No announcement yet.

Offseason Rumor Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here the point is not what he might bring in a trade, but how much is he worth with regular AB. The answer seems to be, it's unlikely because there is no defensive value and the bat is not good enough to carry him.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      "I also don't think he [CFrazier] will bring much in a trade, but I think his 1st round draftpick status will keep the price up enough to spoil the market."

I assume you are talking about a weak fantasy league and not MLB?

a good tell on a player is when the fanatics who call local sports talk radio always try to make the same guy the centerpiece in any trade. even those dimwits know enough to try to dump him, yet they propose a trade that would make the other MLB clubs laugh.

Those call ins are hilarious! How about we package all of our garbage for your 1 diamond?

Comment

Phillies after Gregorius, with the idea that Segura will be moved to another position or traded

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Phillies after Gregorius, with the idea that Segura will be moved to another position or traded
          I have read Girardi likes him but he doesn't fit here. They need to Target pitching.

Comment

the only Phillies with 150 PA in 2019 and better than a 110 OPS+ were Harper 125 and McCutchen 115 before he got hurt. only one sacred cow on that team.

Gregorius was 106 in 2017 and 124 in 2018, had a bad injury and slipped to 87 last year. MFranco had an 80, Segura a 90, and CHernandez a 91.

if Girardi wants "Didi" then I suspect he'll be indulged.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Jeff Passan of ESPN reports that the Mariners are shopping C Omar Narvaez.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

O’s place Jonathan Villar on outright waivers with the intent to move him ahead of next week’s non-tender deadline

Comment

O’s place Jonathan Villar on outright waivers with the intent to move him ahead of next week’s nom-tender deadline
                  Wow, that's a surprising move. Yes he's going to cost $10mm but he's also a ~4 WAR player, so worth it... Still 28 years old, hasn't even hit free agency yet.

Comment

MILWAUKEE -- The Brewers and Padres made a pre-Thanksgiving splash on Wednesday with a five-player trade centered around infielder Luis Urías, who entered 2019 as the 16th-ranked prospect in baseball by MLB Pipeline.

In a deal first reported by MLB.com’s Jon Paul Morosi, the Brewers are getting 22-year-old Urias, left-handed starter Eric Lauer and a player to be named later or cash from the Padres for up-and-coming outfielder Trent Grisham and steady starter Zach Davies in a swap between clubs aiming to contend in 2020.

The Brewers landed the versatile infielder they’d coveted plus a controllable lefty for a rotation long dominated by right-handers. The Padres got what they wanted in a left-handed-hitting outfielder who can man all three spots, plus a more established starting pitcher.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Wow, that's a surprising move. Yes he's going to cost $10mm but he's also a ~4 WAR player, so worth it... Still 28 years old, hasn't even hit free agency yet.
                      Yes, I do not get it at all. They tried to move him and couldn't. Is this a sign oof bad things to come in baseball?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        Yes, I do not get it at all. They tried to move him and couldn't. Is this a sign oof bad things to come in baseball?
                        Or bad things to come for Villar?

Comment

Or bad things to come for Villar?
                          I was thinking that too. Maybe there is something we don't know yet.

Comment

Maybe he is a better fantasy player than real baseball player?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Maybe he is a better fantasy player than real baseball player?
                              I believe the O's think he's too inconsistent, which is an accurate assessment, and they've been burned way too many times before .

Comment

I believe the O's think he's too inconsistent, which is an accurate assessment, and they've been burned way too many times before .
                                That is the issue Milwaukee had with him too.

Comment

Working...
                                X