Ruth Bader Ginsburg Died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post

I'm guessing Biden has multiple dementia moments but it only moves Trump 1 or 2 points closer which puts him 5 or 6 back in a race he needs to lose by no more than 2 to have a shot.
    This is fascinating to me. I think you may be the only fellow on the right on these forums that believes the validity of the polls. I'm curious why you believe they are accurate after they failed to predict the 2016 winner. As someone anxious about them, I gotta say, it is nice to see someone who doesn't want Biden to win believe in the validity of the polls showing that he will.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      More than any election in my lifetime, the idea that a debate would sway voters is incomprehensible to me, but that is likely because I am once again overestimating some voters. My assumption is that everyone knows who these people are and what they stand for by now, but I don't know why I am assuming that when I'm seeing many folks on the right that seem convinced Biden is a Marxist and represents an end to freedom. But those folks will not be swayed by the debates any more than those of us who believe Trump is a wannabe autocrat that represents an existential threat to our democracy will be swayed. Maybe there are voters who still don't know what these candidates stand for, but I'd be surprised if many voters that ill-informed are going to watch these debates.
      I think a lot of voters will want to see Biden prove that he is still mentally and physically able to do the job. Not everyone is like us who will vote for any inanimate object over the other candidate.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        This is fascinating to me. I think you may be the only fellow on the right on these forums that believes the validity of the polls. I'm curious why you believe they are accurate after they failed to predict the 2016 winner. As someone anxious about them, I gotta say, it is nice to see someone who doesn't want Biden to win believe in the validity of the polls showing that he will.
        uh, how many on the right are here? 2? 3? And I only show up every 3 or 4 months.

If I dont believe the polls, what data can I look at? 7 points is a lot of room for error, there's no way they are 5 points off. They could be 2 points off, maybe. So I'm hoping for a few things to happen, in order of most to least likely: bad Biden debate, another stimulus bill passed, vaccine. Just give me the first 2 and I think Trump is 2 to 3 points closer which is getting closer to a competitive race.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I think a lot of voters will want to see Biden prove that he is still mentally and physically able to do the job. Not everyone is like us who will vote for any inanimate object over the other candidate.
          Well, Trump is already trying to invalidate Biden even if he does a decent job by making unfounded accusations about him being drugged up and "strongly demanding" he be drug tested. It is the same nonsense he said about HRC. I'm sure dementia patients everywhere would really love to know what drugs they can take to be all there again under the pressures of a national debate for president. And if such drugs exist, what would be wrong with Biden taking them every day? Then he will still be all there again!

Comment

uh, how many on the right are here? 2? 3? And I only show up every 3 or 4 months.

If I dont believe the polls, what data can I look at? 7 points is a lot of room for error, there's no way they are 5 points off. They could be 2 points off, maybe. So I'm hoping for a few things to happen, in order of most to least likely: bad Biden debate, another stimulus bill passed, vaccine. Just give me the first 2 and I think Trump is 2 to 3 points closer which is getting closer to a competitive race.
            I should expand to say more broadly that many on the right seem to want to deny the validity of the polls and point to 2016 as the reason why. It is just nice to see someone on the right admit he is clearly losing this race right now.

Comment

I know of one voter who would like to see Trump prove he is (or ever was) mentally and physically able to do the job. (Ok....it is me)
              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                I know of one voter who would like to see Trump prove he is (or ever was) mentally and physically able to do the job. (Ok....it is me)
                Make that two voters, I agree.

Comment

Hopefully learning from RBG's awful, awful decision to stick around far too long, word is that Justice Breyer is going to retire soon.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                    Hopefully learning from RBG's awful, awful decision to stick around far too long, word is that Justice Breyer is going to retire soon.
                    And I'm sure Republicans will find some cockamamie reason to not vote on a new justice.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      And I'm sure Republicans will find some cockamamie reason to not vote on a new justice.
                      That's fine, as long as Manchin and Sinema don't find a reason to not vote for the nominee...
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        The mere suggestion that Biden will look to nominate a black women has sent them into a tailspin of hypocrisy and stupidity. Because, you see, they just want qualified nominees without any consideration to race or gender! Also, it was okay when Reagan made a nomination based on gender. It was also okay when Former Guy did the same thing based on gender. And it was super okay that Former Guy nominated an unqualified judge first to the federal bench despite no trial experience and then to SCOTUS a mere three years later. And it was also fine that Republicans totally disregarded the ABA's recommendations and repeatedly nominated federal judges who were deemed unqualified. Because if you suggest a black person should be the nominee, right wingers will always cry that it's reverse racism. Because, doncha know, there obviously cannot be any qualified black women. Edit: We can tell that these are all racist dumbshit opinions since, importantly, there hasn't actually been a name advanced yet for nomination.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Biden to nominate Ketanji Brown Jackson to the SCOTUS. She is a former clerk of Justice Breyer and currently sits on the DC federal appellate court.

Comment

Biden to nominate Ketanji Brown Jackson to the SCOTUS. She is a former clerk of Justice Breyer and currently sits on the DC federal appellate court.
                            She is the only SCOTUS nominee or appointee that I can think of outside of Thurgood Marshall who has any background in criminal defense (former federal public defender) - several prosecutors who I can think of, though.

Comment

She is the only SCOTUS nominee or appointee that I can think of outside of Thurgood Marshall who has any background in criminal defense (former federal public defender) - several prosecutors who I can think of, though.
                              I am glad to see this.
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                                I am glad to see this.
                                Yeah. Now that I think of it, six of the nine current Justices have prosecutorial backgrounds. And it's so crazy to me that Clarence Thomas was the successor to Thurgood Marshall.

Comment

Working...
                                X