No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still not convinced were out of the woods yet....

If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I still can't think if a better album to watch a sunrise than pink floyd animals. it's better to be homeless. like when you work the nightshift at a gas station. there were some awesome sunrises that year.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
        I still can't think if a better album to watch a sunrise than pink floyd animals. it's better to be homeless. like when you work the nightshift at a gas station. there were some awesome sunrises that year.
        Years ago I found myself driving on the Chicago Skyway to Indiana at sunrise. As I approached the smoke stacks of the steel mills Pigs (three different ones) came on the radio.

It was awesome. I relive that moment in my head every time I go to Indiana. It has been over a year and a half now since I last went (covid).

Thanks for posting this. It feels like yesterday and yet somehow a very long time ago since I lived that little piece of my soundtrack.

Comment

• California State officials confirmed Wednesday that Democratic Governor Gavin Newsom will face a recall election, marking just the second time in state history that a special election will be held to recall a sitting governor. No date has been set yet for the recall election. The recall drive has been fueled by anger over the restrictions Newsom put in place to curb the spread of Covid-19.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I like it when adults enter the conversations. here's some GITH anti Lab Leak confirmation Bias...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...ute-speaks-out
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Gov. Hogan of Maryland announced that 100% of his state’s 130 covid deaths in June were among unvaccinated people.

The AP found that of the 18,000 covid deaths in the US in May, 99.2% were among unvaccinated people.

Honestly, I think I feel worse for the 0.8% who got the vaccine and still died than the 99.2% who probably watched too much Fox News.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Gov. Hogan of Maryland announced that 100% of his state’s 130 covid deaths in June were among unvaccinated people.

The AP found that of the 18,000 covid deaths in the US in May, 99.2% were among unvaccinated people.

Honestly, I think I feel worse for the 0.8% who got the vaccine and still died than the 99.2% who probably watched too much Fox News.
                Am I heartless for thinking, "Oh well, sucked to be you"? I know that some of these people MAY have had legitimate reasons for not getting vaccinated, but......

Comment

• Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                  Am I heartless for thinking, "Oh well, sucked to be you"? I know that some of these people MAY have had legitimate reasons for not getting vaccinated, but......
                  I would hate to be them, thinking on their deathbed, "Can I still get the vaccine NOW? Is it too late? Can I agree with the science now? Was my civil liberties worth it? Should I have just worn the mask?? Was President Trump really wrong???"

Comment

I would hate to be them, thinking on their deathbed, "Can I still get the vaccine NOW? Is it too late? Can I agree with the science now? Was my civil liberties worth it? Should I have just worn the mask?? Was President Trump really wrong???"
                    They would rather die from COVID than admit Trump was wrong. Well...ok.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Maybe, but you're not alone...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I don't think heartless, maybe vindictive?

Comment

• looks like we are in the early stages of another large surge of cases. Already happening in many areas, and most states have doubled in the last 2 weeks. Tennessee has quadrupled the number of cases in 2 weeks. Sigh...
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            looks like we are in the early stages of another large surge of cases. Already happening in many areas, and most states have doubled in the last 2 weeks. Tennessee has quadrupled the number of cases in 2 weeks. Sigh...
                            Yeah, really sucks. I guess folks got too lax the 4th of July. I am curious about how many cases are unvaccinated vs vaccinated. If a growing number have been vaccinated, that is a huge concern, obviously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              Yeah, really sucks. I guess folks got too lax the 4th of July. I am curious about how many cases are unvaccinated vs vaccinated. If a growing number have been vaccinated, that is a huge concern, obviously.
                              Lax is an understatement. I've been to a few different states/areas in the last couple of months, and mask wearing is pretty much limited to the totally fearful.

Comment

Lax is an understatement. I've been to a few different states/areas in the last couple of months, and mask wearing is pretty much limited to the totally fearful.
                                Here in San Diego they're above the 70% threshold. I still wear my mask indoors to the point, when I forgot it yesterday going to grab some groceries, I noticed it missing a few steps into the store--It felt weird to be unmasked, even for a moment--inside around strangers...I'm going to continue to mask indoors when shopping etc as long as there are those who continue to refuse the call.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X