Knicks-Mavericks trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knicks-Mavericks trade

Not finalized, but it looks like the Mavs will get Porzingis, Hardaway and Lee, while the Knicks will get DSJ and the expiring contracts of D'Andre Jordan and Wes Matthews. Meaning the Knicks are freeing cap space to build around...whom?...they've got to hoping it's Zion.

The Knicks have traded Kristaps Porzingis, Trey Burke, Courtney Lee and Tim Hardaway Jr. to the Mavs in return for Wesley Matthews, Dennis Smith Jr., DeAndre Jordan and two future first-round picks.

I assume my Mitchell Robinson pickup will still be fine as I can't see the Knicks riding Jordan with no intention of him being part of their future.

Or Durant

Comment

Yeah this is 100% a play for Durant I think.

Comment

Trey Burke also going to Dallas and looks like 2 picks going to NY

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          Yeah this is 100% a play for Durant I think.
          Does Durant have any interest in playing for the Knicks? Maybe if they win the lottery to draft Zion and if DSJ looks really good in what's left of the season. Imagine if they could draw KD and Klay, and start next season with DSJ, Klay, KD and Zion, plus the draft picks they got from Dallas.

Comment

Kyrie Even mention before of playing in New York. How about Durant, Kyrie and draft picks

Comment

You know, the last time the Knicks cleared their cap way in advance of a superstar free agency, they got Amari Stoudemire after getting shafted by LeBron. Have they learned nothing?

Comment

Knicks Confident They Have The Cap Space To Ruin 2 Or 3 Promising Careers

NEW YORK—Insisting that he could easily lure several free agents into giving up their hopes for a championship, Knicks president Steve Mills confirmed Tuesday that he was confident the team had the requisite cap space to ruin two or three promising careers this offseason. “After making moves at the trade deadline to…

NEW YORK—Insisting that he could easily lure several free agents into giving up their hopes for a championship, Knicks president Steve Mills confirmed Tuesday that he was confident the team had the requisite cap space to ruin two or three promising careers this offseason. “After making moves at the trade deadline to position ourselves, we are poised to sign at least two franchise players who will squander the prime of their careers here,” said Mills, who noted that the 2019 free agency class was “absolutely loaded” with superstar players that could blow out their knees, feud with the front office, or languish in a coaching system that doesn’t fit their talents. “If we play our cards right, we might even be able to convince three marquee players to take a pay cut, surround them with marginal talent, then have them wallow in the dregs of the Eastern conference for the next half decade and never return to their former levels. And with our promising position in the 2019 NBA draft, we might even be able to destroy the career of a highly touted college prospect along with them.” At press time, Kevin Durant was considered a leading contender to be signed and then traded away for extra cap space in 2022.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Love it

Comment

Working...
                  X