Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      Villar is useful. He has speed, to be sure, but he also gets a decent average, scores runs, doesn't hurt you in HR or RBI, and covers three positions. Until I can get Marcus Simien, he'll do. If I had another decent SS, Villar would improve my 3B situation. I may give Jeremy Pena a spin.

SP is more of a concern. Carrasco and Cease are my reliable SP. After them I have Patrick Sandoval and Hunter Greene. It's an area I will work on this week.

One of the OF will bite dust for a SP, but which one? I have Suzuki, Kwan, Adolis Garcia, Benintendi, Ozuna, and Grichuk. SB is my weakest stat.
      Grichuk is a total mystery to me. he should do great in COL. i traded him early and the guy dropped him. this falls under the rule, don't drop guys that can come back and hurt your chances. i've just never had Grichuk on one of my teams before. but the playing time seems there.

Comment

• you should be picking up Jeremy Pena the first chance you get. and then sticking him at SS and forgetting about it.

Comment

• my favorite actor is Guy Pearce

Comment

• one of the best features of fantasy baseball is being able to click on a player and seeing who picked him up previously during the entire year. i used it a lot last year. to figure out how i picked up Robbie Ray last year.

i am really routing for SEA. last year was epic watching them just miss the playoffs. but Robbie Ray had that sinker going. i would watch a game and he had this pitch that was obviously a ball, but the batters kept swinging. it would curve inside to right-handed batters and drop at their feet. it worked every time. and then there were games he didn't throw the pitch at all and you were like, wtf. like just throw that pitch.

Robbie Ray's arms look beefy. he has that Roger Clemens body. no arm injury. Clemens only had groin problems. so Robbie ray could probably throw any junk and not worry about arm problems. right? because that's a wipeout pitch.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
              can you win a yahoo h2h free agent league with all your players from the same team. it can't be done. this is the holy grail of fantasy baseball. i've seen multiple managers attempt it. it just can't be done. you can even draft and keep them with no free agent shenanigans. but it can't be done because the you can't draft all the good players on one team.

in real life SF may win, but it's a fantasy hellhole. unless you want to win with just pitching. Austin Slater is a good player, but he'll never get the playing time he deserves.
              Not sure if you guys can see this, but that's what he tried to do.
              https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/6809/8

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                Did he miss the part about Bryant going to the Rockies?

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                  Did he miss the part about Bryant going to the Rockies?
                  Solano as well - I noted in a previous post that they are all either Giants in 2022 or they were in 2021

Comment

• These leagues are so silly. Kyle Schwarber is a free agent in this one.

Comment

all of it
                      I got him for $15!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                        you could do well with the Giants with this theory but he doesn't have Slater and Carlos Rodon, who should win CY.

Comment

• you know, you would be doing as great service to society if you were able to trade for Carlos Rodon somehow and give him to this guy. I have seen guys like this before. he'll probably lose, but he'll set his lineup everyday and pickup replacements from the minors. and I certainly wouldn't begrudge him keeping ex players.

to him, he is running the Giants. and last year he would've kept Bryant. it's slightly cheating but, I approve.

Comment

• 14 year anniversary of the Fenway Park pizza incident

Comment

you should be picking up Jeremy Pena the first chance you get. and then sticking him at SS and forgetting about it.
                              Done before you posted this. Goodbye Diego Castillo. Mr. Villar will cover 3B while I look for a permanent solution.

I picked up Merrill Kelly and put in a bid on McKenzie Gore.

What's your opinion on Jesus Luzardo right now? I would have to drop Alex Colome or Hunter Greene.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                Done before you posted this. Goodbye Diego Castillo. Mr. Villar will cover 3B while I look for a permanent solution.

I picked up Merrill Kelly and put in a bid on McKenzie Gore.

What's your opinion on Jesus Luzardo right now? I would have to drop Alex Colome or Hunter Greene.

J
                                I'm confused by the words "have to drop Alex Colome".

I think you meant "get to drop"

Luzardo isn't as good as his first outing, nor is he as bad as his start tonight. But he's better than Alex Colome!

Comment

Working...
                                X