No announcement yet.

Armed Conflict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could definitely see a rise in terrorist attacks from these cultists.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      fair point ... I was thinking of third world countries historically ...not sure there are any examples in a first world setting. And ultimately this is why this won't come to pass IMO - the majority of folks are well fed, have houses and cars ... most won't risk everything for a principle.
      I'm starting to come around to your perspective on this after reading a social media post tonight -- about a sheriff who says he'll "uphold the constitution" if the federal government tries to confiscate guns out of his county. The comments were littered with people who at least claim to be ready to act the way you suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        I'm starting to come around to your perspective on this after reading a social media post tonight -- about a sheriff who says he'll "uphold the constitution" if the federal government tries to confiscate guns out of his county. The comments were littered with people who at least claim to be ready to act the way you suggested.
        Well, that is a different issue, though. It is why I think Beto's mandatory buy back is a bridge too far, and a bad idea to even suggest. I don't see revolution for Trump, but could see it over mandated gun confiscations. Hell, there was so much unfounded fear of that under Obama it led to record gun sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          just to reiterate, I don't think this would escalate into a large conflict, for the reasons stated above ... but I can certainly see skirmishes breaking out, and certain groups on both sides using them to further their own agendas.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I thought this could use a re-set. it seems a likely outcome if the Nation continues down this path of States essentially telling the Feds to go f*ck themselves and the SCOTUS becoming a branch of the GOP/Cristian Conservatives. I can't see continuing without more and more protests and eventual violence.

I hope it doesn't, but I'm not seeing a clear path to avoiding it's inevitability.

Edit to add--Jan 6th.
            Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 05-05-2022, 02:54 PM.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
            X