No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, I hope he is right. This is pretty much echoes talking points from the Republicans at work. It won't be long before we know the truth

Conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh said he thinks the coronavirus is being sensationalized to hurt President Trump.As the stock market falls amid the spread of the virus, Limbaugh claimed that the outbreak was being used to "bring down" Trump, dismissing the virus's symptoms on Monday. "Folks, this coronavirus thing, I want to try to put this

As the stock market falls amid the spread of the virus, Limbaugh claimed that the outbreak was being used to "bring down" Trump, dismissing the virus's symptoms on Monday.

"Folks, this coronavirus thing, I want to try to put this in perspective for you. It looks like the coronavirus is being weaponized as yet another element to bring down Donald Trump. Now, I want to tell you the truth about the coronavirus ... The coronavirus is the common cold, folks," he claimed.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Man, I hope he is right. This is pretty much echoes talking points from the Republicans at work. It won't be long before we know the truth

Conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh said he thinks the coronavirus is being sensationalized to hurt President Trump.As the stock market falls amid the spread of the virus, Limbaugh claimed that the outbreak was being used to "bring down" Trump, dismissing the virus's symptoms on Monday. "Folks, this coronavirus thing, I want to try to put this

As the stock market falls amid the spread of the virus, Limbaugh claimed that the outbreak was being used to "bring down" Trump, dismissing the virus's symptoms on Monday.

"Folks, this coronavirus thing, I want to try to put this in perspective for you. It looks like the coronavirus is being weaponized as yet another element to bring down Donald Trump. Now, I want to tell you the truth about the coronavirus ... The coronavirus is the common cold, folks," he claimed.
      man, all those scientists must feel like idiots now that they've been outed.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        man, all those scientists must feel like idiots now that they've been outed.
        Show respect for this Medal of Freedom winner. How many of those science eggheads have medals, anyway?

Comment

i almost feel like Rush will end up dying from the coronavirus. not that accurately predicting it means anything. it just seems ironic. i like to point out irony.

Comment

My dad watches Colbert, but otherwise doesn't follow politics. Sent me this text:

"What do you think about this Bernie Sanders guy creating the Coronavirus just to make the stock market plunge and thereby effecting Donald Trump's chances of being re-elected. Not the best way to get votes."

My dad is a merry prankster type, (some hope for me yet to mellow out), so I thought I'd share.

Also, I'd like to share my favourite moment from the last few weeks for comedic exploits.... Vancouver had about 5-10% of everyone wearing face/surgical masks, up from the usual 0.5-1% that used to wear them out of Asian cultural practice... so I was eating dinner and witnessed a guy in a facemask walk into a high end retail shop across the way, and once inside, he pulls off his face mask, outstretches his arms, and triumphantly inhales the sweet safe store air... made me laugh my ass off.

In these times, we need laughter wherever we can find it.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
              i almost feel like Rush will end up dying from the coronavirus. not that accurately predicting it means anything. it just seems ironic. i like to point out irony.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Hmm, not many people die of the common cold, though, so slim chance of that happening.

I do remember there was a quack doctor who said aids wasn't real and died of aids, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  My dad watches Colbert, but otherwise doesn't follow politics. Sent me this text:

"What do you think about this Bernie Sanders guy creating the Coronavirus just to make the stock market plunge and thereby effecting Donald Trump's chances of being re-elected. Not the best way to get votes."

My dad is a merry prankster type, (some hope for me yet to mellow out), so I thought I'd share.
                  For you all of people, that is some epic trolling. I bow to your dad's sense of timing and choice of subject.

Comment

did he actually say this Bernie Sanders guy, like this fucking guy or simply this guy!. i feel a trend coming on in society like it's safe to assume your emotional or not paying attention enough to remember a name. i am going refer to people in the future, if i can, as this guy. i think we have something.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      Hmm, not many people die of the common cold, though, so slim chance of that happening.

I do remember there was a quack doctor who said aids wasn't real and died of aids, though.
                      he already has lung cancer after years of downplaying the dangers of smoking. so there's some history here. you can get lung cancer from other things like radon or 2nd hand smoke. but then you factor the most people at risk from a respiratory pandemic are people already compromised. which makes it logical.

i don't really care, Rush is a performer, he may be a master of lies, but i was under the impression after he had Elton John perform at his wedding that he probably doesn't believe anything he says.

i mean when the health minister of Iran is talking on TV about the coronavirus and then starts coughing and then comes down with it, a health minister, doesn't get any more telling than that. or the Pope, blessing the afflicted and then does too. not to compare Rush, that Iran guy or the Pope. i think the Pope is ok. i don't think he was blessing infected people in person.

on a serious note, hope for the best expect the worse. if this infects everyone that's maybe 50-100 million deaths? this is a watershed moment in the world. China has banned all markets for wildlife meat... the cat is out of the bag.

Comment

China has outlawed the game Plague inc.. and i wonder how long before Mike Pence does too. it seems like a good idea. blame it on a video game, right?

Comment

honestly i have to laugh at the continued coverage of the virus. the headlines every day are as laughable as much as they are predictable. just watching this thing slowly but surely emerge and comparing it to reactions and coverage. people are more concerned with how much money they will lose on the stock market than about how many people they know might lose their lives.

it's the titanic. people more worried about their bets on the shuffleboard game than the fact the ship just hit an iceberg. ..there are people that you know, that are going to die from this. or you know, people saying instead of being a financial crises it's a politics crises not a heath one. to watch everyone try to find a blame or reason besides the actual problem. this isn't the common cold, it's not the flu, it's not H1N1, it's the real deal.

so you want to live in denial. i get it. we are really good at that. we have a lot of experience. and we are going to go through every single machination until we have to face the truth.

and you can say looking back, i remember when they were more worried about how much money they were going to lose on their apple stock, than a grandfather or older friend that died from the virus. and then, oh look, the stock made it up in the future even though their grandfather is still dead.

it's comical watching the world come to grips with this. in a tragic way. it's a certainty. it was a certainty a month ago. it was inevitable years ago.
                          people might say, hey nullnor, you're just a broken clock that warned us about the H5N1 bird flu over a decade ago. that turned out fine. not exactly but. that's a chicken still waiting to come home to roost. or hey, the next headline, top whitehouse officials have firm grasp on coronavirus. which at this point is impossible. talk to me in a few months after we've had to build some emergency makeshift hospitals.

you are damn lucky this happened in FEB. the warm weather coming will help mitigate it's infection rate. if this had happened in the fall and not the winter it would've spread much faster. by next winter there should be a vaccine.

not that everyone will get infected. worst case scenario, 300 million Americans at a 2.5 infection rate. ..10% is 30 million, 5% is 15 million, 2.5% is 7 million. logically it will mostly kill people in blue states, or Florida, and California. and then we can attribute republicans finally being able to win the popular vote.

you laugh but, it's a game of numbers. and putting someone like Mike Pence in charge. people will be saying, instead of the coronavirus trying to hurt the stock market, they are trying to kill off democrats on the coast in blue states. paranoia is not limited to political parties.

Comment

Business continuity plans are kicking in now...

Comment

China has outlawed the game Plague inc.. and i wonder how long before Mike Pence does too. it seems like a good idea. blame it on a video game, right?
                              My son loves that game! He better not, lol!

Comment

So apparently someone died in Seattle from COVID19 yesterday or today. So I went to the store this morning and it was quite busy. All the hand sanitizer, bleach, and rubbing alcohol are sold out. There is also a run on bottled water and toilet paper. Not sure if this is happening elsewhere, but I'd urge you all to prepare to the degree that you can. If I find any good links on this I will share them.
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X