No announcement yet.

Official Week 5 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but will they still have the same head coach for the remainder of the season?

it's amazing how may Godawful NFL coaches there are
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      but will they still have the same head coach for the remainder of the season?

it's amazing how may Godawful NFL coaches there are
      Interesting. I'd not consider Lynn a top-10 coach, but I'd put him somewhere between 10-20; certainly not awful. Why do you consider him such a bad coach?
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Pats-Broncos moved to Monday
        Bills-Titans moved to Tuesday

Comment

well, for starters, he has no clue of the value of second half timeouts and he has no idea how to manage the clock.

the Chargers have lost countless games under his watch for just those reasons.

last year their 12 losses were by (points): 3, 7, 7, 7, 3, 2, 7, 3, 14, 7, 3, 7
          wins by 5, 3, 6, 16

3-11 in one-score games, and I have Red Zone so I see the look of confusion on his face in 4th quarters regularly

he spit the bit late in the Chiefs game a couple of weeks ago, too. kicked a 23-yard FG with 2 minutes left to take a 20-17 lead because he's too scared to go for a TD. Chiefs FG with 3 seconds left, more LAC nonsense in OT, and Chiefs kick winning FG with 2 minutes left in OT.

this year the Bengals shat themselves at the end to lose to LAC by 3
          since then, Chargers losses by 3, 5, 7

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Fair enough, good review. I'll agree he's not perfect, but I think he gets more out of his talent than the majority of coaches in the league. He's not alone with clock management issues. I don't think he's a great coach, but I don't think he sucks either.

Thanks for the review. One of many reasons I like this board is a good answer to a challenge.

Edit to add, and wholly unrelated: Fox Thursday Night Football is using all Van Halen songs on their lead-ins and breaks. Pretty cool.
            Last edited by chancellor; 10-08-2020, 08:03 PM.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

yeah, I can buy the idea of him as staying on with the right key assistants.

the thing that amazed me about Doug Pederson in Philly is that it seemed like he started out the same way, but someone convinced him that he even though he didn't understand timeouts, clock management, 4th down decisions, etc (another Lynn weakness), he bought in on the game plan.

that is one of life's greatest lessons - you gotta know what you know, and know what you don't know.

it doesn't always translate into a Super Bowl title, but Pederson deserved it.

meanwhile, Tom Brady has an early "senior moment" down 19-17 near midfield in the final minute with no timeouts.

he appeared to have forgotten spiking the ball on 1st down, so he ran a particularly weird play on 4th and 7 - then gestured to the refs that he still had a 4th down play.

NARRATOR: He did not.

an incredible series of officiating errors all night, almost all benefiting the Bears (and noticed by the TV crew), may mean that Nick Foles has re-upped with Beelzebub on another one-year deal.

that is the simplest explanation that I have.
              Last edited by Judge Jude; 10-08-2020, 10:37 PM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

The NY Jets have a player test positive for COVID and sent all players home. This week's game vs the Cards is now in question.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  The NY Jets have a player test positive for COVID and sent all players home. This week's game vs the Cards is now in question.
                  Apparently false positive

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                    Apparently false positive
                    As are all their pre-season hopes.

Comment

Jets activate RB Le'Veon Bell (hamstrings) from injured reserve.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Broncos TE Noah Fant (ankle) is out.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports a Chiefs' strength and conditioning coach has tested positive for COVID-19. Keep an eye on Raiders@Chiefs Sunday.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Titans announced that they are shutting down their facility again after getting another positive COVID-19 test back Sunday morning.

The Titans already postponed their Week 4 match versus Pittsburgh to Week 7 and moved their date with the Bills from Sunday to Tuesday. This new result puts that Tuesday game in jeopardy as well. If the Titans can return a clean slate of tests through Tuesday the game may still be played but they've struggled to contain the outbreak to this point. Fantasy managers should swap out all Titans and Bills players until further notice. (source: ESPN's Turron Davenport/Rotoworld)

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Patriots' Week 5 game against the Broncos has been postponed to an undetermined date.

Both teams will count Week 5 as their bye week. New England had another positive COVID-19 test come back Sunday morning. The Patriots have had four positive tests returned in eight days including one from Cam Newton and another from Stephon Gilmore. The positive test came in a day before New England was slated to play. That shortened timetable presented too much risk for the game to be played. The NFL will have to shuffle the schedule to get New England versus Denver back on the docket later in the year. Fantasy managers can remove all Broncos and Patriots from their lineups.
                              (Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter)

― Albert Einstein

Comment

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Broncos-Patriots game that was previously postponed is being moved to Week 6 on Sunday.

The game was initially moved to Monday of this week but another positive test nixed that plan. The Patriots had a Week 6 bye so the postponement simply flips their schedule for this week and next week. The NFL had to get more creative with the Bronco's situation. Denver will now face Miami in Week 11 instead of Week 6 and the Chargers in Week 8. Miami's bye is now Week 6. This now leaves the Chargers with two games scheduled for Week 8. The NFL is working on a plan for moving that game around as well.

Isn't this fun?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X