No announcement yet.

Are you more careful or less...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting to feel more close to normal. Going in to the office to work a couple times a week and have eaten out a few times. Still wear my mask in stores out of habit, although there is a huge drop in the percent of people who I see wearing them. Covid rates are quite low and vaccination rates very high in my city. Still some hotspots out there in the U.S, looks like we may have another limited surge in some locations, and probably not in others.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Starting to feel more close to normal. Going in to the office to work a couple times a week and have eaten out a few times. Still wear my mask in stores out of habit, although there is a huge drop in the percent of people who I see wearing them. Covid rates are quite low and vaccination rates very high in my city. Still some hotspots out there in the U.S, looks like we may have another limited surge in some locations, and probably not in others.
      waiting for schools to begin.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Just bought tickets to my first Mets game since 2019. That will be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
          Just bought tickets to my first Mets game since 2019. That will be interesting.
          so are we talking about being careful going to a Mets game, or being careful with Covid ?
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

so are we talking about being careful going to a Mets game, or being careful with Covid ?
            Little of both. I got tickets on the first base line after the net so I could be in hard line drive territory.

Comment

Little of both. I got tickets on the first base line after the net so I could be in hard line drive territory.
              I am sure it will be fun, hopefully Mr. deGrom is pitching
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I am sure it will be fun, hopefully Mr. deGrom is pitching
                It's about a month out. I tried to do a four days of rest count but it looks like I might miss him by a day. Maybe the rotation will get juggled a bit.

Comment

It seems that we in Northern IL and Southern Wis. are pretty much back to normal. Some mask wearing but mostly not. Can't really tell who is vaccinated and who is not.

Most of my clients are allowing me to set up calls now. Some still require masks some do not.

Comment

bumping this thread...for me I still work at home 4 out of 5 days, but I've been out to restaurants, taken several flights, been to a few bars, etc. Seems like things are more normal. I still wear a mask when i go out, although not when I'm at a restaurant or bar, which is not frequent. I try not to go any crowded public places. Most restaurants i go to are pretty empty. I am less worried since I am vaccinated, but still try to be safe and minimize exposure. At this point I'm wondering how many years the current situation will continue.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Things are starting to get back to semi-normal up here tho the experience is very different across Canada - here in Ontario things are on a very good trajectory as our vaccination rates are really quite high. I've been to a few restaurants, and we're going to a resort in Quebec tomorrow to get away - first vacation-ish experience. When in public we still wear masks - that's still required, but capacity limits on most things have recently been lifted. Our office is having people go back to work for 2 days a week as of mid-Nov - most are ok with it tho a few are raising concerns.
                      I think by spring we'll see people ease back into socializing more comfortably.
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Went to my son's first in-person orchestra performance in 2 years last night. 99.8% of the parents followed guidelines and masked up save 2 Alex Jones dopplegangers who just had a ZFG attitude with everyone and wouldn't accept the masks that were twice offered to them by staff.

We still have an indoor mask mandate here in NC, but it's rarely enforced in most places and participation at the grocery store tends to be around 75% by my observations with the Karens tending to be the biggest offenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                          Went to my son's first in-person orchestra performance in 2 years last night. 99.8% of the parents followed guidelines and masked up save 2 Alex Jones dopplegangers who just had a ZFG attitude with everyone and wouldn't accept the masks that were twice offered to them by staff.

We still have an indoor mask mandate here in NC, but it's rarely enforced in most places and participation at the grocery store tends to be around 75% by my observations with the Karens tending to be the biggest offenders.
                          There were 1,000 people at your son's orchestra performance? Nice crowd!

Comment

There were 1,000 people at your son's orchestra performance? Nice crowd!
                            The % was weighed based on IQ

Comment

I'm at work 3-4 days/week, masks required door to door, other than when solo in an enclosed office. Only about 20% of our people in as remote work is looked on pretty favorably by our company.

For the most part, masks aren't required by law. If a place requests mask wearing, I do so. Otherwise, I don't. I'm vaxxed and boostered.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                I'm at work 3-4 days/week, masks required door to door, other than when solo in an enclosed office. Only about 20% of our people in as remote work is looked on pretty favorably by our company.

For the most part, masks aren't required by law. If a place requests mask wearing, I do so. Otherwise, I don't. I'm vaxxed and boostered.
                                I would request that you wear a mask at all times, but that has nothing to do with Covid. I have now seen your face in that picture posted with GITH and I think it would be in everyone's best interests.

Comment

Working...
                                X