No announcement yet.

Are you more careful or less...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm probably work from home permanently at this point. The courts are still barely open and still doing most things virtual so I have not had to go anywhere. Depositions are still being done virtually as well. I went to the office one day a few weeks ago because there were some unscanned documents that I had to review, but other than that I've been home.

I guess we're slightly less careful in that we have gone places and stuff, but we're generally masked, especially with the kids still unvaccinated.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
      I would request that you wear a mask at all times, but that has nothing to do with Covid. I have now seen your face in that picture posted with GITH and I think it would be in everyone's best interests.
      Shakespeare was so right in Henry VI, part II, Act IV.....
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

There were 1,000 people at your son's orchestra performance? Nice crowd!
        ok, so maybe 99.6%

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Shakespeare was so right in Henry VI, part II, Act IV.....
          Sheesh, I just called you ugly, is that really grounds for death?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            ok, so maybe 99.6%
            *Close to 100%

Comment

*Close to 100%
              After FORENSIC analysis I agree.

Comment

I am much less cautious now. Mostly because I have had it and have had both shots as well. I also take into consideration that many more have been vaccinated since I got my second shot.

This is not to say that I still do not take precautions, just not like 6 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  I am much less cautious now. Mostly because I have had it and have had both shots as well. I also take into consideration that many more have been vaccinated since I got my second shot.

This is not to say that I still do not take precautions, just not like 6 months ago.
                  And speaking of 6 months... I am approaching the 6 month mark since my second vaccination. Having had covid and both Pfizer shots, I am thinking about getting the booster.

My wife's Rheumatologist said my wife (who is 9 years younger) and has had covid and the shots recommended her to pass on the booster as she would have to go off her meds. While she was there she asked about me. Given my age and type II she said "I would recommend it."

I had two concerns one can you take too much "medicine?" and two would I be taking someone else's opportunity to get a shot. From what I am reading I do not think either comes into play. I have my own doctors appointment at the end of the month and will talk to them about it. That coincides with the 6 month mark. Most likely will get the booster right after.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    And speaking of 6 months... I am approaching the 6 month mark since my second vaccination. Having had covid and both Pfizer shots, I am thinking about getting the booster.

My wife's Rheumatologist said my wife (who is 9 years younger) and has had covid and the shots recommended her to pass on the booster as she would have to go off her meds. While she was there she asked about me. Given my age and type II she said "I would recommend it."

I had two concerns one can you take too much "medicine?" and two would I be taking someone else's opportunity to get a shot. From what I am reading I do not think either comes into play. I have my own doctors appointment at the end of the month and will talk to them about it. That coincides with the 6 month mark. Most likely will get the booster right after.
                    Being 65 in December and type 2 - I got my booster last week

Comment

So, the wife and I went out to a movie for the first time in quite a while. Masks are mandated in Cali, so we wore ours throughout the film. Though those next to us did not. My biggest question of the night is--when did movie theatres start using recliners as seats? Damn nice surprise.

Spider Man was great, drinks afterward at the Yard House even better.

Last time we'll venture out for the foreseeable future.

But we were careful and amazingly STILL enjoyed ourselves.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        So, the wife and I went out to a movie for the first time in quite a while. Masks are mandated in Cali, so we wore ours throughout the film. Though those next to us did not. My biggest question of the night is--when did movie theatres start using recliners as seats? Damn nice surprise.
                        Our theaters converted over in 2019 to all recliners. It's a good and bad thing for me - you're right, they're really comfortable. OTOH, if I'm not into the movie, the wife gets annoyed at my snoring.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Our theaters converted over in 2019 to all recliners. It's a good and bad thing for me - you're right, they're really comfortable. OTOH, if I'm not into the movie, the wife gets annoyed at my snoring.
                          Oh for sure. I went to a movie birthday party earlier this year with my older son and I stayed. I was out cold for a good 30 minutes of the movie until he woke me up.

Comment

I went to a movie birthday party
                            haha sucker

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              haha sucker
                              It actually worked out amazingly. Free popcorn and a nap.

Comment

Seems like the push to normalcy and great un-masking are upon us. Anyone plan to continue wearing masks ? Maybe just to spite our totalitarian overlords who say we don't need them ?
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X