Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too many NBA keepers - what would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many NBA keepers - what would you do?

So my NBA league implemented a few rules this year designed to discourage dump deals and it worked. None of the top contenders were able to convert their cheap keepers into veteran studs for the stretch run, me included. I finished 2nd, and now have, in my opinion, 8 legitimate keepers even with our Salary +$10 keeper price. The problem is, we're capped at just two keepers. I'll list the eight guys I think are potential keepers, in order of keeper price, despite that I think there will be consensus around the top three:

$39 - B.Beal (G)
    $21 - J.Randle (F/C) - particularly if he stays with NOP and AD is traded
    $12 - D.White (G) - may depend on Dejounte Murray
    $11 - P.Siakam (F)
    $11 - J.Lamb (G) - particularly if K.Walker walks
    $10 - M.Robinson (C)
    $10 - D.Dedmon (C)
    $10 - D.Wright (G) - if Conley is traded as both the Grizzlies and Conley want him to be

We've got 12 teams, 8-category roto (no TOs), $200 for 10 starters (2C, 4F, 4G) and 6 bench (any position).

If I were allowed to keep all 8 guys, it would be only $124, leaving me $76 for two forwards (say, KD and Covington) and the bench (usually $1-$3 players). That would be a damn good team, which is nuts given that I'd be giving all eight keepers a $10 raise.

Alas, I can only keep two guys.

I'd get out of all fantasy leagues except a couple of football ones.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
      I'd get out of all fantasy leagues except a couple of football ones.
      I know its apostasy in some parts, but I hate fantasy football, while basketball has actually surpassed baseball as my favorite fantasy sport.

Comment

yeah, sorry, I've got nothing here...
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I have to say I have no idea how good any of those guys are at basketball, but I think J. Randle was an All-Pro at football, so I'd probably keep him. D. White was a stellar center fielder back in his day, but you probably don't get points for his defense in fantasy. D. Wright hurt his back and retired, so don't keep him. Jake Lamb seems like the best of your keepers given that I haven't heard of the rest of the crew. He should be back in a few weeks from his quad injury and then he should be good to go.

So my recommendations:
          1. J. Randle (center)
          2. J. Lamb (gritty white guy)
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            I have to say I have no idea how good any of those guys are at basketball, but I think J. Randle was an All-Pro at football, so I'd probably keep him. D. White was a stellar center fielder back in his day, but you probably don't get points for his defense in fantasy. D. Wright hurt his back and retired, so don't keep him. Jake Lamb seems like the best of your keepers given that I haven't heard of the rest of the crew. He should be back in a few weeks from his quad injury and then he should be good to go.

So my recommendations:
            1. J. Randle (center)
            Most spot on analysis I've ever read on RJ.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              Most spot on analysis I've ever read on RJ.
              Thanks. I do what I can.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

So my recommendations:
                1. J. Randle (center)
                LOL, nice.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                  I know its apostasy in some parts, but I hate fantasy football, while basketball has actually surpassed baseball as my favorite fantasy sport.
                  Thanks B, I had to go look up apostasy.
                  “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

I have to say I have no idea how good any of those guys are at basketball, but I think J. Randle was an All-Pro at football, so I'd probably keep him.
                    I thought that dude was in jail.

(Joseph)
                    Last edited by Ken; 04-29-2019, 04:04 PM.

Comment

I know most of y'all don't care, but free agency has shaken up my calculus a bit. I assume I have to keep Siakam at $11 regardless of Kawhi's decision, but Randle's fantasy stock is probably up and Robinson's down maybe a bit, if they have to find time for Portis and Taj Gibson.

Comment

Working...
                      X