Biden's VP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Just a left-field thought- It would be a total shock, but what if Biden picked a guy like Kasich (who is endorsing him) to appeal to the sane republicans? Crazy like a fox move if you ask me.
    Romney would've been a better choice than Kasich if you go that route. and it wouldn't have been a bad idea, if you cared about compromising. it's all about politics though. also, VP's run as the next president, Harris has a better chance at defeating Pence than Rice. and why give Kasich or Romney the spot and the chance to be the next president. I don't know Harris but when you pick a VP you are picking the next election since elections never end.

Comment

I am uncomfortable electing people because they are white or black or male or female, young or old. politics is stupid in that regard. it's political eugenics.

Comment

Just read an interesting article on the exhaustive interview and getting process Biden and his team put candidate s through. Anyone who survived it and came out on top over other qualified candidates like Harris did is okay in my book. She out interviewed the field. Whether driven more sincerity or ambition, her answers got her to her goal very a deep and worthy field of contenders.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...K5A?li=BBnb7Kz

Comment

I thought of this racist joke. we could rename Hooters to Looters. I prefer looters with hooters.

Comment

Watched the magic talking box, where member after member of POC came out to comment on Harris selection. Biden campaign, when that was virtually out of cash and not able to run ads, then was blessed by Rep Jim Clyburn endorsment. Clyburn did an even more over the top jubilant thumbs up of Harris, as did normally stoic, serious heads of groups, and members of congress, representing every niche, but this time radiating smiles, joy, just hope backed happiness.

All expressing what a strengthened ticket this is, partnership, not ticket, Biden was the compromise to the middle, to the reachable repubs, to the undecideds, but Harris is the backbone to smash lies in their place, and down the road to pursue the illegal gameplaying that took place these past trump years. This is giving voice to what is always the unrepresented. Harris not just 1st AA woman for ticket, 1st SE asian women, someone who we already know is strong not just on debate stage, but time and again when questioning Sessions, Barr, SC nominee, biz execs, crushes posers, responds in real time to answers that do not add up and pass smell test. Just good day, this is like reinforcements against dark forces, and trumpo will continue to use every bit of illegal maneuvers he can to ensure election is tilted in his favor, but today we get something on the ledge for the good guys.

Here is easy call, Pence will never debate Harris on stage. Harris is just such a higher intelligence differential, and mental quickness, vs a robotic sycophant. I would bet anything I have, or will earn, that matchup could not happen. Be like watching the heavyweight championship intro, and you have prime Tyson in one corner, and they dump a toddler in other corner, could not be sanctioned. Trump/Biden, sure, 2 old white past their prime guys who both prone to gaffes, watched plenty of both and that is in realm of ok, but Harris/Pence. Please.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
              Romney would've been a better choice than Kasich if you go that route. and it wouldn't have been a bad idea, if you cared about compromising. it's all about politics though. also, VP's run as the next president, Harris has a better chance at defeating Pence than Rice. and why give Kasich or Romney the spot and the chance to be the next president. I don't know Harris but when you pick a VP you are picking the next election since elections never end.
              Wouldn't that alienate a huge chunk of the Democratic base? Romney is about as far from Bernie Sanders as you could get. I mean, I'd be happier with Romney in the presidency than probably 95% of other Republicans currently in national office, but running Bain Consulting is not exactly advocating for the poor and oppressed. I don't think the 3-5% of the GOP vote that you might gain, optimistically, with that kind of move would come close to outweighing the 20-30% of the Democratic electorate that you would deeply anger by doing it.

In other words, I don't believe there are that many principled Republicans. They have convincingly demonstrated otherwise over the past four years. They'll take power and corruption with Trump over principle every day.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I'm curious who Biden's backup plan is now that we know Harris wasn't born in the US.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  I'm curious who Biden's backup plan is now that we know Harris wasn't born in the US.
                  Ted Cruz?

Oh wait, he wasn't born in the U.S., either.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    I know a president can't run for a third term but could one run as a VP?
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                      Yes..
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        The belief is no; however, that has not been tested in court. The belief is the 12th amendment will prevent a president who has served two terms to be in the VP role since they are "Constitutionally ineligible to be president". With this SCOTUS, it could be a very interesting case, as the interpretation would come down to intent at the time versus actually letter of the law.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                        X