No announcement yet.

Baseball Hall of Fame voting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will end up being interesting is if any of the cheaters from the '17 Astros end up making HoF cases for themselves. That kind of cheating, or Sosa's corked bat now that I think of it, concerns me much more.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      But at the same time, Bonds, sans cheating, was still so clearly an all-time great, as was Clemens.
      Dunno about Clemens. It's pretty clear where his cheating started, too, and he'd have had to get in on the Koufax basis - great peak of about 7 years, and then done, without steroids. It's why I left him off my list. Yes, he had three Cy's and a MVP before going in the tank pre-steroids, but only 180ish wins, and good but not great other totals.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I think Bonds AND Rose should be in . How can you have a HOF and the Hit leader and HR leader not be in . Put fucking * on the the Plaque what a douchebag they were/are....none are worse then Cobb.

Comment

The hall of fame isn't for the players, it is for the fans.

Put in Bonds. Put in Clemens. Put in Rose. I want my great grandkids to know about them, not only for what they accomplished, but how. It's part of the story of baseball.

Hiding their names and pretending like it didn't happen just does "us" the injustice.

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
            I think Bonds AND Rose should be in . How can you have a HOF and the Hit leader and HR leader not be in . Put fucking * on the the Plaque what a douchebag they were/are....none are worse then Cobb.
            "Ty Cobb wanted to play, but none of us could stand the son-of-a-bitch when we were alive, so we told him to stick it!"
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              They need to grow some balls, you can't cancel balls, only sit on them the wrong way occasionally.
              You are clearly not married.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                ok smoker.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                  Oh I am and I would say something, but I keep that between her and I.

And frankly, though I do have big balls, well let's just say I don't get the girls cuz I'm pretty or rich...

It's because I'm a fantasy baseball savant.

If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    ok smoker.
                    Cigars.
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                      Cigars.
                      Freud is so happy with you.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Today the Hall will announce the newest inductees, and it's looking like Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens will finally get elected in their last year of eligibility, joining David Ortiz as a 1st ballot HOFer.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Today the Hall will announce the newest inductees, and it's looking like Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens will finally get elected in their last year of eligibility, joining David Ortiz as a 1st ballot HOFer.
                          The past two years, Bonds and Clemens had their early public vote percentages drop 9% to 12% once the final results were announced. Since they are sitting at 78.1% (Bonds) and 77.1% (Clemens) currently in the announced ballots, it is expected that both of them will not be enshrined by the BBWAA unless the previous trends of private ballots radically change. Even David Ortiz's enshrinement does not seem like a sure thing to many people at this point with a 84.4% current total. We will know for sure this evening.

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?...K9u16pmWGGlQsI (check out the tabs at the bottom for previous year's results)

Comment

It's going to be Ortiz, by himself, by a margin of 7 ballots IMO

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Disagree -- I don't believe either even clears 70% given the amount of cowards who don't publish their ballots

Comment

Steroid user, friendly to press = Hall of Fame.

Steroid user, unfriendly to press = no Hall of Fame.

Comment

Working...
                                X