No announcement yet.

Rag Mags are out! Woo hoo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ever happened to Bob Kohm and Byron? Jason, do you have any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Rush View Post
      That's how many years ago? I was here, too. I remember compiling the daily stats by hand, out of USA Today.
      I did that too as I was my league Commissioner for the first 10 years or so (started in 1991)
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

That's how many years ago? I was here, too. I remember compiling the daily stats by hand, out of USA Today.
        Hey Rush! You still in Minny? IIRC, I found the Bullpen in 1999, and I came across it shortly after it started. My first handle on there was CeeMeFly. Everybody called me "Flyman"...and that has been my handle ever since. LOL. Ah...memories.

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        What ever happened to Bob Kohm and Byron? Jason, do you have any idea?
        Man I would live to know what Bob and Byron are up to these days.

Comment

I talk to Byron weekly, he lives in Dallas as a video producer. He's in a draft I'm running tonight actually (and 3 others I'm involved in over the next few weeks). What information are you interested in?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            I talk to Byron weekly, he lives in Dallas as a video producer. He's in a draft I'm running tonight actually (and 3 others I'm involved in over the next few weeks). What information are you interested in?
            Thank you for posting this.

Sounds like things are going well for him. Glad he still plays.

Comment

Sports Illustrated now has an overpriced ($9.99), full color, glossy, multiple cover, and late-to-the-party fantasy magazine. It has good eye appeal. But, it has less substance than the others. I'll pass.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

[QUOTE=Flyman;335260]Hey Rush! You still in Minny? IIRC, I found the Bullpen in 1999, and I came across it shortly after it started. My first handle on there was CeeMeFly. Everybody called me "Flyman"...and that has been my handle ever since. LOL. Ah...memories.

Yes, Still in MN. Things were a bit different back then. We actually got some "scoops" from members that hadn't already come out on Twitter. Glad to see you're "in the game". If my memory serves me, You took a break for a while, didn't you? That's a probably longer ago than it seems.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rush;336653]
                  Originally posted by Flyman View Post
                  Hey Rush! You still in Minny? IIRC, I found the Bullpen in 1999, and I came across it shortly after it started. My first handle on there was CeeMeFly. Everybody called me "Flyman"...and that has been my handle ever since. LOL. Ah...memories.

Yes, Still in MN. Things were a bit different back then. We actually got some "scoops" from members that hadn't already come out on Twitter. Glad to see you're "in the game". If my memory serves me, You took a break for a while, didn't you? That's a probably longer ago than it seems.
                  Didn't he end up in New Orleans for awhile?

Comment

[QUOTE=Gregg;336655]

Didn't he end up in New Orleans for awhile?
                    You could be right, that sounds familiar.

Comment

In honor of Fantasy Baseball Guide I thought I would bump this.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        I used "cheaters" to read in bed last night. Stayed up too long and a bit tired this morning.
                        Yeah, I am bummed I have had to start using reading glasses/progressive lenses for small print....if there is a level beyond that where even with them, print is too small, don't tell me madducks!

Comment

Working...
                        X