2k22 All Free Agent Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k22 All Free Agent Team

Has anyone gotten their team started yet? Interesting development this year as Yahoo has switched to FAAB instead of first-come, first-serve. It seems to run every night and you can bid $0. Wonder how this will impact our free agent adventures.

(For those who didn't play last year, the idea is basically to join a standard free Yahoo league, put a bunch of truly awful players on your draft list, and then build a team completely from free agents. We had some owners win their leagues last year... here's the thread: http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...e-Agent-League )

I've got my team started, will list them in the next post. It would appear that my team finished 4th last year.

Here's what I have to start. Saves are going to be tough, but it's early. I might have too many stashes but I want to wait and see how far away the prospects are.

C - Francisco Mejia
    1B -Mark Canha
    2B - Kolten Wong
    3B - Renato Nunez
    SS - Nick Ahmed
    OF - Choo, Justin Upto, Kyle Tucker
    UT - Nick Solak (2B/3B in Yahoo), Brandon Lowe (1B/2B/OF in Yahoo)
    Bench - Jo Adell, Puig, Brett Gardner

SP - Andrew Heaney, Garrett Richards, Jose Urquidy, Josh James, Yonny Chirinos, Mitch Keller, Michael Kopech
    RP - Hunter Harvey, Jose Alvarado, Aaron Bummer

Comment

thanks for the reminder

time to grab that team of wretchedness to start - then swap them all

Comment

Private Yahoo leagues still have the option to use waiver only instead of the new FAAB/waiver hybrid. But, i think Yahoo is trying to curb excessive streaming in their public and pro leagues. I was in a pro league that had a team make over 700 moves last year! The guy finished 10th so it obviously doesn't work. But, it was annoying to always have a large percentage of the top free agents not immediately available until they passed through the 2 day waiver period.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

yeah, thanks, I was thinking about this yesterday ... need to get my team set up ...
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

well, not sure if this team will ever take the field but here's what I'm starting with; I loaded up on SP, we'll see who gets off to a decent start ...

C - C Kelly
            1B - J Votto
            2B - J Schoop
            SS - D Swanson
            3B - S Castro
            OF - T Grisham, K Calhoun, D Santana
            UT - J Dyson, T Hernandez

SP - G Marquez, G Richards, C Smith, J Musgrove, J James, L Weaver, L McCullers, J Gray
            RP - D Hudson, T Buttrey, J Alvarado, D Betances, S Barlow
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I drafted my team. I must've messed up my rankings because my team drafted Carlos Santana, Choo and Foltynewicz. I figure they are close enough to waiver wire fodder that I'm gonna leave them on my team. Well, maybe not Santana but it's close enough. I still have two more scrubs that I was unable to replace on the first go around.

Here's my team

C - Narvaez
              1B/3B - Santana, Walker, CJ Cron, Diaz
              2B/SS - Galvis, C Hernandez, Castro
              OF - Choo, Renfroe, Gardner, Adell

SP - Folty, Kopech, Keller, Richards, DeSclafani, Matz, Jon Gray
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                I drafted my team. I must've messed up my rankings because my team drafted Carlos Santana, Choo and Foltynewicz. I figure they are close enough to waiver wire fodder that I'm gonna leave them on my team. Well, maybe not Santana but it's close enough. I still have two more scrubs that I was unable to replace on the first go around.

Here's my team

C - Narvaez
                1B/3B - Santana, Walker, CJ Cron, Diaz
                2B/SS - Galvis, C Hernandez, Castro
                OF - Choo, Renfroe, Gardner, Adell

SP - Folty, Kopech, Keller, Richards, DeSclafani, Matz, Jon Gray
                you realize if you win we'll have to put an * beside your name on the trophy

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                  you realize if you win we'll have to put an * beside your name on the trophy
                  Yeah, I can live with that. I've already won it before.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                    Yeah, I can live with that. I've already won* it before.
                    fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                      fixed.
                      Ouch. My previous title is legit! LEGIT!!!!

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

oh man, i guess i'll do this again this year. i did terrible last year. the game has just changed with all the home runs. i have one real team this year and again i went pitching as i think it's much harder to find now.

but the way things are now, it seems much harder.

Comment

Lovelady is still my first pick. hehe...Quackenbush is good too.

what screwed me last year was i did it at the last minute and missed the game in japan. and the season started early. so i couldn't build a team since you could only make 6 moves a week and i missed the H2H playoffs. took me 4 weeks to just make a team.

i don't like FAAB. i like seeing people making moves and don't like having to wait until the next day to see people making action. i log on and want to see who did what that day, that moment.

the way it is now, there's no action during the day. there's no reason to check the league until the next day.
                          Last edited by ; 03-12-2020, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Possibly relevant:

It’s easy to identify the late-round gems from a draft *after* the season, but can we find them beforehand? Let’s try!

Comment

Got in on this to cure boredom. WW looked very thin outside of Dee Gordon, Stripling and Givens/Harvey.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                              X