2k22 All Free Agent Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    I'm confused by the words "have to drop Alex Colome".

I think you meant "get to drop"

Luzardo isn't as good as his first outing, nor is he as bad as his start tonight. But he's better than Alex Colome!
    Got it. Luzardo to the bench and wait for developments.

I'm going to need a 2nd closer since Colome isn't it, but that's next week. Only one more transaction this week and I need to save it for an injury.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Luzardo isn't as good as his first outing, nor is he as bad as his start tonight.
      this is very true. I was watching highlights on pitcherlist of fawning over Luzardo outing against the Angels. they didn't mention it but if you look, it was a day game and the shadows came over the field, the batters just couldn't pick the ball up. to be sure I got suckered in and picked him up. but he's young. give him time, he'll be good. but not in the circle of trust this year. he's only like 24. and the A's started his career early. the days of Brandon Webb or Dontrelle Willis or even Jose Fernandez are over. with the exception of Fernandez, who was amazing, the only time young pitcher nail it are at the end of the season when they are on their game. ..since then the game has changed. juiced balls, non-juiced balls, .. nowadays you can only trust young pitchers after they get called up at the end of the season once they have worked out the kinks.

don't get me wrong I trust the Marlins with pitching, but it's not going to happen with Luzardo overnight this early in the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        Got it. Luzardo to the bench and wait for developments.

I'm going to need a 2nd closer since Colome isn't it, but that's next week. Only one more transaction this week and I need to save it for an injury.
        Diego Castillo the soon to be closer for SEA. glad you got Jeremy Pena he passes the eye test. dudes big. they wouldn't have let their douchebag SS go otherwise. Merrill Kelly is a good pitcher. he's reliable. I haven't had to go there yet, but he's first on the list of reliable pitchers. he's in the pitching circle of trust.

Comment

• you have to look at shit like, what day a pitcher is pitching, Monday is the worst, WED and Sunday are the best. the time the game is played, how the shadows on the field affect the batters.

Comment

• that wasn't the clip i was looking for.
            he even figured out the different bounce you got off the different kinds of wood they used on college basketball courts, you know?
            when you were previously a heavy gambler. you notice shit like what time the game is played and how the shadows at home plate affect how the batter picks up the ball in a different ball park. for example, Trout doesn't pickup the ball well in HOU.

Comment

• my Free Agent fantasy League is doing great. i did seven fucking trades in the first week. https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/121929 no trades in week two in the league as everyone became serious about winning. heh every team but one is active.

that's the good thing about having a trade vetoed. it's good. controversy is good- it means activity.

in h2h you have to have closers at the end to guarantee the win. i've always had closers, but since yahoo changed the tie breaker, i totally think you can punt saves until the end. i haven't tried it tho. i am going to try, until it doesn't work. it just seems like there is a lack of pitching. you can hoard pitching.

the best way to defeat someone in H2H is after they win ratios early is to get them to keep throwing pitchers out there. eventually someone will blow up.

Comment

• yes i did this trade

Ketel Marte Ari - 2B,OF Steven Matz StL - SP Alex Colomé Col - RP
                Traded to Larry's FA Team
                Apr 16, 12:13 am
                for Jesús Sánchez Mia - OF David Robertson ChC - RP Giovanny Gallegos St

i wanted Ketel Marte that bad even knowing how bad ARI currently is.

i am actually worried i won't be able to pick up Seth Beer before the week is out. and when i do, god i can hope i can get OF eligibility out of him at some point,.

also, i like S. Matz. i was going to pick him up. STL has great ball park. very hard to pick up the ball if you are not used to playing there.

Comment

• i promptly dropped Colome he was barely usable last year in MIN.

stupid fucking experts that doubt Bard.

Rocco Baldelli is cursed with relief pitching, he's the Dave Roberts of the AL.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                    Diego Castillo the soon to be closer for SEA. glad you got Jeremy Pena he passes the eye test. dudes big. they wouldn't have let their douchebag SS go otherwise. Merrill Kelly is a good pitcher. he's reliable. I haven't had to go there yet, but he's first on the list of reliable pitchers. he's in the pitching circle of trust.
                    Ken Giles says hi. I think once he's healthy, he's closing, though maybe to showcase him after what they did last July.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                      Ken Giles says hi. I think once he's healthy, he's closing, though maybe to showcase him after what they did last July.
                      Hi right back at you Giles.

Comment

Personally, I think Munoz has the best arm in that bullpen.
                        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I am not getting anywhere - YET
                          A Nola - catcher
                          Nate Lowe - 1B
                          Lux - 2b
                          Chapman - 3B
                          B Crawford - SS
                          Adell - OF
                          C Joe - OF
                          Pham - OF
                          Suarez - UTIL
                          Hoskins - UTIL

bench - Abrams, Nicky Lopez, Arraez, Laureano
                          Urias - IL

Stroman
                          Lodolo
                          Finnegan
                          Lamet
                          Carrasco
                          Matz
                          Sandoval
                          E DIaz
                          Bubic
                          Desclafani, Patino IL

any ideas of who I should buy low - I figure my chips today are Lodolo and Joe

are there players that owners might hate enough for either of those 2 hot hands

Comment

• Roto or H2H?

Pham is terrible. Who are the best FA hitters? 4 bench bats seems like a lot. I'm going with 1 so I can have 3 closers and a pile of SP.

I'd also look for upgrades to Stro, Finnegan and Lamet.

Oh, BTW, this might be our last chance to grab Laureano in AFA leagues and some regular leagues. I'm glad you reminded me to put claims in on him now that we're in a new week - he has started a minor league assignment as he winds down his suspension.

Comment

Pham is terrible.
                              He's not great, but he's far from terrible. Had about the worst luck anyone has had this year - for a guy with a .167 BABIP on 50% hard hit%, top 5% in the league with a 93.8% exit velo, and 9% barrels.

Seems like a guy to target to me.

Comment

He's not great, but he's far from terrible. Had about the worst luck anyone has had this year - for a guy with a .167 BABIP on 50% hard hit%, top 5% in the league with a 93.8% exit velo, and 9% barrels.

Seems like a guy to target to me.
                                I read this all last season. Never came true. I don't trust him. In AFA you need to go with the hot hand. He's the opposite of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X