No announcement yet.

2k22 All Free Agent Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my reply was 'did you know the reason Monday is the worst day to start pitchers is because umpires don't have a plane to catch like on Wednesday and Sunday.'

it's true. strikezone shrink when you have a plane to catch.

so one time Roger Clemons struck out 20 tigers. I was working at a gas station. I think Dwight Evans lived close by, but that house was round in the woods and no-one ever seemed to live there. Rich Gedman lived in the next town. one year I worked for a landscape company that actually cleaned a garden for him. tall grass, we were afraid of snakes. a restaurant had a picture of Gedman and autograph and the owner got excited when I told him he holds the record in MLB for putouts in a game. and then when I was 17 we landscaped Marty Barrett's house. my landscape boss was a rip off, sort of, and they sued each other. i was living on the couch at the company when Marty Barrett called on the phone and i answered and said his name was Joe. and i gave my boss the phone as he was avoiding his call. and he slightly cussed me out.

and Roger Clemons, he came in the gas station that night even though we had pay at the pump. i just saw some guy with no chin standing 7 ft over me with tons of rings and never looked up. another customer said, 'how'd you guys do tonite' and he replied 'we won' and left. and the customer was like, that was Roger Clemons!. that game was in DET though and it was a night game. he flew all the way from DET after striking out 20 batters, and after deciding to go in the gas station to pay, the two idiots inside didn't even see the game.

all the Red Sox players have dope wives. ..one of my friends that worked at another gas station said Butch Hobson guy has the biggest forearms of anyone you've seen. which is kind of a gay thing to say since forearms for men are to women that boobs are to men. apparently he got busted for drugs once. he was a good player.

Comment

• i spelled Clemens wrong. heh

Comment

• one of the problems after my mom died was what to do with her stupid Himalayan cat. her previous cats had worse fates but not from her. the first one died when 50 years ago her brothers gave it too much catnip. 30 years later the next one died of kidney infection after it lived for 10 years with an undiagnosed urinary tract infection (if your male cat sprays too much, you'll need Clovoxamine). the next one was put to sleep by her famous cardiology husband while he was dying of cancer after he thought it was peeing on an expensive rug.

this left her stupid Himalayan cat. and let me tell you, when the chips were down, that cat came through for itself. after living in the house practically alone for 2 months after losing it's master, and ppl feeding it. the nurse who had been taking care of my mother was finally transporting it to a new home, it did what cats do. and the nurse kept out of sentimentality. that's the great thing about cats.

i told my sister based on what happened before to other cats, we had to make right this time. and it worked. cats are a great species. they are the bridge to every social indicator. save the cheerleader save the world.

Comment

• us humans are just simple creatures or drones in this world. we have not the patience. i have very little faith in mankind. and i'll kick your as in any H2H format to prove it.

Comment

• I don't mean to be an asshole, but jocks are absolutely the worst types of ppl in the world. you have one good quality, you never give up. Hockey, those are the worst type of jocks. there is nothing worse than having some 60 year old guy that can still kick your ass, you can never reason with.

Comment

• Comment

• I'm at $55 FAAB (Suzuki 30 and Moncada 10 were my splurges).

Someone just dropped Kimbrel for Rainey!? How much would you FAAB?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                  I'm at $55 FAAB (Suzuki 30 and Moncada 10 were my splurges).

Someone just dropped Kimbrel for Rainey!? How much would you FAAB?
                  all of it

Comment

• First week is in the books and I won 6-3. Dylan Cease and Carlos Carrasco gave me good starts, Daniel Bard won saves by himself. on offense Suzuki, Ozuna and Bell had big weeks. I cannot believe someone outright cut Josh Bell and Jonathan Villar, but I guess that's why we play these games. My opponent helped by not subbing for Acuna.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                      First week is in the books and I won 6-3. Dylan Cease and Carlos Carrasco gave me good starts, Daniel Bard won saves by himself. on offense Suzuki, Ozuna and Bell had big weeks. I cannot believe someone outright cut Josh Bell and Jonathan Villar, but I guess that's why we play these games. My opponent helped by not subbing for Acuna.

J
                      Jonathan Villar is fools gold. he stole 62 bases one year but he was never really that good. dude got picked off first base the other day. he signed with the Cubs because of the promise of more playing time, but I don't see it happening. he's a volume guy. I like the Cubs, I like what they are doing. they are going to surprise some teams, but Villar just played in COL. his AB's looked really good. but everyone in front of him are better players. until Madrigal get's injured, again. Bell should have a much better year if they don't play with his playing time, he was a guy I traded for early last year in this league, WAS doesn't look bad. Ozuna is a great get but I refuse to have wife-beaters on my team. I didn't really pay attention to Bard last year. he has the stuff, I assume he got injured last year and didn't tell anyone.

Carrasco should be ok after being injured, but it's the Mets. I have him. and I don't trust Cease. being able to throw 100mph doesn't matter if it's straight down the middle of the plate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Apparently a huge Giants fan. All those players are either currently Giants, or they were Giants in 2021.
                        can you win a yahoo h2h free agent league with all your players from the same team. it can't be done. this is the holy grail of fantasy baseball. i've seen multiple managers attempt it. it just can't be done. you can even draft and keep them with no free agent shenanigans. but it can't be done because the you can't draft all the good players on one team.

in real life SF may win, but it's a fantasy hellhole. unless you want to win with just pitching. Austin Slater is a good player, but he'll never get the playing time he deserves.

Comment

• i say this as i am currently trying to pick up Belt and Joc.

Brandon Belt is a fucking enigma. he obviously has the plate discipline to be a Todd Helton if he played in COL. maybe this will be his breakout year. and you know Joc Pederson, oh it would be nice to see how he can do against RHP with full playing time, and batting fucking 4th on a well run organization. Joc Pederson is the get here. he got screwed last year by the Cubs. ATL used him to win the WS. ..they did win the WS, i think.

free Joc Pederson. fucking RHP masher. batting 4th on a WS team. sign me up

the real key is picking up guys at 28 years old. that's the BREAKOUT year.

Comment

• the guy that broke the rules and posted on a yahoo message board accusing me of dumping, which is ridiculous because how can you dump before a season starts, dropped William Contreras because he has J.T. Realmuto and then he dropped Joe Ryan.

i am going to rip this guy new asshole. unless he turns out to be ok, i'll wait until the end of the season after i have won. i fucking hate stupidity.

i have never been so cynical at any point in my life before. in contrast, ignorance is bliss.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                              Jonathan Villar is fools gold. he stole 62 bases one year but he was never really that good. dude got picked off first base the other day. he signed with the Cubs because of the promise of more playing time, but I don't see it happening. he's a volume guy. I like the Cubs, I like what they are doing. they are going to surprise some teams, but Villar just played in COL. his AB's looked really good. but everyone in front of him are better players. until Madrigal get's injured, again. Bell should have a much better year if they don't play with his playing time, he was a guy I traded for early last year in this league, WAS doesn't look bad. Ozuna is a great get but I refuse to have wife-beaters on my team. I didn't really pay attention to Bard last year. he has the stuff, I assume he got injured last year and didn't tell anyone.

Carrasco should be ok after being injured, but it's the Mets. I have him. and I don't trust Cease. being able to throw 100mph doesn't matter if it's straight down the middle of the plate.
                              Villar is useful. He has speed, to be sure, but he also gets a decent average, scores runs, doesn't hurt you in HR or RBI, and covers three positions. Until I can get Marcus Simien, he'll do. If I had another decent SS, Villar would improve my 3B situation. I may give Jeremy Pena a spin.

SP is more of a concern. Carrasco and Cease are my reliable SP. After them I have Patrick Sandoval and Hunter Greene. It's an area I will work on this week.

One of the OF will bite dust for a SP, but which one? I have Suzuki, Kwan, Adolis Garcia, Benintendi, Ozuna, and Grichuk. SB is my weakest stat.
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                                the guy that broke the rules and posted on a yahoo message board accusing me of dumping, which is ridiculous because how can you dump before a season starts, dropped William Contreras because he has J.T. Realmuto and then he dropped Joe Ryan.

i am going to rip this guy new asshole. unless he turns out to be ok, i'll wait until the end of the season after i have won. i fucking hate stupidity.

i have never been so cynical at any point in my life before. in contrast, ignorance is bliss.

This is why I put the top 250 players on do-not-draft. No one cares if you dump guys in the 300s.
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                                X