burrow. The offensive line is criminally bad, there's no run game, AJ Green is a distant shadow of his former self, and Burrow is performing incredibly well as a rookie.
      - It took the Bills a half to wake up, as I think they read too much press about how bad the Jets were. Then in the second half, they went out and proved how bad the Jets really are.
      - Didn't get to see any of Carolina/NO or Pitt/Tenn.
      - Joe Bostic needs to get a two-game unpaid vacation at a minimum.
      - Packer fans are laughing deliriously at Mike McCarthy's coaching in Dallas.
      - OTOH, Packer fans getting all crazy about how great we are is pretty nuts, too. The Texans are one seriously messed up bad football team right now.
      - It may not be on video, but somewhere in the 49er/Patriots game, JimmyG shot Belichick the bird. I just know it.
      - Bad as I feel for T. Taylor, he does not make half the throws Herbert did in that game.
      - Due to byes, I had Cam Newton and D. Freeman going in one of my FFL leagues. I may still win since I had Tyler Lockett going in the same game.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Mike Herndon
        @MikeMiracles
        The #Titans are comfortably the worst in this category, but it does feel odd that there are 7 NFL defenses (TEN, CAR, BUF, NOR, DAL, NYG, LVR) that are currently on pace to break the previous record for worst 3rd down conversion rate since the stat started being tracked in 1991.
        9:31 AM · Oct 26, 2020

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

DK Metcalf may have had a bad offensive game, but his takedown of Budda Baker after a 90-yard run to catch him, was the defensive play of the year. To paraphrase the great Chic Anderson calling Secretariat's 1973 Belmont Stakes, "he was moving like a tremendous machine!"

Comment

Odell Beckham has a torn ACL and will miss the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              DK Metcalf may have had a bad offensive game, but his takedown of Budda Baker after a 90-yard run to catch him, was the defensive play of the year. To paraphrase the great Chic Anderson calling Secretariat's 1973 Belmont Stakes, "he was moving like a tremendous machine!"
              No kidding - it's not like Baker wasn't hauling - Baker was over 21 MPH at one point.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Random Week 7 thoughts:

- The NFC East is indescribably bad. If they didn't play each other twice, my projection of 6 wins taking the division would be a game or two too high.
                - Todd Gurley's getting grief for making a TD. Once again, in Atlanta, the problem wasn't Gurley - the problem was poor coaching and play calling.
                - As I mentioned earlier, Stafford can still really, really throw a football.
                - While everyone is raving about Baker Mayfield's play - and I get it - I'm still more impressed with Joe Burrow. The offensive line is criminally bad, there's no run game, AJ Green is a distant shadow of his former self, and Burrow is performing incredibly well as a rookie.
                - It took the Bills a half to wake up, as I think they read too much press about how bad the Jets were. Then in the second half, they went out and proved how bad the Jets really are.
                - Didn't get to see any of Carolina/NO or Pitt/Tenn.
                - Joe Bostic needs to get a two-game unpaid vacation at a minimum.
                - Packer fans are laughing deliriously at Mike McCarthy's coaching in Dallas.
                - OTOH, Packer fans getting all crazy about how great we are is pretty nuts, too. The Texans are one seriously messed up bad football team right now.
                - It may not be on video, but somewhere in the 49er/Patriots game, JimmyG shot Belichick the bird. I just know it.
                - Bad as I feel for T. Taylor, he does not make half the throws Herbert did in that game.
                - Due to byes, I had Cam Newton and D. Freeman going in one of my FFL leagues. I may still win since I had Tyler Lockett going in the same game.
                I agree. Earlier this season i dropped Mayfield for Burrow as my backup QB.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Both Drake and Carson are expected to miss a few weeks.

Comment

lolz Cowboys

Clarence Hill Jr
                    @clarencehilljr
                    ·
                    28m
                    Conference call with Cowboys defensive coordinator Mike Nolan has been put on hold because he had Tabasco sauce on his finger and it got in his eye. Can't make this stuff up.. damn

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                    X