Exceelent Musical Comedy Repository

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exceelent Musical Comedy Repository

I am a sucker for musical comedy. I can't get enough of it. I thought a thread like the Cover Songs I Like would be fun, as I've enjoyed all the posts in that thread. I will get us started with a couple of Trevor Moore songs:

Comment

I could post 100s of these, but I will just post a couple more to get us started. Here is one from Bo Burnham:

Comment

Comment

Comment

I don't laugh a lot at Tim Minchin's stuff, but I always appreciate his musical abilities, which are high end for musical comedy--the dude has legit musical skills. The set up for the punchline in this one is pretty great, though:

Comment

We had a previous thread for this. Let me see if i can find it.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                We had a previous thread for this. Let me see if i can find it.
                Oh man, we did, and I started it, only about a year ago, and I forgot! Man, my memory used to be insanely good. Now, stuff like this happens sometimes. My bad.

Comment

Bo Burnham's new Netflix Special, Inside, is a show stopper. Must see. This isn't the funniest song in it, but my favorite is "That Funny Feeling" which is not available on YouTube.
                  Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-10-2021, 09:39 PM.

Comment

And this one is my second favorite from the special. This kid has really grown into his talent. Amazing stuff.

Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-10-2021, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Darn, Netflix keeps pulling the clips from the special. Those are two great songs. They deserve to be accessible on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        Darn, Netflix keeps pulling the clips from the special. Those are two great songs. They deserve to be accessible on their own.
                        I only thought the new Burnham special was okay, but I loved a few bits.

"Welcome to the internet" and the song with Socko were incredible.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Anybody seen Brian De Palma's Phantom of the Paradise?

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                            I only thought the new Burnham special was okay, but I loved a few bits.

"Welcome to the internet" and the song with Socko were incredible.
                            Yeah, the Socko bit was a stand out, as was Welcome to the Internet, and the closing number, but my favorite was "That Funny Feeling." Those four are my favs. I am a sucker for musical comedy, and I thought the whole thing was really well done. The one thing he did not address that would have been good, since his whole thing is self-awareness and critique is that the whole act of being able to perform in isolation for a year was supported by privilege. A song about all the workers who had to stay out there on the front lines would have been good, but then again, I don't really think the special was about the pandemic as much as it is about internet culture and techno-isolation that are his main themes since way before the pandemic.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                              Anybody seen Brian De Palma's Phantom of the Paradise?

I have not, but now I want to. Is there anything better than a B-movie trailer from that time period? It is an artform onto itself.

Comment

Working...
                              X