Corona, fear and habits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corona, fear and habits

Are any of you taking more chances now then from the time period where you took the least?

What does that look like.

So far my wife and I are pretty secluded only taking a weekly short visit to see our adult kids and grandson. I go for groceries about every 10 days. We wear masks, social distance and wash hands. I do not see that changing much in the next two weeks.

I have just received an email from my VP stating that if customers are willing and you are willing you can now go visit them. Wear masks, wash hands and social distance as much as you can. He made it very clear that if we are uncomfortable we do not have to do it. I plan on staying put through next week. If the numbers drop I have a customer picked out for my first visit the week of June 22nd.

Pam and I are doing exactly what we've been doing for 3 months now. Staying home, Shop once a week always masked, distancing and we have sanitizer in the car to use upon returning to the car from the store. We walk on occasion, but we live right next to the beach so we can do so without any interaction with others (masked).. mostly we just kick it at the house or on the patio. We are considering a trip sometime this summer along 395 but that's a off the path through the mountains dealio where we can stop at campgrounds and isolate/distance while getting out a bit--but we're waiting to see if a second wave hits before doing so. So No, not really jumping into the-great escape from Lockdown-as so many others seem to be doing.

Stay safe, be well.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I went to the BLM protest yesterday for my first public outing other than groceries, restaurants for pick-up, home supplies, and booze. I was masked and tried to keep my distance but obviously that wasn't always possible. I am planning two trips this summer, one to San Diego because my buddy is letting us crash at his place while he's on another trip, and then a trip to Lake Tahoe and Yosemite in an RV. At this point, I'm doubtful about sending my kids back to school in the fall but will have to re-assess when it's time.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Our local Botanical Gardens have opened up, giving an extra place to walk. I did make my first work trip in more than two months last week; flying was pretty surreal. Well, other than entitled jerks who whine about not being upgraded to first class. That's normal as ever.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
          I went to the BLM protest yesterday for my first public outing other than groceries, restaurants for pick-up, home supplies, and booze. I was masked and tried to keep my distance but obviously that wasn't always possible. I am planning two trips this summer, one to San Diego because my buddy is letting us crash at his place while he's on another trip, and then a trip to Lake Tahoe and Yosemite in an RV. At this point, I'm doubtful about sending my kids back to school in the fall but will have to re-assess when it's time.
          Just got an invite to the BLM protest her tonight at 5, thinking about it--the wife says it's up to me. Not sure I want to be that closely packed together and I know myself, if there's fist bumping or hugging I'll be in the middle of that so...I'm contemplating--How was your experience?

Oh and if you want, when you're in San Diego look me up, we can glare at each other across a couple of beers.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            Just got an invite to the BLM protest her tonight at 5, thinking about it--the wife says it's up to me. Not sure I want to be that closely packed together and I know myself, if there's fist bumping or hugging I'll be in the middle of that so...I'm contemplating--How was your experience?

Oh and if you want, when you're in San Diego look me up, we can glare at each other across a couple of beers.
            Lol it's just going to me and my young daughters (grrrr) so no social calls for me.

I wasn't embracing anyone and almost everyone was wearing masks, but of course lots of chanting. When they made the final turn toward the police station I ducked out. Whoever filmed this had to have been within 20 yards of me because I recognize the voices leading the chants.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Lol it's just going to me and my young daughters (grrrr) so no social calls for me.

I wasn't embracing anyone and almost everyone was wearing masks, but of course lots of chanting. When they made the final turn toward the police station I ducked out. Whoever filmed this had to have been within 20 yards of me because I recognize the voices leading the chants.

https://twitter.com/PeccaryNotPig/st...672631809?s=19
              I'll try to get some footage if I go.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Kathleen and I are still wearing masks when we go out. And we try to maintain social distancing.

The other day at the grocery store as I'm unloading my groceries from the cart some buffoon gets right up behind me. Six feet? Hell...he was closer than six inches. WFT is wrong with people?
                “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                  Kathleen and I are still wearing masks when we go out. And we try to maintain social distancing.

The other day at the grocery store as I'm unloading my groceries from the cart some buffoon gets right up behind me. Six feet? Hell...he was closer than six inches. WFT is wrong with people?
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Sometimes the three names works for a band, like Blood, Sweat and Tears or Crosby Stills & Nash, but “Corona, fear and habits” is an atrocious name for a band.

Comment

My aunt is having a graduation party for my cousin back in PA at the end of the month. Almost all of my family is out here now, and no one else is planning on making the trip back. I really want to go for my cousin. Going back and forth on it. I'll probably end up going.

Otherwise, I've been out a ton delivering food, so things are too different. I'm still not going to eat in anywhere even though things are open. We've seen a 33% increase in cases in my county since we opened back up.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        My aunt is having a graduation party for my cousin back in PA at the end of the month. Almost all of my family is out here now, and no one else is planning on making the trip back. I really want to go for my cousin. Going back and forth on it. I'll probably end up going.

Otherwise, I've been out a ton delivering food, so things are too different. I'm still not going to eat in anywhere even though things are open. We've seen a 33% increase in cases in my county since we opened back up.
                        are patios open out there? there's talk up here of allowing restaurants to open outdoor patios (nothing inside tho)
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                          are patios open out there? there's talk up here of allowing restaurants to open outdoor patios (nothing inside tho)
                          outside and inside at half capacity are open in my county.

Comment

even NJ - No. 2 with a bullet behind NY - will have outdoor dining options starting in 10 days.

a lot of suburban towns plan to close off a main street or two to allow for placement of tables and chairs outside usually indoor-only restaurants.

Wednesday's tally of NYC COVID-19 deaths was a remarkable ZERO, so they won't be that far behind on this front, presumably.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

ours open up for outdoor patios as of Friday
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X