No announcement yet.

2k22 All Free Agent Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to back nights of Manea and then Alcantara have buried this team so deep that it is white flag time for me. Fun experiment while it lasted.

Comment

• you have to play H2H in this. it's a war. but each week is a new battle. for example the guy I am playing this week drafted almost all SP the first 8 picks. it's a great strategy.

so we are testing our strategies. I chucked all my closers. it's fun. pick up all the best closers out there. and then drop them and picked up SP. it's not DF, i'll never get those closers back.

bad closers hurt your ratio than winning one category. H2H is the way to go. yesterday my league8's made 10 moves. daily fantasy sucks. roto is permanency, h2h is hitting the middle.

Comment

• it made it harder when yahoo made the pitching limit 20 innings a week. vs 6 IP. with 20 it's harder. and the tie breaker in the playoffs is now best standing not era.

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          No worries. Appreciate the advice.
          Irvin has 2 good starts and 2 poor ones in his last 4. I went 0-4
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Irvin has 2 good starts and 2 poor ones in his last 4. I went 0-4
            I (we) made the right call. He's in the rearviewmirror now.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• the league I am in is crazy. the other day 6 or 7 managers all made daily moves. I should add of all the moves everyone has done. I've never seen anything like it. only one absent manager. all of them set their lineups everyday. it's the coronavirus. it's been a boon to activity.

and I think it's because of me. because of you. they've never seen anyone draft Richard Lovelace in the first round. and make a free agent team. they think it's a new thing. and it's inspired all of them to go crazy. and it actually works. baseball has so many stars, everyone wants to pick up the new breakout guy.

I've never like rankings. and it's not managers just playing daily or weekly things, they plan to hold the players they pickup. it's one of the best leagues I've ever been in. these guys are trying hard. and when I look at their histories, a lot of them have never tried this hard before. they are totally into it. and it's because we did a free agent league. it wigged them out. they think they can win.

Comment

• ASB updates?

I'm in 5th, 26 pts out of 1st - all things considered, I'm pleased. 76 moves so far. Overall I'd say I have a slim shot at this thing, still lots of ground to make up, but hey, it's a shot ...

C - BPosey, GSanchez
                1B - JVotto
                2B - EEscobar
                SS - BCrawford, WFranco
                3B - JDonaldson
                OF - CMullins, AGarcia, HRenfroe, RTapia, BNimmo

SP - TRogers, CMorton, RRay, FPeralta, YKikuchi
                RP - AReyes, LTrivino, EClase, KGraveman, MKopech
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• 5th place, 35 points back.
                  Last in HR and AVG which are really holding me back.

C EDiaz
                  1B DSmith
                  2B LGurriel Castro
                  3B Donaldson India
                  SS Adames WFranco
                  OF JaPeterson Duvall Haase
                  B Kelenic
                  IL Upton

SP Ray Ryu Stripling Manoah FPeralta Irvin Odorizzi
                  RP Trivino McGee Hembree Kopech
                  IL Syndergaard Urquidy Sims

I added Ryu last week and an rocking the Jays rotation which is a win in itself.

Comment

• anyone with a shot at 1st? I never could crack the top tier this year, I got mired way down in OBP (trying to get some boppers in the first half) & never could get out of the hole I dug for myself, overall in 5th about 25 pts out of 1st
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• In 7th 37 back, 4 out of 5th. Punting HR and loading up on SB to make up ground.

Comment

• i won the league. it wasn't exactly easy
                        Best in class Yahoo Mail, breaking local, national and global news, finance, sports, music, movies... You get more out of the web, you get more out of life.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                          i won the league. it wasn't exactly easy
                          https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/48484
                          Wow, H2H? I might try that next year. I finished 5th, which is impressive given that I had no offense. I definitely need to draft earlier next year.

I love that your team name has FA in it. Trolled the entire league.

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                            Wow, H2H? I might try that next year. I finished 5th, which is impressive given that I had no offense. I definitely need to draft earlier next year.

I love that your team name has FA in it. Trolled the entire league.
                            it was an active league. 4 of us made over 100 moves. after playing yahoo for 20 years it's still a roll of the dice what league you'll get. i find H2H 2-3 weeks before the season starts you get the most active managers. i've never really played roto though except for a HR league here once. for FA yahoo you need an active league. which is always a main goal in every league. i registered as non-live draft, that helps eliminate the chance of people drafting live in a real league but treating it as a mock draft.

i think H2H is good for FA league, ppl make more moves. i think roto is harder and more unforgiving. it's not easy though, i had to score over 40 runs and rbi's in both playoff weeks. perhaps it was easier back in the day when the tie breaker was era and then whip and the minimum IP was 6.

that's my formula for an active FA league, H2H, non-live draft 2-3 weeks before season starts. GL

Mitch Haniger was the only player left on my team i originally picked up in FA. he's awesome. just the way he's seems so professional and goes about his business. not the best OF but not bad either.

Comment

• that's awesome nully! congrats - I too ended up in 5th in my league, simply couldn't overcome the first couple of months

Comment

• I just signed up for a H2H league. Drafting tomorrow. Get in early!

Comment

Working...
                                X