*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    I also played a lot with fire. Sometimes involving gasoline and sometimes not. Those were different times, I guess.
    My brother use to like to coat his hand in acetate and light it on fire for his friends. Hours of entertainment!
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I remember washing my hands with gasoline to cut grease. Back in my younger days that was leaded gasoline. That can't have been good.
      use to have a little blob of mercury in my desk drawer that I would play with.

The best was when we found the unexploded package of plastic explosives the workmen left around. Our house was one of the first on the block, and they construction guys would use it to loosen the bedrock to build basements/foundations. It looked like a tube of cookie dough. We tried everything from bashing it with a hammer, to putting fire-crackers in it, to cutting the cord off my mom's hair dryer, attaching it to an extension cord and sticking it into the blob. We were fortunate to never solve how to set it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
        2 DD
        Only 2? Revo would have been disapointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          I read an article about him and holy freakin' smokes what a psycho that guy is.
          wasn't he the dude that was at bat when bhob's kid shouted out... "BOO! We're only rooting for the white guys!"

I still tell that story.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            There isn't really much else on anyone's "To-Do in Canton" list.
            the First Ladies National Historic Site is there. I've been there.

There's a Cracker Barrel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Have you considered flying instead?
              I'm just going to walk it.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                use to have a little blob of mercury in my desk drawer that I would play with.

The best was when we found the unexploded package of plastic explosives the workmen left around. Our house was one of the first on the block, and they construction guys would use it to loosen the bedrock to build basements/foundations. It looked like a tube of cookie dough. We tried everything from bashing it with a hammer, to putting fire-crackers in it, to cutting the cord off my mom's hair dryer, attaching it to an extension cord and sticking it into the blob. We were fortunate to never solve how to set it off.
                Back in my archaeology days, I worked for several months on an enormous missile range. We had to do a training about unexploded ordinance and were instructed essentially to never touch anything plastic or metal out there in the dunes. Of course, my crew being the geniuses they were, we ended up spending a decent amount of time lighting spent rocket fuel on fire. Smart, as in not so smart from smart enough people.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Have you considered flying instead?
                  If God had meant for heye to fly, he would have given him wings.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Back in my archaeology days, I worked for several months on an enormous missile range. We had to do a training about unexploded ordinance and were instructed essentially to never touch anything plastic or metal out there in the dunes. Of course, my crew being the geniuses they were, we ended up spending a decent amount of time lighting spent rocket fuel on fire. Smart, as in not so smart from smart enough people.
                    #BOOM

l
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

#BOOM

l
                      It is a little disconcerting to walk by huge missiles lodged in the side of sand dunes. I did get to see an enormous rocket, maybe 40 or 50 feet long, launch one time so that was pretty cool.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

It is a little disconcerting to walk by huge missiles lodged in the side of sand dunes. l.
                        Maybe there is a better option ? Ken suggests you fly by...Heye would drive by if it wasn't so damn expensive.
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

It is a little disconcerting to walk by huge missiles lodged in the side of sand dunes. I did get to see an enormous rocket, maybe 40 or 50 feet long, launch one time so that was pretty cool.
                          My dad did a tour of some petroglyphs on a military base down there. He said they got on a tour bus that was completely blacked out and drove down to the site. Same place?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            My dad did a tour of some petroglyphs on a military base down there. He said they got on a tour bus that was completely blacked out and drove down to the site. Same place?
                            Probably, yeah. I'm talking about the White Sands Missile Range. There are a couple other military bases, though, and petroglyphs are all over the place, including right in my town.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              Watching Lance McCullers just wears me out.
                              Going to my first game in several years tonight. Of course it turns out mccullers is pitching.
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• 12 hours at 132 degrees is too long for Tri-tip. it starts to get a bit mushy. Still good, but the texture is a bit off. Next time I'll stick to 6 hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X