*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    they probably had irreconcilable differences over the proper size for their next dog.
    not taking any side, but Bill at least acknowledged my dog and me.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Finbarr just wrote me back and called me Don. I have no idea where that came from. As I've mentioned, I get Steve on the regular, but not clue where the hell Don came from.

I think Finbarr may become my nemesis.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Finbarr just wrote me back and called me Don. I have no idea where that came from. As I've mentioned, I get Steve on the regular, but not clue where the hell Don came from.

Finbarr is the anglicized version of Fionnbharr, an old Irish name. There's even a saint associated, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finbarr_of_Cork

The fun part though - the name comes from the roots "fionn" meaning white and "barr" meaning head. Whitehead.

Your nemesis is Zit.

Comment

Finbarr just wrote me back and called me Don. I have no idea where that came from. As I've mentioned, I get Steve on the regular, but not clue where the hell Don came from.

Whatever you do, don't tell him you aren't Don. Save that for a year or two from now
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Whatever you do, don't tell him you aren't Don. Save that for a year or two from now
            it will be part of my coup de grace as I finally defeat him... "And the name is Wayne, mother fucker!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Finbarr is the anglicized version of Fionnbharr, an old Irish name. There's even a saint associated, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finbarr_of_Cork

The fun part though - the name comes from the roots "fionn" meaning white and "barr" meaning head. Whitehead.

Your nemesis is Zit.
              he was all, I don't understand, what you're saying isn't how I understand things... and I was like, I don't know what to tell you dude, not my job, talk to someone else to figure it out.

Comment

• Watching the sixers - rockets game. Usually I hate when I'm stuck with the opposing teams announcers, but these Houston announcers, who I am pretty sure are both drunk, are entertaining as hell.

Comment

Watching the sixers - rockets game. Usually I hate when I'm stuck with the opposing teams announcers, but these Houston announcers, who I am pretty sure are both drunk, are entertaining as hell.
                  That's hilarious - I watched a Bucks-Rockets game earlier this year, and while I'm not sure about drunk, these guys said some outrageous stuff. I keep waiting for them to get in trouble, but hasn't happened yet.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    That's hilarious - I watched a Bucks-Rockets game earlier this year, and while I'm not sure about drunk, these guys said some outrageous stuff. I keep waiting for them to get in trouble, but hasn't happened yet.
                    Most of the announcers who are stuck with bad teams sound desperate to shine the shit that's on the floor. They pump up the one prospect, or talk about how the coach has them all playing hard or whatever... these two had some of that, but they also had a whole lot of "we know we suck and are going to lose, but we're at a basketball game instead of working 9-5, so let's have some fun!" Hell, the rockets dressed 8 for the game due to injuries and covid protocol and one guy twisted his ankle half way through, so they played a good part of the game with 7. THey lost by 20 and it was never close. Yet the announcers talked up the sixers a ton, and just came at it as basketball fans having a good time. Really enjoyed it.

Comment

PONY auction was yesterday and I came out of it with 7 players on the IL.

I'm hoping I can patch together like 1.5 seasons of decent ball from a combination of Lamet, Sale, Mikolos, Pearson, and Sixto.

What's the over/under on 35 QS there?

I had saved Lamet and Pearson, have Sixto in the minors, auctioned Sale for $3 and took Mikolos in the 3rd round of the reserve draft (15 teams)
                      I probably can't give Lamet away, I'm keeping Sixto and moved Pearson a few days ago in a deal for Lance Lynn and Rhys Hoskins. Regarding the 35 QS question, I'm thinking the under at this point. I sure hope Lamet gets better, but it doesn't look good
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I probably can't give Lamet away, I'm keeping Sixto and moved Pearson a few days ago in a deal for Lance Lynn and Rhys Hoskins. Regarding the 35 QS question, I'm thinking the under at this point. I sure hope Lamet gets better, but it doesn't look good
                        right? I think I may get more innings out of Sale than the rest.

I'm tanked, about to start dumping I think.

Comment

I'm tanked, about to start dumping I think.
                          Door open or closed?

Comment

• King of the Hill (1997) - S03E05 Comedy clip with quote Hank: OH... UH, BUSY. OCCUPIED! Yarn is the best search for video clips by quote. Find the exact moment in a TV show, movie, or music video you want to share. Easily move forward or backward to get to the perfect clip.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• i guess I should have knocked before entering
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

i guess I should have knocked before entering
                                but that's not really my style
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X