Official Week 5 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Week 5 Thread

Sam Darnold looks like he will be held out of this week's game.

Cue up the Cards D to crush Joe Flacco this week...
    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Kyle Allen replaces Haskins at Football Team QB - a significant improvement

also

"With positive COVID tests a major issue across the NFL, Ron Rivera revealed that Washington has a backup plan in place the virus strikes the team's quarterback room.

"We have four of them and one of them fortunately has the antibodies so that kind of helps us a little bit," the coach said. "We try to keep him away from everybody else as much as possible and let them go about their business."

The team's four quarterbacks are Dwayne Haskins, Kyle Allen, Alex Smith and practice squader Steven Montez."

when is the NFL trading deadline - and will antibodied players fetch a premium in deals?
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Patriots shutdown CB Stephon Gilmore tests positive.

Two more Titans positive.

If I was a wagering man, I would say neither the NE-DEN or the TEN-BUF game is played this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          Patriots shutdown CB Stephon Gilmore tests positive.

Two more Titans positive.

If I was a wagering man, I would say neither the NE-DEN or the TEN-BUF game is played this week.
          Can Tennessee really postpone another game isn’t this why they have such a big taxi squad. They made NE play without their QB make Tennessee put 22 players out there or forfeit.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            when is the NFL trading deadline - and will antibodied players fetch a premium in deals?
            Can't imagine it would considering reinfection is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
              Can Tennessee really postpone another game isn’t this why they have such a big taxi squad. They made NE play without their QB make Tennessee put 22 players out there or forfeit.
              I don't think that's the issue. If there are continued positives that means someone in the game could be positive and spread it during the game. They don't postpone/cancel the game because a team is missing a player, they do it to prevent further infections.

Comment

I'm more cynical than Ken on this one. My suspicion is the NFL will not allow for a forfeit due to COVID as that will allow the TV contractors to renegotiate - or even cancel - their contracts.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  I don't think that's the issue. If there are continued positives that means someone in the game could be positive and spread it during the game. They don't postpone/cancel the game because a team is missing a player, they do it to prevent further infections.
                  l was listening to a football show today and they said there has been no spread in games ( from 1 team to the next) so that is why they said quarantine The positive players - test leading up and game day and play the game With all their non positive players - otherwise this will turn into a hot mess of a season.

Comment

I think another postponement is possible more so because their facility is closed and they can’t practice.

Comment

l was listening to a football show today and they said there has been no spread in games ( from 1 team to the next) so that is why they said quarantine The positive players - test leading up and game day and play the game With all their non positive players - otherwise this will turn into a hot mess of a season.
                      When has a positive COVID player played in a game? There is no spread because they dont let them play if there are active infections going on.

Comment

When has a positive COVID player played in a game? There is no spread because they dont let them play if there are active infections going on.
                        Presumably Gilmore was infected when he played.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Presumably Gilmore was infected when he played.
                          Fair point, we do have a single sample. Of note though, I don't know if that is a valid data size to determine that it won't spread in games.

Comment

That is why test every day ( for Tenn) if Positive they are out like Cam otherwise they field a team and play . If they don’t have the practice time in that is there penalty for being a stupid organization.

Comment

And the worst kept secret in the NFL finally comes out: Justin Herbert will remain the Chargers' QB for the remainder of the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X