Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exceelent Musical Comedy Repository

Darn, Netflix keeps pulling the clips from the special. Those are two great songs. They deserve to be accessible on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Darn, Netflix keeps pulling the clips from the special. Those are two great songs. They deserve to be accessible on their own.
    I only thought the new Burnham special was okay, but I loved a few bits.

"Welcome to the internet" and the song with Socko were incredible.
    "My favourite is when Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi say "we need a strong Republican party." And I'm like, "um, well, I donít. Not sure why you do." And then I realized why they do need a strong Republican party. Because if there was no Republican party, even if you were a fan of the Democrats, you would be like "hey, now what's holding you back from doing good policy if there's no opposition?" Because they'd be revealed as frauds." - Judah Friedlander

Anybody seen Brian De Palma's Phantom of the Paradise?

"My favourite is when Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi say "we need a strong Republican party." And I'm like, "um, well, I donít. Not sure why you do." And then I realized why they do need a strong Republican party. Because if there was no Republican party, even if you were a fan of the Democrats, you would be like "hey, now what's holding you back from doing good policy if there's no opposition?" Because they'd be revealed as frauds." - Judah Friedlander

Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    I only thought the new Burnham special was okay, but I loved a few bits.

"Welcome to the internet" and the song with Socko were incredible.
    Yeah, the Socko bit was a stand out, as was Welcome to the Internet, and the closing number, but my favorite was "That Funny Feeling." Those four are my favs. I am a sucker for musical comedy, and I thought the whole thing was really well done. The one thing he did not address that would have been good, since his whole thing is self-awareness and critique is that the whole act of being able to perform in isolation for a year was supported by privilege. A song about all the workers who had to stay out there on the front lines would have been good, but then again, I don't really think the special was about the pandemic as much as it is about internet culture and techno-isolation that are his main themes since way before the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    Anybody seen Brian De Palma's Phantom of the Paradise?

I have not, but now I want to. Is there anything better than a B-movie trailer from that time period? It is an artform onto itself.