No announcement yet.

2k22 All Free Agent Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would drop either Stripling or Giles. Not the others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      I would drop either Stripling or Giles. Not the others.
      I agree with Sharky.

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
        What a bum.

In all seriousness, I don't own any shares, but I'm glad he heated back for those of you who do.
        I think the takeaway is bigger than Pham. Every player goes through slumps, some more pronounced than others. But when the underlying data is telling you he's hitting the ball really well it's just not falling in, that's a buy low, it's not a drop simply because he disappointed you before.

That will play out this way far more often than the follow your gut and buy in on hot streaks method. If you are buying mainly hot streaks, you're going to be buying high.

Just my 2c though, I know everyone plays the game differently!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          I think the takeaway is bigger than Pham. Every player goes through slumps, some more pronounced than others. But when the underlying data is telling you he's hitting the ball really well it's just not falling in, that's a buy low, it's not a drop simply because he disappointed you before.

That will play out this way far more often than the follow your gut and buy in on hot streaks method. If you are buying mainly hot streaks, you're going to be buying high.

Just my 2c though, I know everyone plays the game differently!
          This is a good post.

Now do you agree with me who agreed with Sharky on who to drop answering virgonomic's question?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            This is a good post.

Now do you agree with me who agreed with Sharky on who to drop answering virgonomic's question?
            Giles is off the IL now but his rehab outings were terrible. I'm not sure he gets the closer role. I'm holding in an AL Only league where he's a luxury to have, but overall I'm concerned if he has enough time to re-establish himself into that closer role.

Stripling has benefitted tremendously from the reduced HR rate. That said, he's probably fine to keep around as your last starter until that turns.

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              What a bum.

In all seriousness, I don't own any shares, but I'm glad he heated back for those of you who do.
              Pham has been getting very lucky just to get back to rosterable in a 12 team league. I wouldn't lose sleep over a fungible outfielder like him (plus, he's an assclown to boot).
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                Pham has been getting very lucky just to get back to rosterable in a 12 team league. I wouldn't lose sleep over a fungible outfielder like him (plus, he's an assclown to boot).
                hah, not sure if serious or just playing a bit. How is he "getting lucky"?

On a list I'm looking at now of 12 team value he's been worth > $15 this year. Far from fungible.

(note that I agree that he's an assclown but there's no assclown category in my leagues)

Comment

• Thanks all. Plot twist: dropped Giles to put a claim on Baz (for Strip). He was dropped June 16 and I didn't notice.
                  Last edited by virgonomic; 06-21-2022, 06:30 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• I'm impressed at what this owner has managed to do. He continues to do god's work, adding Bart this week. Of course, it isnt a winning strategy.
                    Roto Giants.jpg

Playing H2H was a game changer. Thanks to nully for the suggestion. My pitching ended up really good. My hitting is a work in progress. Trading Wright for Bo made my team and heart happy.

IF Kirk Lowe Berti Arraez Bo
                    OF JRod Kiriloff Alfaro Schwarber Ward
                    B Cruz
                    SP Ohtani JonGray Severino Castillo Gonsolin Baz Sandoval Strider
                    RP Kimbrel Houck Sewald
                    IL Jansen Strasburg

Comment

• I finished first by 11.5 pts and got a bye to the semis. Castillo and Jameson got roughed up yesterday and I missed the finals by 0.02 WHIP. I needed their Ks and had to start them.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Comment

Working...
                      X