C - Carson Kelly
    1B -Daniel Murphy
    2B - Dee Gordon
    3B - Luis Arraez
    SS - Kevin Newman
    OF - Avisaíl García, Shogo Akiyama, Mazara
    UT - Pollock, Miggy
    Bench - Eaton (Mr injury), Verdugo, Berti, DeShields

SP - Civale, Garrett Richards, Wood, Josh James, Eovaldi, Happ, Puk, Mikolas
    RP - Hunter Harvey,

like all my teams in recent years i am going for runs, SB and BA and pitching ratios. i am not as a good player as i used to be. i am not as familiar with the players out there. so i appreciate any advice anyone can provide based on my strategy. i am sure i made a few mistakes but it's a start. suprisingly players i was hoping that would be out there like Means and Kintzler, Mancini, Urquidy, Fletcher.

Andújar and Urshela are availible bot i don't know if they will help my strategy as i am looking for runs, SB and BA. not sure if i can do better at catcher. S. Murphy and Astudillo are out there?

Newman was my #1 get than Gordon and Murphy. i pretty much got everyone i wanted. just have to hope i should've wanted them. i need more pitchers but the batters are undecided so i went with quantity until i figure it out.

Comment

during the draft one guy said after the first 2 rounds, Oh shit Lovelady and Quankenbush are already taken!. then i told them not to panic i am taking the free agent challenge and will be around for the season. you always have to reassure them. then i also took Phil Coke and Martini and they asked me what i was up to doing drugs and drinking. remember that one year when we thought Phil Coke would be the closer in DET. good times.

i didn't put much effort into drafting funny names this year. i did find a Lovegrove. and there's always Forrest Wall, i draft him every year. unfortunately Max Fried got promoted.

Comment

in H2H the secret to the SB, BA, runs and pitching strategy is you have to be able to hit enough HR's and RBI's to keep the other team honest. once in a while you might win those categories, but if you don't make them worry a little about losing HR's and RBI's they might have a player like Billy Hamilton on their bench. and they will just switch from power to speed and skunk you.

i like the strategy, everyone is going for power nowadays. i say just blow the entire thing off and go for SB and pitching. the problem is, in H2H BA varies a lot week to week. so even guys like Adam Dunn can kick your ass if you are unlucky. runs is a bitch to win. you'd think getting all guys that lead off at the top of the order will win it, but it isn't so. with so many HR's, those guys are just driving themselves in. so it really grinds me to the bone when i lose runs. and i lose that category a lot.

it's all about pitching. the top pitchers are so much more valuable than the top hitters.

in H2H it's a strategy meant to win 6-4 or 5-4 or 5-3. you aren't suppose to win big. but you'll scare the hell out of the top teams. it's not a strategy that you will come in first place with, it's a strategy meant to win in the playoffs. everyone wants to win big these days. but i can tell you, any given week in H2H, it's one the top teams won't want to play against you. pitching is really the key. if you lose that your done.

another concern is tiebreakers. since they finished ahead of you in the standings they'll have the tie breaker. which makes it harder nowadays. still, you'd be surprised how many ties there all. all you need is one tie and the tiebreaker is gone.
        Last edited by ; 03-15-2020, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Are you guys using FAAB to get players off the WW after the initial draft? I kinda want to save it and did $0 bids.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

time to change things around
            Gavin Cecchini is probably not the key to my team

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              Are you guys using FAAB to get players off the WW after the initial draft? I kinda want to save it and did $0 bids.
              mostly zeros - I tried a few 4-5 dollar bids but got outbid anyway

Comment

I did mostly zeroes as well but went $2 on Ian Happ & got outbid
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Hunter Harvey went for $10 and I got Givens for zero or maybe a buck. Sure Harvey is the better pitcher and all but that seems odd
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

My team after the initial draft:

Molina CWalker Gordon YDiaz Renfroe Mazara Grichuk Canha Solak JPederson
                    Matz Yarbrough Stripling Canning James Bummer Samardzija Harvey Ottavino

Urshela, Kintzler and Lugo were sniped, but that yielded Hiura, Swanson and Oberg, all of whom I put claims in on. I will fill my roster with 4 of:

WDavis Urquidy / Hiura Swanson Oberg Ohtani (P)

ETA: I got Davis and Urquidy. Hoping for Hiura. Can't believe he was dropped.
                    Last edited by virgonomic; 03-18-2020, 10:05 AM.

Comment

How much would you bid on Holland, Lewis, Lux?

Comment

My team is now:

B Molina Pederson Lux Nunez Swanson Tucker Lewis Renfroe Walker Myers
                        P Pearson Stripling Hill Canning Singer MBoyd Houser Yarbrough Britton Holland Gott Kim Davis
                        IL Oberg

I'm trying to package 2 pitchers for a bat. Many of the teams are not active which makes this difficult. I decided to check Kluber's owner - he also has Puk and Verlander, all in his active lineup, plus Mikolas! I have offers out to 4 teams - hopefully one of them engages.

ETA:
                        Hill and Britton for Soler was accepted. So he gets an injury risk and a short-term closer and I get a power bat. Nice.
                        Springer was dropped for KSeager so I'm going to bid a good chunk of FAAB on him.
                        I jumped from last to 3rd today! There is hope!
                        Last edited by virgonomic; 07-31-2020, 11:38 AM.

Comment

How much would you FAAB on Springer?

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                            How much would you FAAB on Springer?
                            Someone dropped George Springer?!

Comment

I am in first place and my team is really quite terrible -crazy season

Comment

In 1 league, I am hitting .247 and in 2nd place in BA. The leading team is hitting .264. I'm in 1st overall. The top 4 teams in ERA and WHIP are the top 4 teams overall.

Comment

Working...
                                X