Shit Show 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shit Show 2020

I wasn't expecting anything different from this debate. Trump is a dick and Biden is easily rattled.

Joe looks like he is having a stroke and Trump is making me wish He (Trump) WOULD have one just to shut him the fuck up.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    I wasn't expecting anything different from this debate. Trump is a dick and Biden is easily rattled.

Joe looks like he is having a stroke and Trump is making me wish He (Trump) WOULD have one just to shut him the fuck up.
    I hope there are more debates so all the undecided voters can figure things out, lol
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      I hope there are more debates so all the undecided voters can figure things out, lol
      The next moderator needs a taser.....
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

You're watching? Without drinking? A lot?
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          The next moderator needs a taser.....
          I have this vision of you hard wiring this to a switch after shooting Trump with it and walking out ala Liam Neeson in Taken.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            I have this vision of you hard wiring this to a switch after shooting Trump with it and walking out ala Liam Neeson in Taken.
            In my dreams--now it's over and I am NOW going to drink

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I didn't last five minutes.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Will you denounce white supremacy?......Yes, Proud Boys--Stand Back and Stand By.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Did anyone catch that Trump called Biden SHIT? Biden said #1 something some thing and then said #2 and as he was talking trump said--You're #2......

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    I didn't last five minutes.
                    I came here to hear from you all how it went
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      I came here to hear from you all how it went
                      It was embarrassing for both. nothing changed any pre conception.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I felt like Arnold in Kindergarten Cop..........SHUUUUUUT UUUUUUUUUUP!!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I'm going to go with one of my standby jokes:

I watched the whole thing. It was one of the worst experiences of my life...and I've had cancer.

Comment

What happened was straight forward. 2 participants agreed to a debate, with conditions, guidelines, 2 minutes uninterupted per side. Then debate happened, and trump constantly spoke over biden, and moderator, whenever anything vaguely critical of him was said. Biden after the 15 minute mark did as well to a much lesser degree when trump uttered a particularly unseemly lie. I cannot imagine how this could have helped trump in any sense, as the plan from get go was to lie about participating in a structured debate and rather shout over any mention of anything that conflicts with trumps false, but fully invested fabrication of reality.

This was a singular embarrassment for our country. Another first, as this was a presidential debate unlike any other. There were moments when biden stopped engaging with trump, and addressed the camera directly, that tried to drive us back to center, to normalcy, to talking about the need to be president for all regardless of political spectrum. But as Biden was constantly chasing down lies, and being shouted over, this was more obscene characterization of a debate than a debate.

Simple question, would you accept results of election, Biden gave clear answer. when trump was asked to denounce hate groups, tells his base, white supremacists, proud boys, stand back, and stand by. Bizarre more than a dog whistle, this was more readying of militia, to take to bloody action, when question was regarding accepting results of election. Again and again, trumps strategy is to take trust away, for his base, of the vote. He was not debating tonight, he was prepping his base.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                              What happened was straight forward. 2 participants agreed to a debate, with conditions, guidelines, 2 minutes uninterupted per side. Then debate happened, and trump constantly spoke over biden, and moderator, whenever anything vaguely critical of him was said. Biden after the 15 minute mark did as well to a much lesser degree when trump uttered a particularly unseemly lie. I cannot imagine how this could have helped trump in any sense, as the plan from get go was to lie about participating in a structured debate and rather shout over any mention of anything that conflicts with trumps false, but fully invested fabrication of reality.

This was a singular embarrassment for our country. Another first, as this was a presidential debate unlike any other. There were moments when biden stopped engaging with trump, and addressed the camera directly, that tried to drive us back to center, to normalcy, to talking about the need to be president for all regardless of political spectrum. But as Biden was constantly chasing down lies, and being shouted over, this was more obscene characterization of a debate than a debate.

Simple question, would you accept results of election, Biden gave clear answer. when trump was asked to denounce hate groups, tells his base, white supremacists, proud boys, stand back, and stand by. Bizarre more than a dog whistle, this was more readying of militia, to take to bloody action, when question was regarding accepting results of election. Again and again, trumps strategy is to take trust away, for his base, of the vote. He was not debating tonight, he was prepping his base.
                              I think you are right here. Trump must know he did not win over a single centrist independent with that unseemly farce he just made of this "debate," but right at the end, if it wasn't clear by then, it became clear what he was doing. He was reaching for his base, not the middle, not for new votes, He was letting them know to support him no matter what, and he blatantly denied the call for calm while counting votes and of acceptance of the outcome, unless the outcome is his victory. He flat out warned that if he was not reelected it would not end well. It was a threat.

Once again, I am left feeling like William Shatner shouting about gremlins on the plane and people around him just not seeing them, calling him mad, while he is wheeled away past claw marks on the engines. Trump is that gremlin tearing away at our country. And his supporters simply fail to see what he is doing, how he is using them to stay in power, and the unprecedented risk he represents to our democracy. This man would do anything and everything he can to stay in power, including calls for violence in his name to dispute a legitimate result, if we let him. I continue to hold the belief that he won't be allowed, that openly for some and privately for most, they know they have ridden this trainwreck to a whole lot of judicial appointments and it is time to get off, that if he makes a play to maintain power when it is clear he has lost, the the Republican establishment will turn on him. But I still fear violence in his name from the poor fools with their jackboots ready to stomp eager to engage the enemy.

Comment

Working...
                              X